NVIDIA GeForce 451.48 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 24, 2020.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    16xx cards are Turing actually.

2. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Old and known issue with bugged DX 12 support in this game, just use DX 11 and your problem will be solved, this is 4A Games fault.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    metro dx12 is only unstable on unstable hardare.

4. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Lol i was only joking ,i hope they come sooner i have 450.99 installed :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020

5. Mozart23

Mozart23 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    First post on guru, yay.
    My 2 cents regarding this driver. Comparing games between 450.99 and 451.48, both with HAGS enabled.

PUBG
    450.99 - some minor stutters here and there, but overall very smooth experience :)
    451.48 - same amount of the minor stutters, but it introduced some bigger framerate drops, which lasts like a minute every game :mad:

Rocket League
    450.99 - very smooth with no issue :)
    451.48 - same as with 450.99 :)

Warzone
    450.99 - minor stutters, but overall pretty good and smooth experience :)
    451.48 - more stutters, less smooth :(

Fifa 20
    450.99 - smooth with very rare stutter :)
    451.48 - little stutter every 30 secs :mad:

Osu!
    450.99 - minor stutters here and there :(
    451.48 - smooth as butter :)

I will try to disable HAGS and see what will happen. I'll probably go back to 450.99 dou, because it was far smoother experience in my case.

Sorry for the longer post.
    Hope you all safe.

AsiJu and PetritH like this.
  6. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I played some FIFA 20 yesterday, it runs smoothly on my system with 451.48.
    Your issue might be caused by something else.

Smough likes this.
  7. Mozart23

Mozart23 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah could be. But the thing is it run pretty flawless before I updated the driver :(. No change in anything else, but not denying it can be on my side. I'm using two GSYNC monitors (165Hz and 144Hz). Low latnecy mode On in NVCP. I'm installing Standart Clean drivers. A lot of things can be the culprit.

8. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I use freesync on a single 4K display, with the global NVCP vsync toggle set to on, low latency off.
    The game's fps limiter is set to 60, it runs silky smooth.

Smough likes this.
  9. mcplaza

mcplaza Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Eagle OC
    So far this driver is working fine just like 450.99. The 446.14 gave me lots of nvidia kernel errors, thats why I opted to the beta driver. The 446.14 was the only driver that gave problems in years of always updated drivers for Nvidia. It was a mess since the first day, Ghost Recon Breakpoint generated those errors and I did not test it with any other games.
    The latest one 451.48 is working fine with my setup.
    With HAGS On my fps was improved between 1% with OpenGL and 10% with Vulkan games, something that is great.
    My GTX 1660 is OCed to 2040 MHz and DDR5 to 4990 MHz and I've tested the following games so far:
    Ghost Recon Breakpoint
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    The Division 2
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    The Witcher III

MCP

10. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX
    Is anyone else experiencing stuttering and frame drops in Forza Motorsport 7 after racing few laps? I thought this issue was fixed few drivers ago...

11. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Well I finished it twice before most of the patches and DLC came out so this is my third go.DX 12 runs flawless on every other driver pre - 446.14 and 451.22 was stable, but that being a dev driver, can't really trust it was 100% doing what a Game Ready Driver would do.
    I suspected 446.14 was probably putting more strain on system components with it's new DX 12 features and whatnot and every major WIN10 update, reacts differently to my system overclocks.One version might take a lil less cpu vcore, another might need a lil more.I'll re-evaluate the system overclock again, as in bump vcore up a notch and see if it helps.
    MHO, FFXIV SB and Metro Ex benchmark apps all run fine with this driver, numbers are great like 446.14 and 451.22 so I'd really like to keep it.

@Astyanax - Re-evaluating system overclock to see if it helps.

Also, HAGS option I'd really like to keep, mostly because it's there so why not, so I'll continue my testing with it on.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  12. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Hmm, got a black screen crash with these drivers. Picture freezes and screen goes into sleep mode after a few seconds. Experienced a couple of similar crashes on DX12 dev and CUDA dev drivers. HAGS was enabled in all cases but I'm not 100% if it's HAGS or something else since it appears to be random and I don't see a way to reproduce it yet.
    The only common thing I can think of between crashes was video playing in the browser.
    Anyone had something similar happen?

upd: same crash again after a few hours. Gonna disable HAGS for now until the next drivers or another crash (whichever comes first) to see if it makes any difference.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  13. undorich

undorich Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce Palit 1080
    i noticed in division2 benchmark lots of stuttering. the game runs fine, just the benchmark ist not ok. i will try to find out what it might be.
    im on 2004/b550-f/3600/1080/16gb/144Hz/gsync

shown gpu activity in division2 benchmark = 0%

14. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    So far things look positive.Went up a couple notches on vcore and this is now my fav driver.
    Thanks.

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  15. liviut

liviut Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8GB
    dota 2 crashes with hags on and i even got a bluescreen, disabled it and everything is fine no crash at all.

16. bizdatech

bizdatech Guest

this driver look bad on my system.

i5-9600k
    predator hyper x ram 3200
    2800 super msi
    z390 gaming board.

mild OC.

last time keep facing game stutter on COD.

try to solve many many problem . like try to make my system cooler, fresh install my os 3 times.

try to minimize all the start up program, change new PSU tot is PSU problem as well.

still game stutter.

this driver is the worst get 1 sec++ stutter.. .

previous driver is the best micro stutter only, sometimes dont even stutt.

game setting set 95% all ultra high. if lower the graphic of cuz it solved.

so now i move back old driver.

17. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    There were two ways I got HDR to display correctly with Windows HDR on and off (SDR mode) when using MPC-BE. I don't particularly fancy rolling back drivers so will wait till Mad updates MadVR.

Windows HDR ON.
    Displays HDR content correctly.

Windows HDR OFF
    Play the video, after it display switches, close the video from file menu (do not exit MPC-BE) and then play. That temporary solution works for me.

18. Dion

Dion Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB
    Drivers cause Adobe Photoshop CS6 to freeze and lock up and crash the program. Reverting to 446.14 and CS6 is fine..

19. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Driver is no good for Forza Motorsport 7 and exhibits the same performance degradation as Forza Horizon 3 (still not fixed for Turing). I don't know why Nvidia struggles so much with the Forza games but it's maddening.

edit

HAGS on or off, no difference.

Pr3t3nd3r likes this.
  20. deathnite

deathnite Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 12GB
    The GTX 1060 I got back in 2016 has been a great value. We later got support for FreeSync monitors, software Ray Tracing and now Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. Can even play 8K 60 fps videos without issues, even though I have a very old CPU. It's amazing how a new GPU can breath new life into an old PC. Can't wait to see what RTX 3060 will bring, this should be a worthy upgrade.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Xtreme512, k3lt and RobinTR like this.