AMD Ryzen ZEN3 architecture not delayed, still to be released in 2020

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 17, 2020.

1. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    That is almost certain.
    3000 series already beat Intel soundly in anything except games and single threaded Photoshop.

The question is - by how much? 2-3% is meaningless, but if they beat them by 10% or more....

moo100times likes this.
  2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well if you gonna try to prove someone wrong, at least make a video where you can sustain at least 4600Mhz not 4450Mhz while PC gaming.

Example: I was playing with the RTSS overlay editor and recorded some PC gameplay on my 3800X.
    Shows all cores hitting the 4600Mhz mark with PBO On. Now cores will not be sustained because the way Ryzen CPU's work and they do not need to sustain those clocks while PC gaming for max performance.

Now I do not think I will be buying any XT model now,it was really disappointing with the numbers revealed on the XT models, but will be buying Zen 3 for sure.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Agonist likes this.
  3. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
    Waiting until Zen 4 only makes sense if you're on something particularly recent. DDR5 in the consumer market is planned for 2022, and as such is when Zen 4 should be expected. I'd imagine 2021 will be filled with the complete Ryzen 4000 lineup, and APUs. Perhaps another refresh.

4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I have him blocked. Cant not stand him. So no Idea what the idiot is saying. But I can imagine him dribbling on about how some 100mhz isnt worth it think every person is a moron and gonna upgrade their 3800x for a 3800xt.

Anyone on say a 1800x/2700x the 3800xt would be an upgrade.

And honestly I am thinking about getting one.

5. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    These are more for 1st ant 2nd gen Ryzen users. They can recycle there present Mobo.

schmidtbag likes this.
  6. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    For some reason i remember them cheaper

7. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I will be considering upgrading my 1800x to the 3800xt. However I plan to wait for Zen3 to weigh my options of direct CPU replacement or getting a motherboard plus CPU.

Embra likes this.
  8. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    ^^ Doing the same, though I am looking at the 3900x.

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Not to keep your hopes up, but some brands might attempt to implement compatibility with Zen3 on older boards. I have doubts mine will, but it is worth considering.

For me personally, if Zen3's IPC is less than 10% better, I'll probably go for a 3700 (I shouldn't go any higher due to my mobo's 4-pin CPU power connector). If the IPC is more than 10% better and my mobo won't be compatible with it, I'm just going to wait for AM5 or whatever the next-gen socket will be.

10. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Yeah this is basically my thought process and my hope on x370(I do have the highest end gigabyte x370 board so maybe but not holding my breath). However I will not wait for AM5 as I have 4 DIMM's(32GB) of very good quality single rank Samsung B die that I would like to use a bit longer. I don't "need" to upgrade but a large percentage of performance can be gained from gen 1 Ryzen without having to change memory or possibly the motherboard so I will take advantage of it one way or another.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm actually considering upgrading my son's system to that same pair..... Pretty sad that it's possible to get a 10400 + mobo for less than the cost of a decent x570 motherboard.....

Whether the purchase makes sense to you or not, it's HIS money and he can buy whatever he wants. Given the current prices of AMD motherboards, it's actually cheaper to go Intel....thus, makes more sense. Example; I can upgrade my son's PC from an i5 6600K with MSI Z170A Gaming Pro to an i5 10400 with MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus for ~$373....or I can use an MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus and R5 3600 and spend ~$468.... Which makes more sense? I'd rather go Intel and save $95....

There is actually no where in any of his posts that he's trying to impose his decisions on anyone. Maybe try a little reading comprehension?

I've read all of your posts up to this point.... I fail to see what he's whining about. Keep in mind, I'm posting this from a full AMD build.....with another full AMD build in another room and parts for yet a 3rd full AMD build also in the other room.....and half way to a 4th full AMD build sitting on the shelf behind me.... I only own 4 Intel systems, 3 being laptops, at this point..... I'll do a full Intel build when they finally release a worthwhile dedicated GPU.

It's my firm belief that he's failing to comprehend what you're actually saying.....or, I'm missing the subliminal message that's embedded in your posts....

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Really dont understand this comment and others like it.

You can ger a 10400 + "motherboard" for less then a "decent" z490 board costs too, so why compare it randomly to a x570?

Your comment makes it sound like there is some super high cost associated with the AMD platform while convienently forgetting x570 isn't the only board out there, just like the z490 isn't the only board on intels 10th gen processor.

Even the guy you are quoting is talking about a $200 motherboard, which comes to near $400, and there are plenty of good x570 motherboarda for under $400, heck, there are a couple x570 motherboars for under the $200 that the z490 he listed cost.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    At the present time, AMD motherboard prices are heavily inflated beyond where they should be. I've run across several boards that are now priced 3x what they were a few months ago.....

I've been pricing upgrades for my son's computer, since it's my old i5 6600K system.... Even gave the prices in that same post. I didn't make any random comparisons. I even listed the exact motherboards, based on current availability, that are potential options. You guys act like price and availability hasn't changed, which is far from being the truth.

Since he uses the system for nothing but web browsing and gaming, the R5 3600 has little real advantage, but would cost me $95 more due to inflated motherboard pricing. I could save that $95 and go with Intel and an i5 10400 or save $55 and go with an i5 10500.... The alternative would be an R3 3300X which, depending on the seller, is going for $130 - $200 with an MSI MPG B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi, which is $220.

There's also the limited availability of AMD boards. If you can't get the board, the price doesn't matter.... Pricing for AMD motherboards has gone up drastically, while availability is almost non-existent.... If someone is looking to build a system NOW, all that matters is price/availability NOW.....not a month or more away.

14. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    @sykozis If your son is browsing and gaming with a 360, A x470 and even 450 board with work nicely.

Why would he need a x570?

Fox2232 and Aura89 like this.
  15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    An MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max Wifi is still $250.... Or am I supposed to buy another board that lacks features and is overpriced, or is unavailable?

16. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Do you want to keep labels out of this?

Did you see his very first post, and how is it in any relation to this topic at all? For a topic that has nothing at all, what-so-ever, to do with intel and then to delve into intel vs AMD based on his one comment, is absolutely a problem.

So, do you agree with his first comment? Are you condoning his behaviour? If you are, you might be a part of this problem. Just because you have spent your entire life on one forum doesn't give your personal belief a reason to be above others. I hope this is succinct.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    ASUS and ASRock have cheaper B550 boards with wifi:
    ASUS PRIME B550M-A (WI-FI)
    ASROCK B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac
    ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS (WI-FI)

And considering that some years have passed, I expect that those boards will have better memory OC capability than boards from B450 times.
    I do not think he meant it negatively against you. And you are right. @jwb1 started with ad hominem against other member for mere difference in opinion about XT vs X Ryzen value being similar to Super vs non-Super RTX.
    In same post he did turn it into intel vs AMD too. (But that's edited out now and exists only partly in quote of his post.)

jwb1 later uses that he is entitled to voice his opinion as defense. Yet, if others should face his personal vengeance for voicing different opinion, he should be able to take what comes as consequence of his own postings too.
    = = = =
    Word of advice to anyone: If you feel pressured by someone's post or behavior, there is report button. While it can be voiced here, it can get pretty personal and derail threads to even worse directions.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    craycray likes this.