Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yeah we ran into them but after we restarted our games things settled and it was smooth sailing from there on. Have noticed players having some issues connecting to the tower or farm though throughout the week. You get the load screen but it takes ages and when it eventually loads you see like 30 guardians all popping in at once and running off to do their things.

If Bungie will do Destiny 3, they need to sack whoever is in charge of all the networking stuff and rebuild that side of things because people in this day and age have a pretty short fuse when it comes to basic online functionality of a game not working.

2. Holocron

Holocron Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD
    Is anyone else still active on D2? My Guardian page is in HERE.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I play it every day, love it still.. :D

Holocron likes this.
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i don't find the money grubbing to be fair though, having to buy expansions as well as season packs, might as well call it a subscription mmo and call it a day.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Base game is crippled, but they made it free so you get what you pay for.. so not much :)

I bought season pass quite cheap along with shadowkeep, so I dont mind. I think 35e or so, vs 52e?

Did the same one time by Division1 and that wasn't worth it compared to the fun I have here with destiny

Repo Man likes this.
  6. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I think the base game is actually pretty good considering what you get. You get the original campaign + expansion 1 and 2 which are all pretty good fun to play. I've been through them twice, once solo and recently in coop with the missus. You also get the Strike playlists and PVP in full along with the quests for some of the more coveted guns in the game if you can stomach the grind. You get Gambit which can be great fun. Are forges and Menagerie available in F2P too ? I thought Forges are but I've never played the Menagerie myself. In addition to that you get the free seasonal reward track.

I did the same as you and bought the collectors edition of Shadowkeep that got me the season passes, think I payed 42 quid for it and I don't really regret it but I do think that the season pass content is a bit unnecessarily paywalled as I don't find the content that great personally. I did enjoy the Vex Offensive stuff, didn't do the sundial thing and this new Rasputing bunker / Seraph tower thing I've hardly touched. I spend my time in the Crucible and Gambit and I will keep coming back I'm sure because the gun play is still so good.

That said, I didn't start properly playing until just before Shadowkeep launched so I can understand the complaints the vets who have been there actively since day 1 have about the game and its current state.

-Tj- likes this.
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I bought the game on humble bundle 2 years ago for 17 bucks along with 5 other games

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and now its "free" but makes you pay to do content between expansions.

ramthegamer likes this.
  9. Holocron

Holocron Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD
    I am glad that I had invested time with this game, it's the best sci-fi game that I have ever played. For my fantasy fix, I go to the Elder Scrolls Online.

-Tj- likes this.
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    You can add me on steam and we can play sometime;
    The||Hunter
    Is my name there.

Although im from Europe, so timing might me a bit off when im online..

@Repo Man
    I play various stuff, would really like to play trials more, but i dont have the group to do it.. want those gears there :D

The manargerie is fun, kind of like public raid, you get some interesting stuff at the end with right mods in the grail artifact.

Holocron likes this.

11. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    As I'm a sucker for Pulse Rifles, on a recent week off from work I finally finished the grind for Redrix Broadsword which felt great even though the gun could do with a buff as its not really a match for a solid Go Figure ( which has been my go-to pulse since forever ) or Bygones and Blast Furnace. I played around with the Bygones a bit and granted, the one I got didn't have that great of a roll but overall the gun just didn't feel as good as my Go Figure.

So with that in mind I decided to grind out the Blast Furnace as I've been on the receiving end of it plenty a time and even though my roll was pretty mediocre, I just fell in love with it so much so that I masterworked it! I might pass it on to my Hunter alt because I think the Go Figure I got is still better overall. I also managed to grind Randy's Throwing Knife on the side while I was grinding for the Broadsword and I love that gun too but I feel scouts could do with a bit of a buff. They're a hoot in open world when you fancy popping some quick headshots as your roaming about but I just find them lacking a bit in PVP which is my main mode I play.

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Love my blast furnace...Feeding frenzy/kill clip/Range masterwork. Thing is a freeking sniper in crucible.

13. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Hokay boys and girls, Rasputin is apparently at full power and we got us a live event of some sort today on reset 6pm UK time (?)

EDIT: seems the tower music has been changed to something a bit more menacing and theres this dusky, reddish hue to the lighting now. ( granted this could just be dusk... but I've only ever seen night or day in the Tower )

14. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    reddish hue is dusk yes. I rarely get day time lol.

15. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I've got so many god tier rolls in this game...and I still suck in crucible. :p

16. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
  17. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    So good o'l Goatse made an appearance

[​IMG]

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Timelaps for those who missed it, including myself, was bussy riding my new mtb xD

Overall meh.. 90min wait for some silly explosion.

19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    So then... instead of them announcing a new expansion, they basically announced 3! That's kinda cool, though I'm sure that was meant to be Destiny 3, the game that never happened and the game I'm sure ActiBlizz was pushing for. I'm personally kinda happy about their current roadmap and I've grown to like the "content drip" they do in the form of season's, I just think it needs some refining and make sure it evolves a bit over the 3 month period.

As for vaulting content... bring it on! there's a lot of stuff in the game that serves little purpose and this way it can be brought back with new mechanics and new stuff to do after a while. Just curious to see how it'll all work from the new player perspective. I finished a good chunk of the storylines pre-SK while the game was still on Bnet but the new player experience as it stands is kinda daft and confusing imo so how they'll make it work in the end remains to be seen I guess.

20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Should I reinstall this game?