Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay trailer released -Featuring DLSS 2.0 & Ray Tracing (incl Screenshots)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    CD Projekt RED has just released a brand new gameplay trailer for Cyberpunk 2077. This trailer focuses on and showcases the game's world, characters, story, and action. Cyberpunk 2077 releases on Nov...

Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay trailer released

2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Looks like there will be lots of layers to this game. I really am pumped to play it.

SniperX likes this.
  3. Hyderz

Hyderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    oh my goodness! the game oozes with details! my nipples can only get so hard!

Clawedge, mohiuddin, SniperX and 2 others like this.
  4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Man, the detail in this looks like a linear single player game, and then you realize it's GTA + Mad Max packed together.

Solfaur, EspHack and SniperX like this.

5. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    Pre-ordered!

Maddness likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Good as trailer can get.

7. eTheBlack

eTheBlack Active Member

GPU:
    GigaByte R9 280X W3X OC

Silva likes this.
  8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm probably going to love the singleplayer experience (cars, music & atmosphere), but I do find most of the players animations to be weird.

Ricardo likes this.
  9. rikkiepc

rikkiepc Member

GPU:
    7950 CROSSFIRE
    And the facial animations non existent. Still pretty exited for this!

Ricardo likes this.
  10. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    My only concern is the camera during real gameplay is too stable for my taste, look like a steadycam shooting. Except that it look mighty good.

On a side note, I just hope they haven't gone full control of the challenge like in Witcher 3 with random level base loot and level base quest reward. Personally, I like going after strong enemies or quest, having a hard time but being rewarded accordingly for my effort, not receiving little xp and sh**ty sword because i'm low level and the game just have to be sure that killing wolf won't be an easy thing for the next hours...

11. Ricardo

Ricardo Member Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti 4GB
    What's this? Cyberdrunk? I hope I can dial down / turn off all the chromatic aberration and motion blur, it is really annoying here. Also animations are quiet janky. Otherwise, pretty good art style and nice looking game.

Gameplay seems fine, kinda like GTA, which is not a bad thing in itself. But not revolutionary or anything like that, so I feel like this is being a bit overhyped? Am I missing something?

12. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I think the hype is mostly about the franchise and setting.
    The game looks cool, could be a great game or a mediocre one, we will see!

I do not think GTA is a gameplay style, is more like a generic open world with story and mission, like many, and it does not have to be revolutionary to be great.
    Great story, some quality in the software and well thought credibile and well developed characters is all i ask for.

13. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Yes

Solfaur likes this.
  14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Don´t understand the hype for the game. I saw the gameplay footage yesterday and there´s nothing remarkable or amazing about the game... The only thing that stood up were the graphics, everything else was just more of the same. Maybe the game is going to be really amazing but nothing so far seems to indicate that. I´m probably going to get it when it´s on a 50% sale.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the game.

15. Ricardo

Ricardo Member Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti 4GB
    I mean, yeah, I agree with you. It could be good or bad, but nothing that has been shown so far indicates either of these. Just a lot of good looking footage and been-there-done-that gameplay. So I really don't get why so much hype around it.

GTA is not a gameplay style for sure, and that's not what I meant there. I'm just saying the setting, gameplay and overall tone of Cyberpunk is very similar - outlaw/mercenary character does shady jobs at big city which can go either way: hero or villain. And the loop seems to be quiet similar as well: you can do melee, use guns, drive around (will there be free flying? that would be cool!), maybe augument your character in some fashion, change it's look, and that's about it. Pretty much GTA 5 on cyberpunk setting.

Also let me clarify that I'm not throwing a jab at GTA here - it's a damn fine game, especially 5, which I only started playing after getting it for free on EGS. Open world games, when done in a decent way, can be fun.

But I feel like this game will need a pretty good story and characters to actually be above average.

Okay.

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Try to hear the gameplay impressions from any game press you trust. The game has the width of GTA with the depth of linear story games. It sounds crazy to me. This even reflects on the graphics. They get Detroit level of effects on an open world, it's crazy. Also in gameplay, a lot of them compared it to an immersive sim like Deus Ex, or System Shock, rather than a traditional RPG. If it's an immersive sim of that size, with all this atmosphere, there is nothing like it out there.

17. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    That's because they're using a controller - I think a lot of gameplay videos do this specifically because it's smoother, I guess it feels more cinematic when youre just watching it as opposed to actually controlling it.

I feel like the comparisons to GTA are fair, but somewhat shallow.

I mean, the game as a whole looks like the best elements of GTA, Deus Ex and TES.
    And definitely most similar to DE in terms of mechanics.
    As with all things, if it can do all of these things to a good standard, it should be amazing.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Also it being an RPG, wobble and recoil change depending on your skills, stats and the stats of the weapons themselves.

TheSissyOfFremont likes this.
  19. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Yes - they've apparently gone with the style of levelling whereby you need to use a skill/piece of equipment to improve at it. Which I love.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Every character is created with full background story from childhood and up, CD Project Red also put a lot of effort into story and quests.
    You should check the Night City Wire episode that went up yesterday https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred