Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well openings have commenced in the last two weeks, with no masks in cars, stores etc. anymore. What's still up is masks in public transport (which I use, train to go to work), drug stores and at the doctor's, or if you are obviously ill, and the minimum distance of 1 meter between people.
    Meanwhile, week to week on Thursday, we had ~50 infections more again (389 - 434). So... let's ride that second wave. Keeping a close watch on how those numbers evolve...
    I'm still wearing my masks for safety, so is my grandma as we went and bought a new dishwasher, my mum still wears gloves whenever in a shop.

XP-200 likes this.
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    1) I didn't pull the number argument at all. I put his argument about "plethora of scientists and doctors" into perspective.

2) You're equating titans of science, who at times have been so ahead of everyone that their theories have not always been universally accepted, with paranoid delusions backed by nothing.
    There is nothing earth shaking revolutionary in thinking that NWO and WHO is out to get you and prevent you from taking your dog out.
    You're not ahead of the curve for thinking there is a world-wide scientific conspiracy to take Trump and the bustling USA economy down.
    The idea that "scientist groups cannot be trusted" is just that - an idea and an asshole opinion. There is nothing about it that's hard to understand or that needs further research.
    The fact that you would equate THAT - easily understood by everyone with IQ higher than hamster - with historic physics papers, in Einstein's case requiring math that had not been available at the time - is truly laughable.

Aren't you one of those Vitamin guys? Why don't you follow your own advice when it comes to unlimited funding sprayed by supplements industry on anyone willing to prove the benefits of their latest magical potion, Vitamin D.
    Where is the above skepticism when it comes to something as simple as "hey lets sell some moar stuff to poor idiots", as opposed to COVID-19 "hmm... how about we lose trillions so we can lock people in their houses, and then we get billions for research MUAHAHAHA"

3. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I'm gob smacked reading through this shite especially the people posting youtube videos as back up. Frigging hilarious.

4. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    We're in record setting territory, boyz.

Attached Files:

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yes because we all know youtube is only for kitten and fail videos.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Why? If the youtube video has a credible source listed where their information came from, I wouldn't have an issue with it.

But also, some of us are getting a little to close to that realm of political talk, just a heads up.

8. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    How many do 1 out of 20? The rest just quoting some obscure source that they dug to find something aligned with their views.

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Isn't that the point in explaining your argument? Using a source that aligns with your view or what you're trying to prove?

Hypernaut likes this.
  10. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    I just received my copy of Dylan's new album Rough and Rowdy Ways. From the track Murder Most Foul: "Take Me Back to Tulsa to the scene of the crime".

Maybe I can keep this personal without getting into politics. My father was a child of the nineteenth century and my parents died when I was young. My aunt -- the one who lived in Tulsa -- explained that in order to do business in Oklahoma in the 1920's one had to be a member of the klan. My father was a klansman. She thought this was excusable under the circumstances of times, even though hundreds of Tulsa blacks were murdered.

But her husband was a klan wizard and she divorced him. She did not hold with the goals of the klan. Virus and current events not withstanding.

Noisiv likes this.

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Sure if it's credible not like most of the videos I see on here like the tin foil hat guys push. In any case it boils down to I just don't think Youtube is the place to get your information.

12. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    greta.gif

14. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Unbelievably sad situation we're in with all science, not just medical. There are posts of mine all over this topic (I'm a radiologist in Romania) where I was in disbelief at the mask "recommendations". There's not one soul where I work which would say masks don't work. All medical personnel is equally puzzled at these supposedly elite medical authorities doing such a disservice to our profession.
    If one asks, "yeah but what about the mask stocks".
    You've had since January to prepare. That's first.
    Second, if corporations refuse to make masks during the pandemic, temporarily nationalize them, like Spain did with its private medical system. Use the taxes we pay to buy the needed machines and training, it takes a week, I actually looked into it.
    Each and every medic that lied about masks should be stripped of their license and made an example.
    However, refusal to wear masks in closed spaces should be also be dealt with just as harshly.

anticupidon, Alessio1989 and Mufflore like this.
  15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Give it up man. I've been saying it since all this crap started and being ridiculed like an accused witch in the 1600's. The world got played by China,and the elites who want to control the population, and every other aspect of life. If you're still grasping for scientific, medical, and masks I don't know what to tell ya.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Hypernaut likes this.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    We simply ran out of masks about immediately and since all the production was moved out of Finland years a go. Ramping up took a bit of time. They did tell that even medical professionals were running outta masks here tho.

But even then we haven't had it that bad. Distancing has worked and keeping groups to minimum. Normal things anyway we kind of socially distance normally too.

17. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You do not have bottom page references on a video. Science need references and source you can directly consult and verify. We are speaking about science here, not about an average bob cheesy macaroni horrible receipt. And no, most of newspapers and news website do not provide them too.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'll post it again I guess. Plenty of facts and sources for you to digest, so if you come up hungry don't blame me.

Hypernaut and RzrTrek like this.
  19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    That video has way too much conspiracy theory things going on. Now I don't doubt the us medical care system being as ****** as it is, well according to the video it is. But so many other things blergh.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  20. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Almost got suckered in to this thread again. Hard pass on the politics and country bashing.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    fantaskarsef and jbscotchman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.