Shadow Warrior 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Undying, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What can i say one of the all time favorites. Finished the second game again not long ago cant wait to see the dragons.

Maddness, -Tj-, The Phoenix and 6 others like this.
  2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    2021....well...lost the excitement. I'll find it again in a year.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Love that self-awareness in the teaser! :)

Looks promising, apparently grappling and wall-running as new mechanics at least, also what looks like wrist blade, guess a bit of inspiration from Titanfall and Doom Eternal.

Incidentally just playing SW2 now.
    Regarding that, I kind of hope they'd dump the loot system and hub world design and return to linear, straightforward shooter gameplay.

SW2 feels too much like it's trying to ape Borderlands or something. Moment to moment gameplay is still great though.
    Also the level design is worse than in SW1 imo, due to the "sandbox" style levels. Hand crafted linear levels are usually preferred by me.

G*addict and cerebus23 like this.
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    sw2 i liked but for the amount of grind to get the mats and money to get the good stuff is silly.

nm the reviewers that played in hard mode and found it impossible because you needed some of those perfect upgrades nm that end game katana makes the rest of the game ezy 90% of the time. a energy launching katana?

but yea hub home exploration areas very bl like. not like bl invented that though. and how did the og sw play? i never played that.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Og SW was a linear shooter with "fixed" weapons, much like the original 90s SW it's a reimagining of.

I appreciate trying something new with the sequel but less is more I think.

Sure have weapon upgrades if you will but these too should be set, not random drops.

But yeah once you get better guns and upgrades and skills SW2 becomes very fun.
    I think it can be called a mechanically complex shooter.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Same here, but i can see their point - any game releasing by the end of this year will have a tough stand against C2077. Wouldn't be surprised if we see more publishers like Ubisoft announce another delay of more titles like WatchDogs Legion and AC Valhalla to next year as well.

Serotonin and cerebus23 like this.
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i liked SW2, and hopefully this will bring more fun aswell

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    2021 GOTY so far

can't wait for the jokes

Undying likes this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Damn was so excited didnt even notice. :D

Serotonin likes this.
  10. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I preferred the SW1 far more to SW2. Linear levels are just better than open ones for SP, at least for me. Hope they will return to that.

G*addict, AsiJu and Horus-Anhur like this.

11. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I prefer the gameplay styple of SW1, than that of SW2.
    I bought SW2 on day one, thinking I would get a better SW1, but instead, I got a discount "Borderlands".

Undying and Witcher29 like this.
  12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    While the first game is the best, and SW2 has it's elements that were disappointing.

Borderlands wishes it could be SW2. ;)

Undying likes this.
  13. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Thanks for letting us know OP! Looking forward to this.

I think I played SW1 and 2 with just melee weapons. Chainsaw katana? I want one in real life please.

Undying likes this.
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Finished both games without firing a single bullet. :)

Pete J likes this.
  15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

Parkour elements and means of quick traversal, some goofy looking enemies but then I suppose that was true of Shadow Warrior 2 as well among other other elements. :D

EDIT: Only part of the maps are shown too but it looks more built on arena like encounters this time maybe a bit like the recent DOOM games?
    (One of the enemies near the end of the trailer kinda spilled funny orbs of glowiness too.)

EDIT:

Wang Eternal?

Ah, no.

But new and improved psychotic rabbits could be fun. ~

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    AsiJu and Undying like this.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    They've said linear, level to level, story driven game.
    They are ditching the more open ended structure of SW2. Also.. no loot. No coop.

Horus-Anhur, AsiJu and JonasBeckman like this.
  17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yea Im getting mad Doom vibes from this, which tbh isn't a bad thing. I just hope they can nail the smooth gameplay and level traversal as well as generally these games have a sort of "B movie" budget and they always seem a little jankey in a weird way. SW2 got waaaaay to repetitive for me with each "world" seemingly similar to the last and having to revisit areas over and over to grind for loot and money also got tiresome. SW1 was overall a much better game and what can I say about the original? Its a masterpiece and probably the best build engine game of its time (until we got Ion Fury recently).

Actually now I think about it I would of preferred a build engine version, using the newly modded build engine that 3D realms used for Ion Fury.

I'm OK with that, we have far too many "looter shooters" now and its getting old. Borderlands, Destiny, Anthem, Risk Of Rain, Remnant, Division, Warframe and countless others.

No coop is a bit of a downer but if they can bring the same level of polish to SW3 that ID brought to Doom and Doom Eternal in a linear story driven game with all the wackiness that is SW then count me in!

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Said they are trying to get it back to how the 2013 reboot was, only with more movement options.

The only thing I'm a bit bummed about, they ditched their in house RoadHog Engine. Are using Unreal Engine 4 now.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm suppose multi-platform might be one reason for that, more easily port the code to Playstation, XBox or even Switch given time and resources to get it done right after the PC version which seems to be how they operate. Smaller development team I suppose so focusing on one platform to begin with and with the upcoming console generation and new hardware the engine might already be primed for porting the game forward to these platforms too. :)

I liked t he Road Hog engine though, Shadow Warrior 2 showed that it could give some good results and was keeping up nicely even getting in some early NVIDIA tech before some of this become more of a common feature in games from what I remember.
    RNG levels besides some of the story critical ones although with some structure and based around different blocks or something of that nature I believe is how they accomplished putting together that although I missed the style from 2013 so that sounds like a good thing to hear going back a bit more to how that worked but with extra options such as for traversal.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Sounds perfect.