Battlefield 6 will get a modern day setting

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 12, 2020.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Battlefield 2 was the crap! Part 3 was great and part 4 even more so I gave-up after that lost track . All I know is iam sick of ww2 games its been played out over and over. Give me a jet to fly like in part 3, Give me a good story like in part 2 and iam good to go.

2. Toadstool

Toadstool Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I can't be the only one who wants a Vietnam setting. I'd love to see a wall of napalm in today's modern graphics.

I'd also like a worthwhile single player campaign, but that's wishful thinking.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Soon? This thing will come out in late 2021. I think this is the longest we had to wait between two BF titles. And this will put even more pressure on them to make it good. There will be no excuses this time around.

4. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I hope this game is fun like BF2, BF3 or BFBC2. I really hope they focus on preventing cheating with actual proper architecture changes like encrypting communications and the ability to change keys every patch etc. Cheating in BF5 is spooky hard to detect especially with how advanced the cheats are now a days where they help you spot opponents you shouldn't be able to see or auto aim that misses every x shot to avoid detection.

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Don't get your hopes up.

BF4 was the last game that was any good as far as I'm concerned, but merely being in the same time period does not at all excite me. They just recently managed to screw up world war 2. How do you do that? BF1942 was fantastic. This game series has simply lost it's way and I have given up.

6. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    So Battlefield v3.2

fantaskarsef, sverek and Solfaur like this.
  7. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    I would go near-future if I were them
    - armed drones
    - hand- held and vehicle-mounted lasers
    - smart ammo (guided bullets)
    - VTOLs of all kinds (gunships, but not helicopters)
    - swarms of flying drone cameras

All stuff which is technically possible but we're "not there yet".

At the same time, your basic soldier with a classic kinetic weapon in their hands, tanks, fighter jets, explosives etc (present day)

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I find comments like this interesting.

I mean if this was 2005, sure, i'd agree.

But we have gotten almost nothing but modern setting/near future FPS games when it comes to war-type games for the past 10 years yet "ww2 is over done"

I mean, i'm all for more ww1, civil war, vietnam, cold war, far future, etc. Instead of ww2, but lets be honest here, the only thing that is "currently" over done is the modern/near future setting.

Solfaur likes this.
  9. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    For me to turn off, yay!

@Aura89 you got me exited remembering about Battlefield Vietnam, those were the old good times! And back then you had so much free DLC (mods) the game would never grow old.

10. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    BF6 - Take Back #CHAZ

Celcius likes this.

11. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Yes! The setting is good again.

I want to see the most modern weapons they have recently developed and maybe some information about them. I don't really care what countries you play as, but I want the soldiers to speak their own native language, at least an option for this is necessary. Battlefield 4 like basis is a good start, but we definitely need more BF2 big operation style where a commander can give orders and direct the gameplay. Players should be awarded/rewarded greatly from following orders and not as greatly playing solo, no matter how many kills they score. Unlocking guns shouldn't be a thing, only camos and such non-necessities can be behind grinding. There can be levels, ranks, whatever but there shouldn't be ANY need to unlock new weapons and their gadgets. The amount of maps is not a critical thing, even five big great maps is better than 15 shallow ones and I can accept buying an expansion pack later on if the base game comes with all the necessary features like support for dedicated servers, server browser and whatnot. I strongly emphasis expansion pack rather than DLC here and there for a high price.

DICE can pull this off if they really want, but they need to ditch any staff who wants to implement any ideologies like feminism into the game. They need to go ASAP, there is no room in any entertainment industry for these kind of people.
    Good luck with the development!

PS. I liked Bad Company 2 too, but it is too simple game compared to even BF3 or BF4, so I hope we don't get a corner shooter like that anymore. I have very good memories about the game, but I could not stand playing it anymore now when I'm more mature. If somebody doesn't know or remember, Bad Company was a direct response to Call of Duty and so was more or less BF1 too which was also too simplified. Get the tactical gameplay back please!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  12. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    There playing it safe Most likely cut and past BF4

13. Camaxide

Camaxide Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X SLI
    well, Battlefield 2, 3 and 4 all played out with a modern warfare setting. people didn't complain with 3 and 4... so it's not about the time of the battlefield, but about the execution of it.
    BF2 and 4 especially played out very well - so both were great. Running a tank or chopper in these games felt good - Tanks in BF1 was a bit off, while tanks in BFV is plain horrible - so it's more about the execution really... if they make a nicely done modern warfare battlefield - then it will be good - and if it feels somewhat like the other good battlefield games- then thats just a good thing! :)

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm not falling for the commercial stunt "Frostbite 2 point zero" anymore, they better rethink their formula and bring new ideas to the table, there's been clear missteps recently.

Just a sample: from overgrind bf3 weapon customization to purely visual upgrade in bf5, the apple has fallen quite far from the tree.
    They better drop their anecdotical campaign and deliver the high quality multiplayer experience we expect from them !

Solfaur likes this.
  15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    There are still a handful of servers packed full 64/64 all day long for Battlefield 1942.

And it's still fun to play, though the controls havn't aged well and some are hardcoded, like mouse accelleration.

16. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I think the problem is not the setting of the game but the game itself!...

Me too!

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    BF2 had a story?? o_O

XenthorX likes this.
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    He probably meant BFBC2, that one had a pretty cool and funny single-player campaign, on top of a fantastic mainly Rush designed multiplayer.

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yea I thought as much, I loved BC2. SP was fantastic and the mp was fun as hell too. I remember the "beta" being released and loved every minute of it. I told my friends about it and they only had an Xbox 360, so they downloaded it on that. I was shocked at how poorly it looked and ran.

I would love them to at least bring the first BC game to PC, that was quite fun on the PS3 but would look fantastic if they brought it to PC. That game would sell very well if they sold it at a discounted price too like $24.99.

I highly doubt we will ever see BC3 though, its becoming like HL3 now at this point. How many petitions have been made? How many forum posts have been made? All begging for BC3 and we get nothing.

Solfaur likes this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It sure did.

[​IMG]

CPC_RedDawn likes this.