2020 has really screwed with my head.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by jbscotchman, Jun 29, 2020.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Every time such an event happens, I hope it will have this affect. Unfortunately, it always seems to have the opposite affect. People seem to be much ruder and less caring than before..... I really feel sorry for people....

jbscotchman and AsiJu like this.
  2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    In reality I doubt the world will be any better off in terms of understanding and community engagement / social caring/ empathy post this whole pandemic (whenever that will be).

I too hope for the best and the opposite to that, but history tends to repeat itself.

Just live life how you see fit and treat people how you would like to be treated. Just don't overthink or dwell on it too much. We only live once so live it as best you can.

With that said, who here wants a "tight" spank?

jbscotchman likes this.
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Sadly enough, from what I've seen in my area since things started re-opening....people are more self-centered than they were before. I'm sure it's not entirely the effect of the pandemic though. Some of it is probably at least partly due to the other issues in the US right now.... Personally, I've been trying to return to a previous mind-frame.....and when left to my own devices, I'm much happier for it.

@jbscotchman thanks for this thread. It actually pushed me into some, apparently (or maybe, obviously?), much needed self-reflection that I was otherwise unwilling to do.

AsiJu likes this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    What's happening in the world right now is a big deal. I'll let Pink Floyd do my talking for me, we have to..

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Not so much the pandemic but this whole thing happening here in the states. Just saw an advertisement the other night while unwinding in front of the tv: All lives cannot matter until _____ lives matter. That statement alone shows how shallow that thinking/mindset is. It keeps us still moving down the same racial divide. What, do they feel they are the most important ethnicity on the planet? That is what that statement is saying to me anyway.

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I have a lot to say about that, but if I do I'll be banned. Not only here in the pub, but also on twitter, facebook, youtube, etc. Anybody that wants to chat about this madness send me a private message, I don't discriminate.

AsiJu likes this.
  7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Well said sir. Be comfortable with yourself and your own outlook in life and you will be fine imo.

Unless your outlook in life is sniffing butts and chopping up people after you brutally murder them... then maybe you wont be fine.

*old man chuckle*

8. I still hold beef about the Witcher thread... :confused::mad::(:eek::oops:o_O @Turanis !

I guess in hindsight, in the end; can't take oneself too seriously ... lot of immovable and unstoppable objects here, no one is "perfect".

*sigh* that's... Arizona alright... even the police are like *sigh* "here we go boys, another one that flew over the cuckoos nest"

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2020
    Turanis and jbscotchman like this.
  9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Unlike @jbscotchman I'm going to respond to this....lol

No race is superior or inferior to any other race. They all have the same potential, if they wish to put that potential to use. The problem with the "black lives matter" movement is that the only lives they actually care about, are the lives of black people that are lost at the hands of white police. They have no concern for black lives that are taken by other black people, or hispanic people or asian people. If black lives truly mattered to them, they'd address the problem of violence towards black people in it's entirety, without targeting a specific group of people. It's a racist movement at it's core. When a black officer kills a white person, everyone stays silent. When a black officer kills a black person, everyone stays silent. When a white officer kills a black person, regardless of the circumstances leading up to it, BLM shows up and demands blood.... It's entirely about race. The group is racist. Their motives are racist. If they actually cared about black people, they'd be pushing education and societal advancement....not the defunding of police. Instead, they care about widening the racial divide....

All lives matter regardless of race, religion or political affiliation....

jbscotchman likes this.
  10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You get it. Don't ever let any form of authority tell you what is essential and what is not.

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I just want to add, how massively some message can snowball on internet and completely be out of control.

Black Lives Matter is an example of it. People on media can't afford to stay silent, they have to be vocal and support the movement to be relevant, while stayinh silent seems to be against it for viewers.
    If US website doesn't have [Black Lives Matter.] banner, it will be looked down upon.

Really weird situation that forces peoples hand.
    And it just tilts balance how people treat black people. Now all care about black people as [Black Lives Matters] campaign is going.
    And once it is back to normal, what next? Do people keep respecting black people.
    What next for Black Lives Matter?

I am confused here.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Ever heard of paragraphs? Hehe

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    He politely wrote the summary in the last one :)

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    2020 truly has been the worst year of my life... aside of what everyone else is dealing with, my long time girlfriend and love of my life left me, and shortly after my father died. It's hard to look bright at things right now...

15. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Sorry to hear that, I dont know how people manage to stay sane after such events.

Take care of yourself

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I have been contemplating suicide ever since it happened... so dunno if i "stayed sane"...

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Life is rough man, especially right now. Just know that you are not alone.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm so sorry to hear that man! I can only imagine what you are going trough, as I'm yet to find such love, but my parents are at an age where death can happen any day (especially now with covid19), and even just thinking of it makes me feel deeply depressed.

All I can say is that time will "heal/fix" things (thanks to our not so great capacity for memory, in the long run...), it's hard I know, especially when the emotional bond is so strong, but you have to try. Just find something that keeps you busy, especially that keeps your mind busy.

I wish you all the best man, don't give in to those thoughts. I too had them many times, at one point on daily basis, they will pass eventually.

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    That's the thing... i actually am :/

Dunno, i have battled depression since my teen years, i don't think it will ever truly go away... but it's worse now than it has ever been before. Ty though :)

Solfaur likes this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm with ya, been dealing with it myself for 20 years and it procreating sucks. I also lost my father a few years ago who was my hero, I could not have asked for a better father. He taught me so much, all we can do in life is just be a good man and good to others. The psychological and financial stress of the world is hurting millions of people right now, but IT IS NOT the end of the world.

angelgraves13 likes this.