CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    How do you know how Lumen performs? You have UE5?
    Also Lumen should have different levels of quality, just like SVOGI has 3 different iterations.

2. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    The same way you know how RT performs in Cyberpunk.

Solfaur likes this.
  3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    And Battlefield 5 was launched just one month later in November of that same year, the first game released with RTX support. So with that, calling it a paper launch is inaccurate. It was a fully working solution from the get go.

Well if that is the case, a lot of studios and developers are still embracing DirectX. Just found out that the Death Stranding and Horizon Zero Dawn PC ports will both be using DX12.

Even I thought they would use Vulkan since they are Sony first party titles, but nope.

4. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You keep pushing Cryengine, it's trash in comparison to Unity and UE. Voxel based GI is less accurate to proper rays for GI. You keep calling Nvidia's hardware accelerated solution a fraud/fake/not-real even though it speeds up proper ray-tracing and path-tracing but glorify the much slower core shaders and less accurate voxels.. Also if by better you mean slow and low res, you might want to look up what "better" actually means.
    You clearly don't know what you're talking about and it's getting old.

TheSissyOfFremont and Solfaur like this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    from what i had read the nvidia bakes some elements i forget what but want to say soft shadows and or lighting.

the nvidia and i assume unreal probably do "proper" ray trace in that it fakes none it bounces the rays off all spectral surfaces.

6. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I was expecting this thoughtless argument. People have played Cyberpunk, but nobody played any kind of game in UE5 with Lumen.
    Think before you write.

I don't push Cryengine at all. I don't even work in that engine, not anymore.
    You have a link that i posted here where it is explained how triangle raytracing works, aka Nvidia RT. And this is not proper raytracing at all, not even close. You can't have proper raytracing in games.
    For games you need a solution that has good effects and performance, and at the moment Cryengine SVOGI is by far the best solution. It is extremely performant and looks amazing. I mean just play KCD and go to the forest. And this is old Cryengine 3 tech.

Usually people who never worked with any engine will say how Cryengine is trash. But in the same time they want to talk about engines, although they don't even know what an engine is!?
    About Nvidia, i know very well who and what they are, and their history.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    sorry guys im a bit of a newbie with new graphic techs, what is Lumen?

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Some Unreal 5 engine stuff.. In short dynamic global illumination.

9. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually there's no Nvidia solution because they didn't invent it. Also their RT is not fake, but it's a fraud with which they brainwash people into thinking how this is something good, and that we need it. From a user point of view it is completely irrelevant which technique devs use to create GI, especially if it has similar effects. But to except these huge price manipulations because of some light tricks, and Nvidia only? Lack of critical thinking!
    On the other side Nvidia RT is not good solution for the devs because it's not in engine solution like SVOGI or Lumen. You must implement it which means more hard work for the devs.

And again none of these techniques is real raytracing like you have in reality, nature. You can't bounce light on a "atomic" level, and bounce it quadrillion times. Just imagine what kind of hardware would you need to even have something close to this.
    This Cryengine RT is mix of triangle and voxel raytracing, so it's basically optimized version of what other games have using Nvidia solution.
    Epic should offer something similar, but with different iterations; one should be based on pure voxels, other as a hybrid. Now the reason why Epic has decided to use voxel solution is their Nanite technology, because this tech use milions of triangles so to have triangle raytracing is not good for performance. It is better to voxelize geometry.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    so you are saying metro exodus ray tracing isn t the real deal? even in Control?

11. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    no he says it is, he's just saying that nvidias rtx exclusive features are defruading the community that's all

12. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    So here are most openworld activities you can do during the campaign, working with factions and random freeroam :

• Main job
    • Side job
    • Gun for hire
    • Search and recovery
    • Thievery
    • Agent saboteur
    • SOS
    • Merc needed
    • Special delivery
    • Assault in progress
    • CyberPsycho sighting
    • Clothing stores
    • Ripperdocs
    • Techies
    • Weapons/Gun shops
    • Trainers
    • Food/Restaurants
    • Bars
    • and other side quests

Solfaur and fantaskarsef like this.
  13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    If you think about how light behaves in reality, nature, not even close. That's impossible. Imagine a very complex 3d mesh where every triangle should bounce a light - how demanding this is. What kind of hardware would you need to calculate every bounce. And things in reality are not made of triangles. They are quadrillions of times more complex, with infinite bounces.
    This raytracing tech that we have today is the real deal if you put in the right context. But do not compare it to the reality. This is why this talk about is it fake or real is ridiculous.

14. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Cryengine SVOGI has multiple bounces. The most demanding iteration has 2.
    Planar reflections are very performance heavy.
    The problem with raytracing is the complexity of your level. The more objects and lights you have, performance will be worse. It would be good to keep the level of complexity like we have today, and to have multiple bounces in the future. But people expect increased complexity, more details, etc.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  15. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Nice to see they mention Ghost in the Shell and Akira... in my opinion two of the best Anime movies to have ever been created.

Witcher29 and fantaskarsef like this.
  17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    They are good but i still prefer the scarlett johansson version of ghost in the shell and Alita: Battle Angel these 2 are my most favorite schience fiction movies [non-anime]

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thing is, GitS movie with Johansson was in part very close to the anime cinematic wise, at one point (the chase of the cloaked enemy relatively early in the movie) it was 1:1 the same scene and viewing angle as in the anime.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Live action Alita was pretty cool, fingers crossed they make more of that.... kinda strange, I've never thought of that as Cyberpunk, but it is isn't it.... it's still ongoing with Mars Chronicle.

If they did Alita with the cat tail advanced body in live action.......... my dude... just.. yes.. that.. i be happy.. yes.. also Sechs, I would love to see her.. or.. well.. him in live action too... or just the clones in general.

20. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.