Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    You're worried it'll get correctly labelled for what it is? Seems like a legit reason for not bothering to do something you thought was a great idea.... or is it that having a topic that is only filled with people who believe the same non sense and offer no counter points or descenting opinions really renders posting in it worthless? Especially given the nature of the content that is going to be posted.

May I suggest you start with this

It's been nearly a week so I am sure it'll be a riveting all revealing read.

Covid 19 just has a seriously weird and wacky number of different affects on people. I am assuming that it's not down purely to the virus but rather a lot of it is to do with how peoples immune systems deal with it?

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Forgive my tardiness, but all of this has taken a toll on me in the last few months. It's hard to see so much you love burn.. But believe me, I am hearing everyone's thoughts and opinions. In the end I may just let my favorite internet cat speak for me.

3. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Know this their projections were way short of the 8 million deaths in the UK. The common flu has killed 10 times as many people in a similar time frame. Political power grab. nuff said after all those small businesses went under and the vacuum that followed, soon to be filled by those benefitting from this so-called crisis.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    another day and another one born

XP-200 likes this.

5. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    The last time a population was subjected to this level of fear was in 1930's Germany. Yeah, how many would you have hunted?

6. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    LOL, sorry who was saying 8 million deaths? That's 12% of the population from a virus that we know has a mortality rate of below 1% and that's BEFORE measures were taken to help reduce the spread. This is the reason why I pushed certain members to go and start their own dedicated thread so nonsense posting like this could be kept at arms length.

Mufflore, rm082e and XP-200 like this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so from your stand point the public should never been notified that there pandeic at all. and left to go about the business and let thing go unchecked? this kind stupidity I talking about when I say people stupid

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Bit of a different pandemic and also one with various rumored origins far as I know but I do wonder if the one from the let's see it's the 1970's I think could have been handled different and a lot of problems over the years avoided if things would or could have been dealt with better. HIV although Corona is at least not as malicious in targeting the very immune system and T cells I believe those were called making it incredibly tough to deal with and the body itself becomes weakened against all sorts of things as the immunity system is affected.

Then there was that Spanish Flu one from the late 1910's I think. There's better medical treatments available now though and a greater understanding on these things along with other improvements.

Well it can be theorized forever how some of these prior ones could have been handled, should definitively have been handled better here but it feels like everybody was so sure it wouldn't be a big issue or the preparations were good and then it kinda really took a turn for the worse around February - March and here we are but hopefully it won't be around for a second year and we find something that's effective in treating it because going by how things are here the whole idea around not letting it spread and keeping isolated has pretty much failed now as people ignore recommendations or believe a slight decrease means it's over which as the increase in number of positive test cases showed things are getting kinda bad as a result compared to the earlier months.

EDIT: Should read up more on how the rest of the world is handling it and the current situation too, looks like things are picking up again in parts of Asia going by local news at least so we're probably looking at the same world-wide with some periods of downtime and people assuming it's safe and then it starts up again if it gets a chance to keep spreading.

Could be bad and could last for a while before it really dwindles down, hard to say short of speculating on what's next.

EDIT: Globalization and ease of travel and all that too so once something like this starts spreading and it becomes classed as a new virus and potential pandemic it might already have started spreading from wherever it originated from so stopping it early seems very optimistic nice as it would have been if it could have been prevented from reaching a full outbreak.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  9. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    I never said that. The pandemic, however, hasn't been as deadly as the projections suggested. People have been capitulating to this media fear campaign. If you do any kind of research you will uncover a plethora of scientists and doctors that are speaking out about it being exaggerated. They are largely ignored because the governments want this track and trace control grid to go live and they need you to consent to it through fear, what other way will you give up your privacy?. I think by now we can see that it is nowhere near as deadly as suggested. Here is link to the UK government website, this will put you at rest.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid#status-of-covid-19

Status of COVID-19
    As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

10. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    you are one arrogant keyboard warrior aren't you?

11. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti

You mean the unreferenced and utterly ludicrous value of 12% of the population dying that you stated in your last post?

Are you also deliberately ignoring that many of these 'predictions' were done with the view of no counter measures being put in place? Here's a shocking factor measures were put in place and it changed the values, cause and effect I know it's surprising isn't it?

and then topped off with double hitter of I know the truth and you folk don't combined with yet another conspiracy theory suggesting that the government is doing what it is doing so it can control it's people, again Occam's Razor suggests that if the government wanted to track and trace what it's people were doing there are far far simpler ways of doing it and they would have done a far far better job of it.

12. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Boris claimed 8 million could die and that all of us will lose family members. He said it in a press conference about the same time that the government de-classified Sars-Cov 2 as not a high consequence infectious disease. You ignored that part. Agenda much? How much you earning from shilling?

13. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    So because someone was uninformed at some point in the past when speaking about this issue that must mean...what, exactly?

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    please as opposite to people that want to say this all BS and just used for PR gain or some othere stupid reason? people are scared for reason and should be

Politics and people agenda have nothing to with virus/pandemic going around the world, it dont care about any of that only people are stupid one that are using it for there purpose or and picking and choice to believe just cause they dont want to believe or accept it. and then when it happen to them they play we didnt know game.

whether who you are citing was wrong or not 8.4m infect 450k deadworld wide is no small number people are not numbers and the number is just rising and getting worse,

italy is small country and with few other small countries with 200k which no small number for such small area. and on other end spectrum USA which probably the biggest area has 2.2mill which again is no small number. people should be informed what is happen. it news that choose to speed the news in to drama.

example[le* trump is ill informant and sometime spout some truly stupid thing boggle the mind of his own advisor, but people dont take his word pure truth or fact, eveyrone talks everyone word as face value we would all be screwed.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    What you really mean by "plethora of scientists" is an odd duck here and there?

And by research you literally mean watching Youtube?

PS
    Latest theory from the asylum: COVID-19 lockdown is a LIVE DRILL. It's a testing vehicle for NWO sponsored coup.

This is from a relatively well known US based whistleblower. She was let go, prosecuted and turned into national pariah. Which all seems to have fostered paranoid thoughts.
    Now she goes raving on Youtube and making videos with 25 views.

angelgraves13 likes this.

16. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Soooo...how many of y'all are headed for Tulsa this weekend?

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well Scotland are now on phase two of easing lockdown so hopefully this thing continues to drop to under no deaths and stays there at some point soon.

18. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Agenda much? You have given false information and mis quoted what he said to try and shape it to your narrative.

30 seconds on Youtube will show you exactly what he said.

In the speech you are misquoting he specifically said 'that more families are going to lose loved ones', not all of us WILL lose family members and made no mention at any point of 8 million deaths, he said 10,000 people are suspected to have the virus in the UK. So if anything he massively underrepresented the true numbers.

I also note you chose to ignore me questioning the silliness of a government going to such; stupid, lengthy and inefficient measures to enact a fractional level of control on it's people.

What's happening in Tulsa?

We are getting there, slowly but surely and we do keep having the odd day here and there were their are no deaths recorded, the only problem is it keeps happening over the weekends were it is generally acknowledged their is a delay in the figures being reported.

XP-200 and Mufflore like this.
  19. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    We can't discuss Tulsa without getting into politics. Although I once owned my late aunt's house in Tulsa.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    those funny odd ducks that are almost always vindicated in time.

Like Albert Einstein.
    Svante Arrhenius
    Hans Alfven
    and so on.

Be careful when using mob-rule as your basis for argument, the collective scientist groups cannot be trusted either through lack of a wide enough imagination or because the information threatens their funding and subsequent fullness of their wallet.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.