So who has deleted their Facebook ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Repo Man, Mar 28, 2018.

1. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    That's the only reason I'm using it - found a truckload of lost connections.

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Deleted mine several years ago. All social media actually. Got tired of people's drama and all the arguments when you don't have a group think mentality. Individuality is a lost art.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    necro - reported

Serotonin and Brasky like this.
  4. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    FaceBook is like internet Crack were the people you think like you are actually looking for ways to screw you in one way or the other, Then theres family members and close friends.... I turned mine off and will Never again post Anything abt myself or my family on social media, Its a ticking time bomb. I love my freedom and privacy not giving that up.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Nope havent deleted Facebook yet. They are being sued for compensation of sharing my info.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I deleted the internet.

:D

EDIT: **** me!, how olds this thread :p

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I deleted it countless times I everyone time one is made "for me" usual by friend I use for bit then stop and delete it, then again everytime one is made it give false info and emails I never use or will use. I hate Facebook and countless other social site where people post crap that just posted to get reactions out people, or people that post info about OTHER people that dont us such sites like pictures and info of those people, on there page like it "theres" to posting

Example of that stupidity
    Person A takes pictures of person B getting a new 65in tv and bring it to there house and person A post that stuff on FB or what ever which has house number of person B bring it into the house. ( free adversting to criminals that scour such pages for stupid people) Person B dont know about anything till there old that person A did this.

The people that dont use such site probably dont for a reason and people that do use such sites should respect the people that dont use such sites AND NOT post picture or info about the people that dont use.

None of these social site are safe from criminals if they want to see your info they can no such think as unhackble or privacy in online world just the illusion of it.

How easily people TRUST these social site with there personal info and picture and god know what else? how many times has FB been in news for store there user database passwords and user names in clear TEXT files on servers? how many times have they be compromises, how many times have they been sharing info, and it not just facebook it all them in someway.

Hell smartphones are that everyone has at this point is the greatest tool ever made to spy on people.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  8. What's Facebook? I've also heard this weird word, how was it.. Twitter, I guess. Don't know that either...

Seriously, I enjoy my online anonymity and I'm not interested in connecting some online social networks to my real life.
    And quite frankly, I don't even understand people who do that and why.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    people need there "likes" about there post cause there vane and shallow and need someone online validate them? my guess and as good as next person maybe?, IMO all this sites poped up with as means to Farm people information cause they freely give out there for somereason

I can be use to keep in contact with people and then again so can email and phone calls and frankly i rather communicated via phonecall or emails maybe we just to old and dont get or we do get it and how all this info isnt as private as people think it is?

Deleted member 164252 likes this.
  10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I always get a thrill when I connect to a long lost friend I havent seen since my school days or childhood. FB can make that happen. So in that respect it does have some value for me.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    So it was you, I wondered where the internet went!

Rich_Guy likes this.
  12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    ∆ that resembles a sort of a vampiric, self centered so called friend who asked for favours everytime someone asked for a phone number.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Sorry :(

:D

AsiJu likes this.
  14. Somewhat unrelated but since we're talking about a social networking service & deletion. Anyone ever have this issue where LinkedIn repeatedly keeps deleting your ******* account over the years every now and then just.... oh unprovoked out of the blue? Cause that definitely happens to me and... it's so annoying!

I swear I could think my ex got hired there or something.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    deactivated my FB sometime last year I only keep messenger now as its the only way I can contact certain people. I downloaded all my photos from there as well and have them back up on my PC, my cloud account, and an external drive.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

16. hah yeah I ... won't contest that ... *sigh
    this part hit too close to home for me I'm glad I didn't read it while smoking a cigarette (i quit) or drinking - I would have spilt my drink... ( I am single never married I just mean it's like yeah everyone around you n you're like ehhhh mmm nah no thanks )

angelgraves13 likes this.