NVIDIA GeForce 451.48 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I just played for an hour it appears to be a little better maybe a frame or two during gameplay. I got same scores during benchmark, I started reading the thread and installed the Microsoft May update but pretty underwhelming on my 1070s in sli.

2. erho

erho Member

GPU:
    Pascal
    What's up with Windows & NVCP reporting DX 12_1 (instead of 12_2) and GPU-Z reporting mesh shader not supported?

Sorry if asked already, long thread...

3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thank you. I got your driver feedback and filed a bug.

alanm likes this.
  4. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Does Pascal (1080TI) benefit anything of this driver? I can't gamestream to my TV with Vulkan on RDR2, but switching to DX12 works fine allthough a less fps is lost but its stable. Before upgrading I want to know if anyone with a 1080TI card that can confirm that this driver along with 2004 update do any benefit?

5. Kevin Miles

Kevin Miles Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 ti Stix
    Here is one:

6. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    I ll try yur solution cos , it seems I ve the problem even with hags off and this new driver. sometime the game runs very slow and it s very weird.

edit : it seems it works very well !!!
    I play only two games but it seems CoD MW is perfectly smooth now with HAGS on.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    can also end "start" in task manager and it will auto restart and start menu should work after that.

it does for me

8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Hi, I have just installed these new drivers and wanted to change the language as I always did, but I cannot find the proper section where I could add the key in regedit anymore. Is there any way to do this?

edit: nevermind, now the section appeared.

9. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Not supported on Pascal I think.
    Sure, why not? Assuming you're on 2004 build you get official WDDM2.7 support, HAGS (disabled by default), updated Vulkan, bugfixes (maybe some new bugs as well) and potentially general performance improvements. Supposedly RDR2 in particular runs better on these drivers when using Vulkan.
    If anything you can always roll back to whatever driver version works best for you.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    now i know exactly what you're talking about, This isn't new to the drivers, the software renderer as implemented by chromium and mozilla do not have any vsync at all and are offered by legacy GDI.

These have always torn when not accelerated, all the way back to vista.

12_2 is not finalized and GPU-Z's query is broken, I sent a dm on reddit to W1zzard about it but got no response.

erho likes this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    or... just turn hags off

12. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    On me VSync and FPS Limiter at 73Hz ( 'Cause 75Hz monitor ) work flawlessly. Given, haven't had time to test many games. Only War Thunder and Dota 2.

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I'm noticing higher GPU utilization in Gears 5 than with previous driver sets, plus with HAGS enabled. Usually it would be at 99% but now I'm seeing 100% so initially that definitely looks like a positive change.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Heavy Rain, Detroit and that third one too I believe (EDIT: Beyond Two Souls.) does funny stuff with D3D11 so it may just need a exception if hardware GPU scheduling might be interfering with how the game is not entirely using the API properly.
    From what I can find the game keeps changing the render target after every draw call causing problems with performance, think the RE Engine from Capcom had some issue akin to that too so maybe that could be tested but it might be some other stuff.

Control and a few others also have API quirks but then several of these probably don't affect how GPU scheduling performs either although other than the odd Wiki article on how GPU scheduling somehow relates to memory management which sounds like a separate thing entirely I have no idea what exactly the OS is changing or what the GPU is taking over in this complicated little process of commands and calls between the GPU, CPU and from start to all the way to the final displayed frame so some problematic behaviors might very well break the entire thing because standards and how to not follow them or other problems and in other cases it might be entirely unaffected. :)

EDIT: Well the simplest is probably to get data from a ton of reports about hardware GPU scheduling across multiple games on and off and NVIDIA would then test and replicate these and if needed you'd get a little database of blacklisting because problematic behavior which gets added to over time and with later drivers as needed unless the issue can be worked around or it gets patched from the game developers side. :)

EDIT: ...Though that assumes this can actually be changed on runtime or through the drivers seeing how the setting does require a reboot and all that, otherwise the OS itself and through Microsoft and they would have to skip applying this mode to processes and the blacklisting is on them to implement.

Think the Halo games also had some issue but that might have been fixed so these things happen and patches for older games well those don't usually happen so fixing it through patches well probably less of a chance of that happening.

Unfortunate but not unexpected that some games or game engines might not behave as they should because they already deviate from expected API behavior or do other undocumented stuff and all kinds of other oddities I'm sure could be dug up here.
    (Plenty of profile stuff in the drivers already for things like this I'd imagine, just a guess though not like I would know but highly likely to be the case.)

15. erho

erho Member

GPU:
    Pascal
    This is on Turing, I should have mentioned.

16. Raiden85

Raiden85 Guest

GPU:
    2x 2080 Ti FE
    Same issue here with a 2080 Ti, driver is installed and working brilliantly, but DXDIAG and the Nvidia control panel report DX12 feature level 12_1 as the highest and GPUZ says mesh shaders are unsupported.

17. warrior-kid

warrior-kid Active Member

GPU:
    4090 RTX MSI Suprim
    Also DirectX 12_1 level on Titan RTX.

18. Raiden85

Raiden85 Guest

GPU:
    2x 2080 Ti FE
    Strangely GPU Z also reports WDDM as unsupported by the OS even though everything is running great, GPUZ shows everything enabled and ray tracing demos even work just fine, very strange.

19. Yosif Videlov

Yosif Videlov Active Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 4080 16GB
    Which GPU you have and what settings/resolution is this? I am using High settings with ultra textures on 2070 Super Vulkan API and scheduling On, GSync off and i have no improvement - still 65 fps on average in benchmark.

20. melamilk

melamilk Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SUPRIM X
    With HAGS enabled, I get random hangups which last for 1-3 seconds. They look a lot like gpu driver crashing and then restarting itself, but I can't find any logs of such with Event viewer. I've also had occassional game crashes.

So far I have only tested these on couple of different Quake games and they both run at several hundred, even thousand fps, which maybe has something to do with it?

The hangups occur a lot more often if I also enable message signaled interrupts for the GPU.

HAGS disabled I haven't ran into such problems.

This happens on Win10 2004 with i7 6850k and MSI Gaming X 1080ti, running Quake Live from Steam.

Oh, and I also have that weird delay in the animaton, when dragging certain windows around the desktop, for example CPU-Z.

edit:
    Doing a clean install of Win10 2004 fixed the hangus for me completely.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    HoWxCoRe likes this.