Warner Bros. gaming division for sale

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Tat3, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Few days old news.

Are you a part of a mafia and trying to find new ways to laundry some money? Just have extra money and like games? Perhaps you helped to develop the business model for Rich Energy?

In any case, rather you than one of those who are currently interested in it. Currently companies interested in buying WB games are Take-Two, EA and Activision Blizzard.

AT&T seeks sale for Warner gaming unit, could fetch about $4 billion, sources say

2. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Let Bobby Kotick bury it, he it good with it.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Whoever buys this will have more than $4billion in IP and company sales ahead of them.

I really do not know why WB does not just do this instead: sell off your IP and company/studios independently to the highest bidder as a kind of fire sale.

I guess when your company is negative $165 thousand million in the hole, you just want to feather everyone's nest, instead of looking at the long-term implications.

TLDR: the parts are worth more than the whole.

JAMVA likes this.
  4. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    Warner Brothers , you're not supposed to sell the parts of your company which actually make profit , It's the other way round :)

5. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    How much! Its never gonna happen. Mark Hamill does not do the joker anymore.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Warner still has the rights to some of these characters and the D.C universe and all that far as Batman and games in this vein goes.
    Mortal Kombat and Injustice might have some interested parties though as this has gotten a resurgence in popularity so I can see bids for this franchise and possibly also the current studio developing it.
    Maybe a few others not too sure what they have (The Lego games or just some of them around the D.C universe?) but from what I am reading AT&T picked up WB and some others for what 80B and now they're trying to cover for some 200B debt and some other changes so this for 4B seems like a pretty small amount but it's something and then well I guess it depends on who buys it or which parts of the gaming division if it's traded or auctioned between from the sounds of it a few private interested parties.

Kall of Kombat....yeah maybe Activision won't be doing that.

EDIT: Eh it won't happen, they'll be right there with studios like Raven working on those map packs if Activision picks them up. ~

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Oh god no not EA... Sure, maybe if EA buys them the PC ports won't be bad, but then the games as a whole will be bad. I'd rather have a game that's only good on console than a game that's not good on anything.

Not too sure how I feel about Activision either, but, they're definitely less of a problem.

8. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    MS should buy them. They have been looking for studios anyway. And all those great games would automatically appear on game pass for both PC and console. Batman would be more than good choice against spider man on PS.

olymind1 likes this.
  9. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    How did they lose so much money?

They paid 2 billons for Minecraft, 4 billons would be cheap for all those companies

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    poor management

rl66 likes this.

11. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Definitively

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  12. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    Looks like Warner Brothers Interactive is not for sale anymore :)

"Warner Bros Interactive remains part of the Studios and Networks group, along with our Global Brands and Franchises team including DC led by Pam Lifford, and our Kids, Young Adults and Classics business led by Tom Ascheim, all focused on engaging fans with our brands and franchises through games and other interactive experiences"

https://pressroom.warnermediagroup....rganization-update?language_content_entity=en

rl66 likes this.
  13. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    at least it is not bought by Amazon or Disney... :)