Far Cry 6 product page Surfaces - Welcome to Latin america

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This franchise is so played out. It needs a new engine, story, and total overhaul so bad.

G*addict, -Tj- and angelgraves13 like this.
  3. pastor_marco

pastor_marco Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    What the frack are you talking about? They have all been amazing and this one is going to be even better. If you are looking for something that is co-op there is no better franchise. Can't wait for this.

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    The problem is that exept the "fun" version (FC3 blood dragon and FC5 new dawn) the only change is where it is... FC2 africa, FC3 jungle, FC4 himalaya, FC5 USA (i don't talk about FC1 as the sequel is Crysis due to original team moving to EA).
    And with blackrock that have been take part in Ubisoft, the company is brain dead now.
    All franchises owned will be killed one by one.

5. Locoyote

Locoyote Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Cool, bring on 2021. I hope to see some new innovations, because the gameplay was getting a little samey, but I do enjoy Farcry games it's my sort of thing.

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Besting Far Cry 3 (and 4) isn't easy. To me, Primal was the only really interesting one since. The other games haven't been bad games, they've just been worse than 3 and 4.

7. pastor_marco

pastor_marco Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Stating that a franchise is dead is not an opinion pumpkin head. That's what the guy above you said. The OP said the game is in need of a new engine, new story, blah blah. How can someone say it is a dead franchise when Far Cry 5 was the company's second biggest profit making video game of all time and sold over 25 million copies? You can say you don't like it - agreed - but don't make false statements like "it's dead" when clearly it's not the franchise and more likely your brain.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  8. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Wait it's still on the same old engine? Come on...

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    First of all, FC2 was in Africa, so no, that probably won't be next.

Second, it's not pandering when the environment they choose is an extremely hostile one; that's why they typically don't give specific names to the country they're in, so they don't offend anyone. Besides, what political issue are they pandering to? Stop inserting politics where there are none. It's just a just damn video game.

Lastly, even if it was pandering, get over it. As you can already tell by this thread, people are finding the franchise stale. If another installment is to be done, where else are they going to go that will pique people's interest? It'd be stupid if they chose North America again and whatever fake European country they make would be too obvious and likely offend the one it is based on (or, would just be incredibly boring, in the event they chose to emulate Russia - I'm so sick of Russians being the go-to enemy). Latin America doesn't get a lot of attention in video games and in certain countries, they make for a great survival scene. The jungles there span many countries and most of them speak the same language, so much like in the previous fictitious places, it's ambiguous as to what country it really is.

I don't mind that you want to pass on this game; I probably won't get it either. But frankly, your reasoning is crap.

G*addict and 0blivious like this.
  10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    How many AAA games companies change there engine mid series

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020

11. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    What makes me laugh is when people say they hate the game/franchise/company then say they have an opinion....if you dont like it move along cuz Ubi give us some of the best games around, and im looking forward to giving Ubi my hard earned cash for another Farcry to add to my collection.

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Well considering I've played every Far Cry game on PC since the franchise started in 2004, I think I'm entitled to an opinion. I loved FC2 and think FC3 did an amazing job by adding a really good story with some rpg elements (upgrading your character's abilities) and is one of my favorite fps' of all time. FC 4 and everything after just feels stale that's full of fetch quests with no real incentive or desire about your character's progression. That's just my opinion, if you're excited about FC6 that's totally cool.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    More of the same. Thanks Ubisoft.

14. Shaxuul

Shaxuul Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Meh, the whole Latin America setting has been overdone already with the Just Cause game/series. Very good games, though, btw!

15. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I'm still interested but like with FC5 I'll wait for better prices.
    Also, add a damn volume slider to the music FFS

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    [​IMG]

NvidiaFreak650 likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    We're never going to get an actual real Far Cry game ever again are we...... kind of makes me sad.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Loved New Dawn, not so much FC5. ND's improved gameplay, partnering system, base upgrades, etc, is whats keeping me interested in the new one. FC as a franchise has been hit and miss, so cant dismiss it as a whole.

19. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I’ve played 1 and 2 and a bit of 3. Couldn’t really get into 3 but I still fire up 2 every now and then. It doesn’t help that I’m not really into shooters like I was years ago.

20. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Well, define 'real'. What makes a real FC game for you?