AMD to postpone Zen 3 processors to 2021 due to weak competition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 16, 2020.

1. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Places can't even keep the 10600k, 10700k, 10900k in stock they sell so fast. Try another one.

2. Jayp

Jayp Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Microprocessor companies typically make the most money selling current generation processors as long as they can. It cost AMD a lot of money to push a new product, one that isn't necessary to sell volumes. The current Zen 2 architecture is selling fine they have to consider how much better the next architecture sells over what they currently offer. It's very likely that AMD expected the need for Zen 3 by now but Intel proved otherwise. It's also likely that there are other reasons at play for the delay. I thought the rumors of the "XT" series were good indication that we'd seen Zen 3 later than planned anyways. Why launch XT a couple months before Zen 3. Who knows maybe we get 5 nm Zen 3 after all. Just have to wait now.

3. Jayp

Jayp Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    If you consider low stock selling out quickly then take your "win" however you like it I guess. Also not sure what your remark has to do with AMD success in the market. That's anecdotal information at its best "They're out of stock" lol. Why are you seeming to make this and AMD vs Intel argument? You work for Intel or something? They pay you?

4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well this is kinda of lame but i can´t understand AMD´s decision. The problem is that they are giving valuable time for Intel to recover...

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    For me this "new" parts should replace directly the older ones, basically offering a speed bump for the buyers. About the old parts, the 3700X is down to 315€ and the 3800X is down to 345€! Very tempting prices, specially the 3800X. The 10700K costs 430€...

Posted this is the wrong place, sorry guys... Can someone erase this?

6. DownwithEA

DownwithEA Active Member

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    Can someone refill the salt shaker?

wavetrex likes this.
  7. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Look at the headline of this article, it started out with anecdotal information at best with its statement "weak competition from Intel" and the fact the AMD delay is still a rumor not confirmed. And what you are saying with "low stock" is also anecdotal. Its funny you accuse other people of that when you are doing it yourself. What I said is factual and can be proven by looking at places that sell the product and many reviewers with insider information have said the 10th Gen are selling and demand is high.

BTW, I was able to buy a 10900k and a 10400. Places are getting stock usually every day, I know this for a fact from Newegg as I have contacts there.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  8. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I'm sure you're right. Sounds like this can't be fixed then. We should just expect a 3-6 month window after launch before things work correctly.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    ManofGod likes this.
  10. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    LOL as usual everyone bites down hard on a rumor. AMD has commented on the rumor and said the release is on schedule for 2020 release.

SplashDown likes this.

11. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Amd has built up momentum over Intel, laptop cpu's are smoking Intels, their server cpu's are starting to be used instead of Intel's. They have been churning out newer and lower powered cpu's than Intel. AMD has been gaining consumer awareness and confidence in their product to an astounding level. The xt release is kind of a dud, but I think AMD is just selling off binned product before the new release. AMD is smart to keep putting out newer and better cpus. They are drowning Intel in releases. Intel's response? Crank up the speed on same old platform. Lol that tactic is getting long in the tooth and product loyalty is waning badly for Intel.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    jbscotchman likes this.
  12. EDIT: May I ask a question regarding this article? @Hilbert Hagedoorn

May I request an amend/update to the first article so it doesn't come off like clickbait. That's usually what one sees on many news/journalist sites the article but then "Update - this story has been modified to reflect new information"

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2020
  13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Some people, for some idiotic reason, want this rumor to be true. Some people think the demise of AMD would be good for consumers and the industry.....

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Title should edited and thread be locked. Would also appreciate less blunt rumors on Guru3d.

EDIT: Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  15. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    I'm confused, didn't @Hilbert Hagedoorn already posted another article stating the rumor were denied by AMD directly and people still commented on this topic as if this rumor still holds? Shouldn't Guru3D lock this thread and amend / update the article to the new article for reference?