Star Citizen raised over $300 million USD to date

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Oh, well, in that case, I got a game that I am preparing for right now.

I got 17 million in the bank, already, but, I would rather use your money to make the game.

How much do you want to risk of your money, to give me with no promises or guarantees?

Oh, before I forget, I do not have a credible business plan, or even a successful track record of producing a credible business plan, management of money, or even, any business acumen.

If there is free money that you want to give to me with non-gratias strings attached to it - then hand it over.

Now, if you will forgive me, I do have to spend some money on myself...let me know when the money is going to be in my bank account, that's a good girl...

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    This is kind of a dumb comparison and I know you know that. You may not think his previous games were managed well - but he did create previous games. You didn't (as far as I know). You may not care for the demos/concepts/ideas he put forth in the original kickstarter - but he did have them. You don't here.

I pledged $40 for the package after the game was already playable, including both flying and walking around. You're comparison is just giving you money based on a random forum post asking for money.

And again my problem is you're saying this despite there already being a playable piece of software that tons of people have sunk hundreds of hours into. If this was back in 2015-2016 or whenever, I'd probably agree with you that it's a risky, scammy kind of thing - but since then I've put about 150-200 hours into the game and I'm pretty content with the return in entertainment value. So it's kind of a moot point, right? It's like you asking for money in this post, me giving it to you, then 2-3 years later you email me some crazy awesome game. Then someone comes along and is like "you should have never given him that money" but im sitting there going "yeah maybe but I did and I got awesome game from it".

HandR likes this.
  3. :oops:

All stone cold facts

EDIT: It's a fair analogy it's basically what he did after having failed numerous ventures that were known to be jokes to industry insiders. Even wing commander is a cult success followed by numerous failure after failure. I could care less I'm not angry just... indifferent and confused by people's denial of this man's direction. But yeh - not worth getting outraged over :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2020
  4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Glad we agree.

IF this was at the beginning of the kick starter (I do forget which decade it began) then you are right, it would be scammy to have a multi-millionaire ask people to mitigate the risk of developing a project that would probably fail and therefore does not want to apportion any of their money into it.

This was really my point. It's just, some people do not read anything, or even take it in, unless it is written is super-big letters...like the terms and conditions of this project in it's current state (because Ts and Cs can change without notice).

Except my other point: It is not a game; It is a project. Until it gets a global release date and a global press event, complete with a red carpet, fireworks and perhaps...a fully completed game, inside of a BDXL case, with certification stampede with whichever legal entity in whatever country provides such stamping, reviews from press and critics as a final-release-totally-not-a-teaser...it's not a game.

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Man, I feel like conspiracy theorist today!

So, how about Star Citizen being an money laundering project? No need to hurry, it pays off now with portion of clean money ("donations"), and it will pay off more as project finally releases and people will buy it.
    Having hard time to wrap my head around, on how people forget to cancel their credit card from charging them $100 each month and keeping faith in the project for so many years.

And modern problems require modern solutions?

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I was just looking in the web for a roadmap for this suppose game Scam Citizen * i mean game Star Citizen and this was one of the first articles that i found - " Star Citizen still to come up with a roadmap for its roadmap " Inception anyone :D ! - https://www.fudzilla.com/news/gamin...ill-to-come-up-with-a-roadmap-for-its-roadmap and https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...p-for-development-of-new-development-roadmap/

Not looking good and people still defends this cluster fuk of a company lol . My opinion is we well never see a full game. Open your eyes and stop been blind !

Deleted member 213629 and Brasky like this.
  7. moneyman8

moneyman8 Guest

GPU:
    8x 8 GB Samsung ECC
    But hey - three hundred million dollars.... They sure do have good connections or some real good talkers.

chispy likes this.