AMD Ryzen ZEN3 architecture not delayed, still to be released in 2020

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Drat you HH. We were having a good time bickering about this!

Yogi, fantaskarsef and jbscotchman like this.
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  4. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Making the XT CPUs even more superfluous

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Weird problems you have there. (Intel sells binned CPUs too.)

Silva likes this.
  6. Huggi

Huggi Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX Vega 64
    For those of us who are still stuck on older 300/400-boards, the 3000XT CPUs might be the only thing we can upgrade to...

Silva and 0blivious like this.
  7. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    *weNeedAnEmojiForThumbsUp*

But in any case, the fact itself that we're just a few months away from Zen 3 makes the XT release even more pointless than it already was.
    Yay 100Mhz (2-3% !) Let me get my wallet out ... NOT

What I will get my wallet out for is a B550 board, seems to be some of them are quite good !! (Even beating on occasion X570 ones in features, for a lower price !)
    300 yes, XT will probably be the limit (if they even get a bios supporting the XT), but 400 has a good chance it will support Zen 3, after AMD caved in to the pressure and said "we will allow it on certain boards" (probably those that already have 32MB bios, like MSI Max series)

olymind1 likes this.
  8. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    You can upgrade to the non-XT products which will be cheaper and come with a stock cooler if you need it. The 100mhz difference is not worth it.

Yeah, they do. Did I say they didn't? But at least with say the 8086k you got +300mhz and Intel only made a limited amount of them. And basically everyone says don't buy these things, just get the discounted ones before them. Funny how when its AMD though, people think its great.

The XT line is a total joke.

9. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Nice! New build still on track... time to say goodbye to my good old friend 5820k.

jura11, craycray and Hypernaut like this.
  10. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    XT make sense just like nvidia super do, as long as they replace an older product and that the manufacturer doesnt haven 1 million "old" parts to get rid of, it's win-win for the consumer you can get a version "2.0" of the same product, that probably has more hidden changes than what the manufacturer tells you ;)
    A real life example, when I ordred my car it took x months for it to be built, 1 month later they announced a "final version" of it that cost a little more but was in theory better (had a mechanical front differential) I pushed for my order to be changed and got the "better" version (not by much) as a customer I was happy to be able to have that choice.
    Turns out the original version had a major defect (wrong headgasket O_O) my later released but more expensive "2.0" version already had the correct one.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Silva likes this.

11. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Comparing the XT line to the Super series is quite... ridiculous. The Super line actually did have a sizeable noticeable difference and basically allowed RTX to a new price bracket. What are you smoking?

The XT line is more money, for 100mhz, and no stock cooler, when everyone said how great AMD was for having the Wraith coolers, which were actually decent stock coolers. If you must buy something now from AMD, don't buy an XT, buy a discounted non-XT or wait for Zen 3.

Buying a XT for 100mhz for like 1 or 2 percent difference is just as dumb as when AMD fanboy's say don't buy Intel for a couple FPS difference in games.

The hypocrisy here is amazing.

olymind1 and Hypernaut like this.
  12. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    re-read my updated version ;)
    you only take into account a few numbers and specs, the reality is there's a lot of things that customers don't know and don't have to know, aren't allowed to know
    sometimes for motherboards or monitors new revisions means downgrade of components quality to make more profit once good reviews are out
    in AMD cpus case you can expect hidden manufacturing or "agesa" improvements from what you think is "the same cpu with only +100Mhz" (I don't see how you can make a cpu die worse it has to be higher quality to pass stricter tests and the manufacturing process always improve with time, there's no shortcut possible in semi-conductor or your yields drop)

edit : what asturur writes below is what I meant, I'm not saying right now it's a good choice, I meant down the line I guess the regular ones will disappear and only the XT will remain, if it doesn't happen then my comment on them being different in way we don't know of still applies

13. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Guys is NOT more money. The market knows that 100Mhz are not relevant and those CPUS will get the same price of the current ones, as soon as the old one are out of stock. This is what i think.

Also i think that AMD also confirmed that we will get bioses to run 4000 over series 400 boards.
    So everything is still on the table.

HandR likes this.
  14. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    Hypocrisy you say i say velocity effect 5.3 is hypocrisy also is not about 100 more mhz but how many cores have it this is my 3800x and make a big difference in performance now imagine the xt model up to 4.7 and why not 4.8 Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (21).png

craycray likes this.
  15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I can't believe I'm saying this but... I agree with almost everything @jwb1 is saying here.

16. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    Zen 3 on track! XT less important, but as pointed out above may simply be to refresh pre-existing line.
    I do wonder what the all core boost will be - if 3900xt could do 12 core @4.7ghz out the box, would be great but feels unlikely.

17. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Did you manually move a thread to all of the cores just to take that stupid screenshot ?
    No Zen cpu in existence can sustain 4.6 Ghz on all cores simultaneously on Air/Water (only sub-zero LN2).

Troll much?

18. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Last weekend, I decided to get a 3800x over a 3700x mainly because I don't really plan to overclock but I don't mind an additional default bump. The XT models will sell just fine. If they had been in stock and reviewed in the wild, I'd probably have bought an even faster XT. When Zen 3 arrives, getting one of those and handing this down.

19. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    You good? need anything? Wink twice if you are in trouble lol

sykozis, DownwithEA and schmidtbag like this.
  20. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    A 3900xt can not really be pointless, it is a bit more performance for a higher price.
    It would be a test done by AMD to find out if people will pay extra for the extra performance, if nobody buys it, it would still be a result they can use.
    The CPUes are "too good" to sell as a 3900x, so why not make a new CPU and sell that for a bit more money, worst case is nobody buys them and the xt would just be rebranded back to x and sold as normal with no loss.
    I have nothing to complain about, i hope the xt model pushes the x down in price and i hope the 4000 series pushes both of them down in price, because my board is not going to be 4000 series compatible anyway.
    For me all these chips have a purpose even though i am not directly interested in them.