Nvidia Geforce 451.22 Driver [Clean Edition]

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DpaKc, Jun 6, 2020.

1. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    I tested this driver, and it was giving me a huge performance drop, when reverted to 451.22 full everything was ok, so i think it's useless driver, also, i prefer tu cut driver by my self, with nvslimmer it's a way better.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

its the same driver. it can't have performance drops that a full install has. :rolleyes:

eGGroLLiO and endbase like this.
  3. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Nope, it's not the same one, many features are cut in the "clean edition", and me too i was pretty sure it would be better in performance cause it's a light driver with less useless features, but i noticed the opposite effect when installed wich is weird, and after installing the full one again everything back to normal, i always use nvslimmer, and it's a way better than this crap.

4. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Can you eleborate on your experience with this driver and give information on the setup you used instead of bashing some body else's work

5. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    You can try it by yourself, i was just reporting my own experience with this "clean edition" on W10 (2004), and as reported before, when reverted to full 451.22 driver everything back to normal, performance were good again, it has nothing to do with my setup, i changed nothing, everything by default in both drivers.

6. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I have tried this driver and don't have the same experience it work's well on my side

7. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Ok, happy for you, for me i prefer using Nvslimmer wich is a great tool by the way and do it by my self,i never had such a bad experience with it like this " clean edition".

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Suppose if you cut Ansel out or GeForce Experience some titles that do have issues with overlay software or various injection hooks or software that conflict with other software due to problematic or less compatible API hooks could see some problematic behavior though for the rest these extras are various services and stuff of that nature far as I know but I suppose short of trying them one by one having some "core" driver install with minimal extras isn't a bad way to go about it either. :)

EDIT: Going by some discussions around DXVK it looks like hooking Vulkan via the layer method can be more prone to acting up with OBS as a example of a problematic software so maybe that's part of it too.

Suppose D3D12 could be more error prone too plus games that utilize D3D11 in ways that maybe they shouldn't.
    RE Engine had a few issues here...plus a whole lot more but I wouldn't be able to say how severe some of these actually are other than possible framerate or stability issues depending on a whole lot of different factors as usual.

EDIT: In fact going just by DXVK reports it's surprising that some of these reported titles somehow even work at all from some of the reported issues and what that then gets diagnosed down to and a whole lot of problematic development practices or compatibility problems with other software or how that might expose other bugs or problems.

Well I guess the listed known issues and listed fixed issues for various games in the driver release notes for when these are provided as part of regular driver releases also gives some insight but less detailed.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  9. Tyson

Tyson Guest

GPU:
    That was fast I just joined and now I have 451.xx drivers. Yay! So wait is this sorta WHQL and no changes will be made from now to time of release ? If so might as well grab it if not then not worth the risk.

10. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Master Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    just wondering if i can use this driver on an older w10 version + gtx1080?
    haven't finished my new system yet but still wanted to try the new drivers anyways.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Tomorrows driver (assuming its tomorrow and not the 30th), has a number of issues fixed, a new hd audio driver, a newer physx package, etc

12. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I see my insider build just installed 451.25