Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Best CPU from the last 15 years IMO. Great bang for buck, only replaced mine about 12 months ago and my wife still has one going strong in her PC (in fact when I upgraded to Ryzen I sent my 8350 to a friend in the UK and it's now going strong in his PC), it was only let down by poor multi thread optimisation which made it start showing its age.

2. Oh yeah don't get me wrong - I owned one too! I loved mine to death man - I was just shocked when you threw it at this game cause I remember how annoyed I was when my overclocked 6850K complained because of it... man - software just doesn't take advantage of stuff like it should sometimes

EDIT: Wasn't it so cool how long those older sockets lasted too the lifecycle how we were able to just push them ? What was it like AM2. then AM2+ AM3 AM3+ or something and AM3 some could run AM3+ or AM3+ could run AM3s? something of that sort... AMD still is doing similar things. I just remember loving how around the time of Phenom 2 X6 things were really doing well... for budget building... hell they really are now - if we thought they were then we really are shocked now I guess. Talk about perspective

Shataan, Turanis and jbscotchman like this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Hehe yep, looks like I'll be using AM4 even longer than I did with AM3. As for this game, I'm really enjoying it a lot. While I appreciate the level of realism the dev's delivered, I had to get the save anytime mod. Took a minor tweak but got it to work with the free version on Epic game launcher.

4. I keep reading about this everywhere I go not just here reddit here there everywhere - yeh that really made it take a hit I think. I don't recall this half a year ago so .... eh oh well maybe it was always there maybe a patch caused it didn't I don't know who knows it still sucks nonetheless bug-break-gaming or game-bug-breaking whatever you call it

EDIT: break-dancing! *christ I cannot talk....

5. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Picked it up for free and spent the last 24 hours tweaking. 1440p, HD Textures, Everything maxed out except Shadows, Shaders and Lighting. Getting mostly 60fps+ except at night when there's multiple light sources. 2 issues I have:

1. I've capped the fps to 60 with user.cfg and Nvidia Inspector. Without vsync I get some tearing. With vsync enabled I get no tearing but the cutscenes get locked to 30fps. I don't have gsync or free sync.

2. The NPC dialogue scenes have a sharpening filter applied. The normal game and cutscenes don't. I can't stand it. I've looked through engine.pak where I found out I could disable Depth of Field but can't see any sharpening setting.

6. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    This game never really looked amazing. And the performance is still sub par despite being average looking. Greater looking open world games than this. Too bad cause the story is interesting so it is an above average game.

7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    During 30FPS cut scene you could type in console if it bugs you that much.I think there is only a few cut scenes that run at 30FPS

sys_MaxFPS = 0
    Limits the frame rate to specified number n (if n>0 and if vsync is disabled).
    0 = on PC if vsync is off auto throttles fps while in menu or game is paused (default)
    -1 = off

There are a few sharpening commands you can try.

r_Sharpening = 0
    Image sharpening amount
    Usage: r_Sharpening

r_AntialiasingTAASharpening = 0.2
    Enables TAA sharpening

r_AntialiasingTAAFalloffHiFreq = 6
    Set TAA falloff for high frequencies (high contrast regions). Default 6.0
    Bigger value increases temporal stability but also overall image blurriness
    Smaller value decreases temporal stability but gives overall sharper image

r_AntialiasingTAAFalloffLowFreq = 2
    Set TAA falloff for low frequencies (low contrast regions). Default 2.0
    Bigger value increases temporal stability but also overall image blurriness
    Smaller value decreases temporal stability but gives overall sharper image

8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    You can say that characters look average for todays standards. But the rest is way ahead, especially foliage and lighting.

RodroG likes this.
  9. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    The characters were not particularly special but the forests and fields, especially the woodlands, were spectacular. I have spent allot of time in woods/fields away from it all in real life, and this game is the only one that has truly made me feel like I was in the woods again back on the family farm. Of course, cranking the graphics up to get the most out of the scenery is devastating on nearly any GPU (played it at 4K).

RodroG and cerebus23 like this.
  10. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    That's a Cryengine SVOGI that i talked about here.
    KCD has problems with interior performance, mostly in the towns. SVOGI is the best solution for the open world dynamic GI, and it works perfectly. But it doesn't produce the best results for interior lighting, so that's why there is a additional option for interiors called Portals Inject - dynamic indoor shadow casting. And this feature is what causes kinda bad interior performance. Also KCD is developed on old Cryengine 3 where SVOGI was still in experimental phase. Latest Cryengine 5 SVOGI works better. SVOGI and Cryengine complex shaders is the reason why environment looks so good, especially foliage.

At the moment i'm trying to setup dynamic lighting in UE4, and it's horrible because there is no any kind of dynamic GI solution. There is LPV, but Epic does not recommend it for final build because it's unfinished technology. I didn't try Nvidia VXGI.

RodroG likes this.

11. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    :eek::D

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is offering a free weekend on Steam to celebrate selling 3 million units since its launch in 2018.

Starting June 18th and ending June 22th Kingdom Come Deliverance will be free (to keep forever the keep forever, part is not confirmed though) on Steam.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/379430/Kingdom_Come_Deliverance/

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    jbscotchman, Solfaur and Passus like this.
  12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Does that include all the DLC? Bought the game at launch and liked it, despite the mountain of bugs. I was planning on buying all the DLC on the next steam sale and give it another go.

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600

You won’t get the game for free. It’s just a free weekend offer (not the first time) like there are every week on steam.

The only thing that’s worth mentioning (no offense my friend :p) tho is that it’s 50% off in this time.

Solfaur likes this.
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    injustices is free tho.

15. stjuart

stjuart Master Guru

GPU:
    4090FE
    Do you have a working link to this mod, link not working.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I really need to play this game. I started it and played a lot but got distracted by something else.

Turanis likes this.
  17. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    jbscotchman likes this.
  18. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    I need to go back to this. The terrible performance on my 2080 super put me off playing last year but the 3080 runs it smooth as butter so might just start a new game with some mods.

19. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    fantaskarsef likes this.