NVIDIA GeForce 451.67 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SyntaX, Jul 9, 2020.

1. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
  2. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    Still get huge drop in performance in RDR2 in this driver versus 445.87. Please fix

3. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Seems a beta driver will comes quickly, lot of people complaigning about freezes in some games and low performance, everything was fine with 451.48, what the hell Nvidia is doing to make driver becomes worse and worse, after every major release :(:mad::confused::eek:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  4. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Call of Duty Warzone

Huge performance drops at times and freeze ups, going to go back to previous driver

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Your running it Windowed, Fullscreen or Exclusive Fullscreen?
    It lagged in the menus when using Windowed and ended up crashing, so far it seems to run fine in Fullscreen, didn't try Exclusive.

EDIT: Just ran the game while recording, it crashed after 23 minutes :(

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Thanks for posting, I'll check these out now.

7. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    played couple of games, didn't encounter any freezes or frame drops.

edit: HAGS off btw.

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  8. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Went back to using 443.24 and all is well...

Test system for these was a 980 GTX / I7 / 16GB so HAGS not in use. Haven't tried the RTX system yet

9. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Ever since the damn window$ 10 appeared, the hardware vendors lost their minds - literally hundreds of AMD's, NV's and Intel's drivers suffered and suffering with dozens of serious issues, for a few years now. All thanks to billy's gang.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's specific to games that use a high priority presentation thread and are being hacked into a windowed state (aka FSO), and no, it has no connection to HAGS what so ever.

I can force it to occur on Windows 7 as well using a cheatengine routine that turns ACBF into windowed, natively the game only supports FSE.

A fix is being tested and it will be in a hotfix as soon as it passes QA.

There isn't a newer one so don't worry, the Dell 9.20 release is purely a change in digital signatures.

Not without artifacts you don't.

You need to report it the correct way for it to be looked at.

Also i think several people said they had it running fine in response to your last post, the issue is likely in your installed vulkan layers.

I believe you are stuck between a rock and a hardplace because Intel are only qualifying the 530 for WDDM 2.1, mshybrid support requires both devices to be atleast wddm 2.3 or 2.4 for the handover to work thanks to the diagonal tearing fix that was introduced.

Mixing 2.1 and 2.7 displays a number of issues, one of which includes Opengl and Vulkan either crashing outright, or displaying a white/black screen with audio.
    If you can disable the IGP in the bios, you should.

Thats an issue specific to yourself, since various videos are displaying otherwise.

No it wasn't, these are exactly the same drops that occured in 451.48 and which only occur for FSO promoted games on dual screen systems.

I can reproduce them on Win 7 using windowed fullscreen utilities of trying to watch content on a second screen btw.

Hasn't been looked at so far afaik, Manuel only first heard about it when i linked cyberfreds post to him.

Its linked to Raytracing, so you not having that support is the difference :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    RodroG, JonasBeckman and PetritH like this.

11. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    arf , CoD MW still hangs or stuttering with RT enabled with this driver ( absoluterly no problem with 446.14 with RT enabled)

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you need to use the survey to get feedback noticed, otherwise it comes down to things being directly brought to Manuels attention so he can look for other cases.

As i constantly point out, the nvidia forum is not a monitored feedback location and not all replies to the driver thread stand out enough to create bug reports on.

Most cases of performance reports are not actionable as they require the gpu view tracing to identify specific cases of performance loss (which nobody really ever does), where as significant reproducible cases of performance loss tied to a game setting need to be clearly described.

BlindBison likes this.
  13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Seeing the comments on this as well as the previous one, i'll hold out for longer and stick with 442.59. Seems to be the smoothest driver for 1000 series.

14. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    I already reported it using the Driver Feedback Form for the past driver and for this one too. Just mentioning here in case Manuel sees it.

Nobody else mentioned having RAGE 2 working in the previous driver thread: https://forums.guru3d.com/search/5191850/?q=rage&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=432980

I also found someone else with the same issue, so I doubt it's a local issue, plus it works fine with driver 446.14: https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/hf79nv/rage_2_crashing_on_startup_need_help_pc/

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    These are running fine. Playing AC Odyssey as we speak (it's minimized) with nice fps and no issues. Digital vibrance and g-sync are working great.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Huh, you're right. I mixed up a reply about RDR2.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Single display?

18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yes. I hooked up my old Asus monitor last week just for the heck of it, and quickly realized that 1080p/hdmi is so inferior that I can alt-tab quicker than using a second display. NVME is amazing and I understand why Sony and Epic are touting it so much, but that's a whole different topic.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yeah i'm convinced for the most part that its only multi display configurations getting it.

What happens is the game process spikes to 100% cpu for a moment locking anything else from using it, not enough to trigger a TDR, the gpu still responds to pre-emption and status requests but stuff like logitech's lcd and ctrl alt delete wouldn't respond.

20. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    How this makes sense ? oO it makes as much sense as saying Davincis resolve is 2 updates ahead of premier thanks mr.adobe

Zoson and Sajittarius like this.