Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Well i would say magical lol but yes drop the dx version of the games ,, 9/10/11 and the dxgi file

2. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

9700k and a 2080ti, Odyssey is fine which is odd. Ill see if its anything specific causing it.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Turns out it adds lots of stutter to a previously smooth experience, will try it with Origins when I play that next :) Thanks for the replies :)

Passus likes this.
  4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I also experienced these mini pauses but after playing around with some of the game settings they stopped. When they occurred, the in-game benchmark would register around 2 FPS minimums as very brief drops. Cant recall which setting caused it, but afterwards the game ran smoothly and minimums settled to around 32 fps. This on a 7700k. (settings)

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The game needs at least 6cores/12threads. 4c/8t will stutter. Blame denuvo + VMprotect BS.

Passus likes this.
  6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I guess people can only speak for themselves. To make universal statements that must apply to all is a bit silly if you ask me. ;)

ACO CPU core scaling from 720p-4k

It could be resolution dependent. At 4k I have zero stuttering. In fact probably one of the smoothest games I've run at this res.

7. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Heres the thing.. Origins stutters like a bitch unless it's on a ssd, but oddessy doesn't and it's on the same damn drive. Doesn't make any sense. lol.

8. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    I can attest to the mod though, I'm running origins at 140% of my res (1440) at almost 70 fps on avg

9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I did try and move it from my 850 Evo ssd over to my 660p nvme. Both load it so fast that I can't tell the difference. But I also realized that my (16gb) ram was on default 1333 ddr3 speed and not 2133 XMP profile. I suspect it's been like that for a very long time. I also tried overclocking the CPU. (been on default for years) That helped out but Origins is still problematic. Far less problems and for a shorter duration, but still not smooth. Crashes a bit too.

I also tried the DXVK dll's in my folder and the game would crash before I got to the menu.

3800x build arrives in a couple days. It'll be interesting to see how this plays next week. Only the 5700 XT will be the same.

10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Way late to the party but this is a great game. I'm not a big fan at all of the franchise, but with Odyssey and Black Flag the RPG elements are very good. As some reviewers have said, you could have just dropped AC from the title and just called it Odyssey. On a side note: Ubisoft really needs a new engine. As good as it looks the stutter and hitching is so last gen. Take a lesson from Rockstar when it comes to smooth character animations.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    No longer available. What was it?

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  15. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Best combat in the AC series so far imho.

jbscotchman likes this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The combat is very satisfying, I'm going full blown Warrior with my character. And I do have to give props to the voice actor of Kassandra, sounds great.

17. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    What i find most satisfying is the freedom. I mostly dodge and end up exactly where i want to attack another guy before returning to the guy who tried to hit me. Feels like the fight scenes in Troi.

After i unlocked a 2nd loadout slot i went with an Assassin setup. I use this at night when sneaking into a fortress. Love this game so much. :)

Also the DLC where you visit Hades the underworld is totally worth it. Feels like playing Diablo in 3rd person.

cerebus23 and jbscotchman like this.
  18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I suspect Valhalla will basically be identical to Odyssey only set in a nordic/viking world. Being a cross gen title like Black Flag, its gonna be a mess at launch is my prediction. I can't stress enough that Ubisoft needs a brand new engine for AC and Far Cry.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Very much enjoying the game. Level 48 so far. Sorting out the inventory, upgrading, engravings, trying to match armor sets, switching out weapons/armor for different enemies and combat at hand can be a very complex and tedious thing. Esp since you are constantly acquiring new gear and have to re-sort and update things so often.

jbscotchman likes this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The amount of content and freedom is really impressive. It really is a great game and will keep me occupied until CyberPunk comes out. I won't count out Ubisoft or discredit them, in fact I am very impressed right now.

cerebus23 likes this.