Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Whoa, damn!
    Thanks for the headsup.

2. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

Why are you people still falling for it? I don't want to live out the rest of my life in a pod. Also regarding the second wave & new pandemic/virus, it's never going to end until you say no. If more people would have come out back in early 2020 and said the magic word, this could all have been over by now, but instead you rolled over and here we are on the brink of the third world collapsing and hundreds of millions dying of starvation, it makes me so sad and angry that some of you're unable to see the bigger picture and implications, let's not make it any worse.

kanej2007 likes this.
  3. Dasypoedes

Dasypoedes Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 570 4gb
    Now Italy is not even half of US' number of cases. And it is just getting started.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    It is rather much larger, I would expect that anyway.
    https://www.wanderingitaly.com/blog/article/1063/how-big-is-italy
    32.5x larger!
    And Italy is almost 40 per cent mountainous territory.

Its gonna be bad in the US though.

5. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I think my wife me and my son all had it back in January

toyo and angelgraves13 like this.
  6. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    15,255 known current cases today on a total of 240,760 known cases... Italy is 40% like mountainous territory (although mostly is inhabited, especially in the valleys) but has a higher density population than USA, 5 to 6 times higher iirc... So yes, I bet it will take it very long in the USA to stabilize the infection rate.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  7. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    "Falling" for what exactly?

What could have been over? The spread of the virus, or the lock-downs?

This one really confuses me: If you're saying people should have resisted lockdowns and let COVID spread through the population, then you're saying we should have stood by and let many people die from COVID. At the same time, you're complaining about people starving in the third world? How can you be worried about people starving in the third world, but not be worried about people dying from COVID?

Also, why do you think millions of people are on the brink of starvation in the third world?

I'm genuinely curious - not trying to pick a fight with you. Your post just really confused me.

Fox2232 likes this.
  8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm sure the UN came out with poverty comments because of Covid19.

The long term financial damage will easily kill more people than the virus, but because it's a gradual thing and will mostly happen in the poorer countries the outrage will be low.

Brasky likes this.
  9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Not worth bothering about dude, if you look back at the posts by the greater conspiracy theory folk you'll find that their rhetoric constantly changes depending upon the situation, switching to some new cause to go after as their theories get crushed by the every changing situation.

10. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Yeah, I know I'm walking right into a rake. I just can't help myself sometimes... :oops:

11. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti

rm082e likes this.
  12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    So if we just say 'no virus' it disappears by magic? Hmmm...I'm pretty sure a certain leader of a certain Western country tried that, and...well... magic isn't real, infections and deaths are.

Alessio1989 and rm082e like this.
  13. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Instead of hard lockdown and shutting down business, they should have ask people to wear mask and impose social distancing rules in public places. That way, the business and economy will resume without the high risk of spreading the virus.

Lots of high population density cities have shown that people wearing mask still have low infected cases due to the people FOLLOWS the social distancing rules and wearing mask at public places (including in office). US and UK have done it wrong from the beginning when they believe WHO that mask is not needed. Also, as shown by SARS, apartments complex require adequate ventilation and water pipe design between apartment so that it will not spread through those system.

14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I appreciate your input, however I don't think problems suddenly disappears if we just close our eyes and image we are free from this pandemic.
    People are being responsible and take measures to protect themselves, people around them and to prevent hospitals from overflowing with sick.

There is a balance between allowing business flow and restriction. Your bigger picture seems forget the curve, go all in, let people die and let natural selection be the judge?

15. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    That how things works in Japan. Instead of putting lots of pressure on people and limiting all the accesses, it focuses on the ways to avoid getting sick.
    Masks, hands disinfection and social distance seems to be effective, without caging people.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I agree with you. However, just today in my county, the local prosecutor had to publicly rebuke our sheriff for saying he would defy the mask orders issued from the Governor. Hey, you wonder if a certain leader in a certain Western country intentionally making mask wearing a POLITICAL issue instead of a health issue...if THAT had any effect on the percentage wearing masks. Nah... no way.

17. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Oh yeah, I am sick of people wearing masks on their internet (facebook, twitter, etc...) profiles, as to show that they "CARE" and gain leverage.
    Wear mask and behave accordingly where it matters, not before the camera in your home for the media.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  18. I have been wearing 3M 8210 and 9210 masks since March every time I am outside my home either to work or grocery shopping, and in my country we have had fewer then 10,000 total cases with a population of 25,000,000 people. I can't for the life of me understand the big deal about whether or not to wear a mask, logic tells you that if you wear one you either offer others protection or offer yourself protection. Yet folks are arguing this and that, it doesn't help that the medical world is divided. It's just a stupid face covering, wear one....don't put your health in the hands of irresponsible people.

My job is in retail and after seeing a sick women, either with flu or Covid-19 shopping in March I said screw it and decided to wear a mask in public from then on. I have seen only a handful of people in my city wearing masks, it's as if masks are some taboo. To me the mask is also a visual reminder that we are in a Pandemic, it doesn't make me complacent it makes me alert. Folks walking around no social distancing, no masks acting like it's all rosy, I really struggle to understand what's happened to peoples thinking ability. They can't think and analyze for themselves.

In regards to wearing a mask...it's not a fun experience. The N95 is difficult to breathe with but that's the idea and purpose. I don't use the masks with the ventilator in them, that seems counter productive to me.

19. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well on a related note it looks like face masks are going to be mandatory up here in Scotland from 10th July for anyone going in to shops.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The mask law is unlikely to be enforced in Scotland, it's far too late now and shop workers aren't paid enough to police that.

Disabled groups have already got the exemption stickers ready and who is brave enough to challenge that and get it wrong.

It's a late/stupid idea that is just going to cause fights in shops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.