AMD Adrenalin Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.1 [20.20.01.08] - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Krteq, Jul 9, 2020.

1. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I cannot download, neither from pc nor mobile. Amd's website is broken for me when I choose a product to download specific drivers. Report it.

2. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    It isn't a calibration issue, if I increase the in-game's 'Illumination' setting beyond 300 nits (my monitor is capable of 1000 nits), the white levels start to blend, but don't actually get 'brighter' than 300/400 nits. Though most colours get to be overly bright. The black levels look 'okay' though (better than in SDR mode).
    It doesn't even make a difference if I enable or disable the Windows HDR-setting.

So far it's the only game I tested where the HDR isn't working like it's supposed to (according to YouTube vids demonstrating it).
    Sure I don't expect it to look like Shadow of the Tomb raider, but still...

JonasBeckman likes this.
  3. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Confirmed. Was working fine a while ago. Just download the drivers from Guru3D for now and report as I did :)
    Oh and BTW --- @Krteq was right saying that these are coming/have incorporated the WSL fixes ---- on the 20.7.1 since the release and no black screens... not that I have doubted his experience/statement but after countless issues I am a bit more careful now :D

itpro and Krteq like this.
  4. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Yup, I tried to search for chipset drivers 3-4 hours ago and the "search" button wouldn't do anything. Same behavior for gpu driver (was working fine two days ago, I dlded the 7.1 package).

Probably some general problem with their site.

itpro likes this.

5. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Always get my drivers from here at guru3d

always fast and never an issue

Undying likes this.
  6. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Thank you, disabling Zero-copy fixed the issue.

DR3AMCAST3R likes this.
  7. ECR

ECR Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700XT
    Will climb up on next WHQL for 5700xt if it not broke dont fix it

Passus likes this.
  8. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    I guess it's time for me to try out new drivers.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    This is WHQL BTW

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    HD64G likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Older engine instead of trying to port it to the newer version of Anvil so I expect HDR to be a issue with how the implementation was done for this game and some compromises unlike say Shadow of the Tomb Raider or the Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey games where the implementation is both done very well and targets a very high nits. :) (~4000 I believe is where it caps out.)

Tried finding some better analysis of how Assassin's Creed 3's remaster handles HDR but I couldn't find anything on it although I did find that it's underwhelming even on console unless you tweak the values and try to get something better from that though it's still described as very washed out.

EDIT: Actually from some of those analyzed games it might be similar to what Monster Hunter World has. (had? The game has gotten a lot of updates after all and even including D3D12 support.)

(EvilBoris HDR game analysis from ResetEra. https://www.resetera.com/threads/hdr-games-analysed.23587/ )

EDIT: Short of it is if there's complaints around the same type of issue with the visuals looking washed out even on console it's a implementation problem with the game and it might be possible to mitigate or work around it but it probably can't be fully fixed unfortunately.

HDR implementation and results will vary probably even more so on PC with various graphics API's and ways to query and utilize HDR whether it's Microsoft HDR10, AMD FreeSync2 HDR or NVAPI with some ups and downs from game to game or limits with D3D or Vulkan or some of these methods of getting HDR capability.

Plus how the game itself is set up when mastered for HDR like capping nits to a high or low value, black levels or just the tone mapping and other challenges or how to describe them. :)

Gotten better at least but I would imagine these older games would need a lot more work to retrofit HDR support into compared to the newer titles where it's part of the newer engine code already and implemented from the start. :)
    (Not that it can't be done but priorities and time and resources spent on this or on other matters so HDR was supported but it could have been done better.)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020

11. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4080
    Funny enough, there is a bug in the bug report tool. Can't click on the second drop menu (for the affected game/app) because it keeps loading indefinitely.

12. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I more or less found a workaround for the "issue":
    For a while now there's been an option in Radeon Settings under the Graphics > Advanced tab: "10-Bit Pixel Format". I'm not sure why there's a need for having the same option under both the Graphics-tab and the Display-tab (as "Color Depth").
    However, changing the Graphics setting prompts you to restart the system, but setting it to "Disabled" (you can leave the Display "Color Depth" on 10bpp) fixes ACIII Remastered's HDR, and it even looks pretty good as a result!

I don't know if this is a driver issue or a game bug, but having the Graphics card output at 10bpp instead of 8bpp somehow messes up AC3 remastered's in-game HDR capabilities.

On a side note: when using CRU to increase my monitor's FreeSync range, I actually need to have "10-Bit Pixel Format" set to "Enabled", or Windows will look dimmed after boot up.

HD64G and JonasBeckman like this.
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting, thought this was more for applications such as Adobe and AMD and NVIDIA slowly lifting this as a prior enterprise only driver feature but separate from the general color bit depth like how HDR prefers 10, 12 or 16bit color depth and true monitor support at that instead of the earlier 6+2 or 8+2 through FRC or dithering. :)
    (Plus for HDR some software manages it through their own implementation others work through the OS and having it enabled fully from the settings there and then possible differences in windowed mode or exclusive full screen behavior.)

Interesting workaround, learned something new there too.

EDIT: Or it works around or otherwise bypasses some known or unlisted driver issue with HDR in some specific situations too but if it fixes the problem that's that. :D

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    They are not the same settings. 10bit color depth for Display enables 10bit output. "10-bit Pixel Format" enables 10bit mode for desktop renderer, and will intefere with Windows HDR handling. You use this mode for 10bit color applications, like Adobe, etc.

GSDragoon, HD64G and OnnA like this.
  15. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Thanks for the information, since I wasn't able to find much in the way of answers on what that setting was actually meant for.

As I said earlier, it "fixed" CRU's dimming of the Windows Desktop, but you're saying it's best left disabled for normal 'gaming' use?

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Correct. For some unknown reason, Windows won't do it's HDR Mode with 10bit Desktop Rendering enabled.

17. ECR

ECR Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700XT
    WHQL not comfirmed ill wait

18. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    It IS WHQL.
    whql.png

HD64G and DanielRX like this.
  19. DanielRX

DanielRX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc319
    working fine with my both cards on different configs i5 3570 + RX580 and R5/1600 + VEGA56,no black screen, no siginal lost, affter 72hrs in use and stress tests, very solid perfomance, nice temps.

ps: I don't have VR, I don't use Chrome, I don't have a Freesync monitor, I don't use MSI Afterburner
    I use a 40 inch Samsung TV and my windows 10 is version 19041.329

20. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    what about death stranding support?