Geforce Driver 451.22

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rageoverrun, Jun 6, 2020.

1. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Installed the standard version 451.22, (only driver and physx), i'm on W10 (2004) it's a little bit better than 450.99 in benches and some games, i need to test it and play some more games and i'll report later, performances are better, no clocks problem,( game mode disabled, HAGS disabled), i noticed that when HAGS is enabled performance goes down significantly, weird for a feature that's supposed to boost gpu performance, hope they will fix that :mad::):D

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The date GFE displays is pulled from the nvidia servers once the version string is matched to a given driver release.

Since there is no 451.22 GRD or NSD driver there is no data to pull down so the date will be wrong.

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @loracle What games gets performance penalty with HAGS enabled?

Dro1d01 likes this.
  4. Dro1d01

Dro1d01 Member

GPU:
    AD107
    Tested some old games with 451.22 and Hardware Scheduling enabled.
    World In Conflict - DirectX 10, 1080p, Max setting -> Hardware Scheduling enabled and disabled -> same performance, no glitches, smooth, no stutter.
    S.t.a.l.k.e.r Call of Pripyat - DirextX 11, enhanced dynamic lighting, Max quality, -> Hardware Scheduling enabled - A bit more average fps. Hardware Scheduling Disabled - average fps a bit lower, min fps a little higher.
    Final Fantasy benchmarks (3 different versions), DirectX9 (old FF test) - DirectX 11 (new FF test) - Hardware Scheduling enabled -> score is little higher than with disabled scheduling. Min and average fps is improved with Hardware Scheduling enabled, not much but noticeable.
    I noticed that the processor is used less when Hardware GPU Scheduling enabled, and a little less used RAM and VRAM.

SpajdrEX likes this.

5. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    With this driver, HAGS enabled or Disabled, I get stutters in Borderlands 3 DX12 that I don't get with 446.14 - Other games I tested with 451.22 and HAGS on seemed to work perfect - RDR2 (vulkan), FO76 (much better performance around player structures than without HAGS), Minecraft Dungeons, The vanishing of ethan carter - all worked great with 451.22. But since I am playing through BL3 at the moment I rolled back to 446.14 and the stutter went away.

6. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Benchmarking GPU Hardware Scheduling right now is pretty useless, because it's only supported to the full capacity with the next Game Ready driver. The toggle doesn't do much right now.

EugeneJackKhoros likes this.
  7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    How do you know that? :)

8. dampflokfreund

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...dows-10-may-2020-update-20h1-feedback-thread/

9. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    RobinTR likes this.
  10. dampflokfreund

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Well, what does working mean exactly? I think we should wait for the official implementation to see if there are any significant performance gains or less stuttering. I benchmarked the feature using the 450.82 driver and observed zero differences in many different scenarios, including VRAM limited ones.

11. uKER

uKER Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Well, with these ones I don't get the flickering in Doom Eternal and Chrome that I was getting with both v450 drivers.
    Really welcome.

Why does that list the 450 drivers as 550?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  12. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Thing is some of us do not have a windows stores connection and therefore could not grab it. For security/non-networked the standard version should be around for a while.

DCH grabs some stuff elsewhere. You are making an addition connection to the MS Store to obtain functionality.

-Tj- likes this.
  13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What is HAGS?

14. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling

-Tj- likes this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah, although i dont mind the store, also have forza4 there so I have to have it :D

Speaking of dch, I never install it either, but one time I mixed installers (tested some vulkan driver) and then I saw in start new app.
    Ah, thanks. I would have never thought about that abbreviation :)

PetritH likes this.

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Woops, typo, corrected it now, thanks. :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Deus Ex Invisible War (with visibly upgraded patch) hangs on launch with HAGS enabled.

Herochild likes this.
  18. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    They patched it to make the War visible?

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I thought Manuel said HAGS is not working with these drivers but can be toggled on and off in Settings regardless. If so then this setting should not affect games at all, right?

So is HAGS working or not?

/is confused

20. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    He said it is and will work. But it's not supported (as in it is in beta) by nvidia. Use at your own risk basically, things may not work correctly but it uses Hardware Acceleration the toggle works but it's not final yet.

Darren Hodgson, artina90 and Dro1d01 like this.