NVIDIA GeForce 451.48 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    TBH, I’d rather have an lightweight old but familiar looking menu than a memory hogging program like Experience.

Keeping both separate was a very smart decision from Nvidia IMO.

Ricardo, AsiJu, Herochild and 4 others like this.
  2. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC

Vulkan api HGS off

[​IMG]

Iggy, AsiJu, GSDragoon and 3 others like this.
  3. warrior-kid

warrior-kid Active Member

GPU:
    4090 RTX MSI Suprim
    Hi folks, Titan RTX here. Installed this driver and the Control Panel is showing version 432.00. Any ideas?

4. Viscerous

Viscerous Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 2080 SUPER
    Detroit: Become Human seems to freeze mostly within 5 minutes for me on these. I rolled back to 446.14 and it hasn't happened again. This was with HAGS enabled and it's worth noting that there is no driver crash in the event viewer when the game locks up. It's a bit annoying to test this game due to the long shader creation process so I hope maybe someone else can chip in if they see the same behaviour.

5. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    +1
    I hope Nvidia leaves bloated drivers to AMD.
    Frankly speaking, GFE is nice for the users who need its features, especially for newcomers to the PC ecosystem who don't know what each graphical setting means.
    Personally I have no use for it, I like tweaking my games to tailor the experience to my liking, sometimes I go as far as editing ini files to enable or tune settings not exposed by the games.

Drivers should always be as lightweight as possible and their development should be performance oriented, GFE has no place in that.
    If they want to unify them, they could make a GFE + NVCP version for GFE users, while keeping a NVCP only version available.
    It would silence those who keep on mocking the NVCP for it's looks, on my book performance and reduced memory footprint will always have priority over looks.

6. warrior-kid

warrior-kid Active Member

GPU:
    4090 RTX MSI Suprim
    Clean install has fixed it. The version is now 451.48.

7. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Maybe that was the initial plan but GFE has been dead for a long while so I doubt that's gonna happen any time soon.
    But still I would rather have a fast, modern panel instead of the current one. Although I hate how it looks but performance is what annoys me the most. NVCPL is probably the slowest piece of software installed on my machine. It has no right to be that slow when it looks like that.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Ohmer and TheSissyOfFremont like this.
  8. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT
    What the heck, GForce Experience checkbox is selected and greyed out on CUSTOM install of this driver, Why is this option forced upon me, nvidia ? I only want the driver, nothing else.

Edit: Nvm, figured it out.

9. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    You didn't select to install the driver AND gfe on the system check screen before the custom install, did you?

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Indeed, one of the reasons why I went for another Nvidia card instead of AMD.

The game setting part of GFE is not very useful for a beginner either, no idea how Nvidia tailors them, but they don't maintain a proper balance between everything Ultra and best quality for a given resolution while maintaining a steady framerate with specific GPU's.
    If they where smart they would go that way. as example: max possible IQ @4K with steady 60fps for different GPU's would leave newcomers happier with their new GPU purchase than a mixed bag with large fps and/or IQ drops.
    Maybe a redesign of the game optimization that weights in preference rather than what it has now would be a good idea, besides letting gamers contribute profiles that match specific requirements, guess that something could be setup on GitHub for the purpose, besides that most of us would share our game settings with the community if so.

NVCP could do with an overhaul for it's own menu scaling thou, having a scrollbar even when maximized because it doesn't maximize it's list of settings is annoying.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020

11. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I played the game for about 40 minutes, I went through the first Kara chapter from beginning to end.
    The game didn't crash and was very smooth, great performance overall.
    This is with a 2080 Ti + i7 7920X on Windows 2004, HAGS active.

12. peteli

peteli Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Nvidia Control panel is like 15~20 years old ffs.

13. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Anyone tried those with Windows 10 1909? It's better or maybe worse than with W10 2004?

14. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    @ManuelG
    I'm on the newest insider build (20152). Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling is not available with this driver.

Attached Files:

• GPU.png
      GPU.png
      File size:
      18.7 KB
      Views:
  15. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    you need a pascal or newer GPU to enable hardware scheduling.

Phroster and BetA like this.

16. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    norton said:
    Additionally, this driver supports Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling when used with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update.

Does HAGS supported on Maxwell?​
    No. Pascal and higher.

17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    lol. you ninja´d me :p

18. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    It doesn't mention this in the driver notes.
    Damn I feel stupid now.
    Going to upgrade to an Ampere later this year.

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    @ManuelG

As soon as Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling is enabled and the needed system restart has been done, NZXT Cam fails to get the GPU load with this driver as well.

20. ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Ti FE SLI
    Has anyone tried RDR 2 with MGPU with these drivers? With these and 451.22 I get black screen while loading. Game works fine with SLI disabled in NVCP but with it enabled, it doesn't start!