Afterburner - OSD "skin"

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by MADFLOR, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Bumping the threads in “I need it, so DO IT NOW” form is a direct reason why many people simply stop contributing to community at all. If you need something that badly, lean how to do it yourself.

Andy_K, gedo, orangewoolcry and 5 others like this.
  2. orangewoolcry

orangewoolcry Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    well its been a while so i thought before my request gets forgotten id bump it a bit , no ill intentions meant and definitely not intending to make people stop contributing , much to the opposite actually , and yes i need it that badly , learn it myself? lols , trust, ive nearly got a breakdown doing the simplest stuff with even the osd plugin , i cant do crap , so hence why i gotta rely on people that can and hope they will do me the favor

3. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  4. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB

5. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    orangewoolcry and Unwinder like this.
  6. mwahrc

mwahrc New Member

GPU:
    1050ti asus
  7. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Link fixed.

8. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    one little issue i think thats still apparent seems to be the grey diagonal lines inside the icons , can this be fixed? its very noticeable on white backgrounds , shouldnt they be transparent? would be neat

btw....

HOLY crap!!! this is gona be epic , cant wait to try this out , if this is what i think it is , im gona be eternally grateful to you , ive seriously have been waiting for an update from you , its just too good a skin matter of fact without it i dont even dare use RTSS anymore , THANK YOU!!!!

p.s ill be adding some more feedback once ive been tinkerin abit with it , but crap looks rad as frack! you da man MADFLOR, mad skillz for real , i mean it!

9. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    ok after a first few tests , layout seems to have an issue over here check out how it looks , when i load

01 preset>

https://www90.zippyshare.com/v/NVaWAj2k/file.html

ive already set the rainbow font size 20

am using latest rtss beta 4 version

10. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Layouts > Edit > Master settings > OK.

Understand how the program works before spamming the forum.

orangewoolcry and Dan Longman like this.

11. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    spam? thats anything but my intentions , more like a call for help, i wish i wasnt such a user noob but i am , nothing i can do about that , so im gonna need some help here , did above mentioned Layouts > Edit > Master settings > OK., now i get this as a result >

https://www33.zippyshare.com/v/cNQKt5v2/file.html

all i want is the layout to work , not sure what im doing wrong here , just wanna be able to add additional infos under the gpu infolist such as>

Driverversion , Gpu model , Pcie lane speed.

and as said the Watercooled GPU icon animated to replace the fanblade version and for it to work proper of course , its not like youve released a youtube video like in the past that explained it very nicely what to do , which helped alot , again as said please notice i am quite a noob in these regards, sorry

12. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    RTSS skin - Rainbow_v5.rar: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15MaZ5dCh8hGSLjxsk5mhIgbSW0t_pzTV/view?usp=sharing

Added more presets:
    Add new layer > add text table > select a preset from the list.
    - For correct display of vertical graphs, you need to set the color for the layer.
    - Sources for 6+ cores add and edit according to the existing ones
    - Keep track of the amount of hypertext.

[​IMG]

Added 200% resolution:
    [​IMG]

Added global color change:
    Two layers for one color.
    [​IMG]

For change aircool GPU icon to watercool, need change embedded image.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  13. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    nice ...V. 5, now only request and more of me begging you on this one is , please make another youtube tutorial video on how to make according changes ive requested , since , need change embedded image isnt doing anything for me , please understand a regular user such as myself has no idea about the intricacies of the osd plugins workings such as you do , i can barely wrap my head around it all, thanks for understanding and sorry for being a pain in the ass as usual

heres a screenshot with 200%>

https://www112.zippyshare.com/v/QFokw8T0/file.html

as said as well need to readd following infos back in>
    pcielane speed for gpu
    driver version for gpu
    gpu model

and additionally if possible>
    display resolution currently used

and the transparency inside the icons having grey colored diagonal lines that are very visible on bright backgrounds , make them actual transparent please , would fix said issue

p.s concerning the youtube tutorial video , mind you i recon this would help other new users to pick up your skin easier and thus more widespread use not just the enthusiasts , which is a win win in my eyes since it deserves alot more recognition

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  14. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Stop it. Literally every. single. post. you make in this forum is you begging for something.

Great work @MADFLOR Really awesome skin, and super customizable.

vLaDv, Andy_K, Unwinder and 3 others like this.
  15. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    yes it is me requesting either help or certain features , this is what you do in order to make an app , mod , game , etc. better, thats how reality works, sorry , btw wouldnt i have done any requests or given feedback the skin wouldntve been reiterated on as much as it has been , so keep that in mind , this is my way of giving back to the community in my own way as much as possible , this isnt just for me , just so this is clear others might want said features or help as well, so no need to be rude there my dude and no i wont stop with feedback , thats what a thread is for , releases , feedback and improvement requests , can i be abit annoying about em ..sure , thats just the nature of the beast , anyhow, stay healthy out there yall

but im happy to see we share the same sentiments about the quality of MADFLORs work it is indeed epic sauce

p.s. @MADFLOR still would appreciate said feature request and help from you my dude , youd be doing me one hell of a favor to get it all setup over here , you've really started something special with that OSD skin of yours , thank you

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020

16. Emil

Emil Member

GPU:
    ZotacGTX 1080 AMP Extreme
    Is it possible to set different OSD skins for different games? Eg. Skin 1 for game A and skin 2 for game B. For example by setting different profiles in RTSS or something like that.

17. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    You can switch skin layouts using hotkeys "HotkeHandler.dll"

Emil likes this.
  18. Emil

Emil Member

GPU:
    ZotacGTX 1080 AMP Extreme
    What I want to do with different profiles is to partly allow myself to display the OSD on a second monitor but at the moment there is no such an option.
    My idea is as follows:
    a) Run the game on the monitor in landscape mode + profile 1 displaying only frametime graph and FPS to get a clear view of the game,
    b) Run some 3D application on the vertical monitor e.g. iCUE as a platform for OSD + profile 2 cpu, gpu temp etc.
    [​IMG]
    It would be best to display all statistics on a vertical monitor but I found out that frametime is directly linked to the game window and cannot be separated.
    The original topic with support for multiple monitors for the OSD: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/multi-monitor-support-for-osd.432963/

19. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Framerate and frametime are not system global things. Framerate and frametime are specific to each 3D application running in the system. You may have multiple 3D application running at the same time and each of them will display its own framerate counter and frametime history graph in OSD. So that's by design.
    But i can add a profile setting, allowing aany 3D application to display framerate and frametime of some other (e.g. foreground) 3D process. So this will cover your specific needs, you'll create a profile for your iCUE "platform" application and put that switch there, so it will start displaying foreground 3D process framerates and frametimes instead of its own ones. Also I think I'll add new open source tool to RTSS SDK - simple blank brderless 3D window with adjustable background color, alpha and chroma keying support. So it will be more convenient to use it as a platform or host application for desktop OSD.

Emil likes this.
  20. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Just want to chime in that I would find this functionality if added very useful!