Geforce gets 1650 VGA to HDMI adapter issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Computersrfrustrating, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Computersrfrustrating

Computersrfrustrating Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1650
    Hi all: I just installed the graphics card, and discovered that the adapter I had been using for my VGA monitor to my previous graphics card didnt fit. So I bought an HDMI to VGA adapter since the card has an HDMI port. That also is not working. Does it require some other adapter to work?

2. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    HDMI is a digital connection while VGA is an analog connection.

To go from HDMI to VGA, the connection needs active components in between, to convert the digital signal into an analog signal.

So unless you have something like this, any passive HDMI to VGA cable you find is a scam.

Only way to get VGA passively, would be with a DVI to VGA adapter and having a DVI-I connector with all of the analog pins available (the square section of pins on the right).
    [​IMG]

Computersrfrustrating likes this.
  3. Computersrfrustrating

Computersrfrustrating Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1650
    Brilliant, thanks for the reply. That explains it.
    It's so weird you mention about the 4 pins, because I have an adapter like the one in this picture. Crazy thing is, the graphics card has the horizontal line but doesnt have the 4 pins.

So essentially I need a different adapter than the one I currently have, correct?

4. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    Correct, the graphics card's DVI port needs those 4 pins to pass an analog signal.

Sounds like your graphics card has a DVI-D port and not a DVI-I port.

[​IMG]

chinobino likes this.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    There's no longer a DAC on the GPU. You have to use an active adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Active-Converter-Cable-Supporting/dp/B00H4J5B9U

[​IMG]
    This cable has an active chipset to convert the signal.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    chinobino likes this.