Geforce Driver 451.22

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rageoverrun, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Same stuttering issues as with 450.99, NZXT Cam GPU Load broken with it as well.
    3DMark places it in between 446.14 and 450.99
    [​IMG]

Anyone noticed slightly higher CPU and CPU clocks with 451.22?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  2. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    I'm probably dumb, but I still can't understand difference between standard and DCH drivers and wich one should I install...

Bhudda likes this.
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Doesnt matter. One time I acidently installed dch and it then grabbed nvcpl from windows store.

It was a shitty driver and i did normal driver clean install option and i was back to standard driver.

4. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    451.22 DCH installed no problem. :D

5. Mistajista

Mistajista Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    The clocks on my GTX 1080 are stuck at max again (with MSI Afterburner and iCUE running). They were ok with the 450.99's so I thought we were past this. I wonder what's causing it? Perhaps an update is needed for one or both of the apps mentioned above.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thanks for testing :D

Presently anything that uses CPUID / NVAPI to access the card will lock the device to higher performance states while HAGS is enabled.

7. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Only real difference is you will have to install the control panel from the Microsoft Store this will be done automatically if not just manually install it.

8. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    Thanks, but what's the difference?

9. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

11. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    So I'm Inattentive XD
    A little later, pamper with Wolfenstein: The New Order and / texture loading via CUDA
    console command vt_useCudaTranscode 1

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    PS: This doesn't support the extensions needed for CEMU's async cache.

need 1.2.142, this has 1.2.133

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Netherwind, CPC_RedDawn and Herochild like this.
  13. Mistajista

Mistajista Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Suspected as much but thanks for the confirmation.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nothing, same control panel same everything. At first I thought damn I mixed up now I wont be able to install standard, but all was the same when i uninstalled dch driver.

The only difference I saw was that now windows store installed its control panel instead of the driver.

Unless Im missing something, but all is the same.

15. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Control panel not bundled with the drivers and installed separately from MS store.
    Also different driver structure I believe. Different as in some components are unpacked and installed in different folders.
    No NvCamera bundled (to configure/disable Ansel), have to download that separately from Nvidia's support page.
    That's about it I think, performance and feature-wise there's no difference. So in the end it doesn't really matter what you pick, but DCH is a "newer" format so to speak and Nvidia recommends DCH.

EugeneJackKhoros likes this.

16. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    BFV resets profile specific changes within NVCP everytime you start the game.
    This was done quite some time ago by the devs to "fix" the fortnite graphics exploit.

17. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    There is a solution to work around this "protection" with the Nvidia Inspector.
    It's quite easy, but if you figure it out: Probably best keep it to yourselves, as who knows what those EA clowns would do next.

18. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
    You can also CUDA just deselect in the installer

Unbenannt.JPG

19. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    I'm aware of another workaround. But I'm already using rivatuner to cap my fps and I don't need NV sharpening for BFV (TAA high), nor any other profile specific setting.

20. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Installed these using CUDA installer on top of 450.99 DCH, no issues at first glance, clocks are fine but I only have GPU-Z as my GPU monitoring utility (aside form task manager), HAGS enabled. Driver date displayed incorrect in GFE but shows up as June in device manager and everywhere else. We'll see if I get any crashes with HAGS enabled, I did have a random crash on 450.99 which could've been caused by HAGS (I disabled it after the crash) so I'll turn it back on in these drivers.
    Control Panel sharpening is still broken as usual.

What I also noticed is driver installed didn't touch my current GFE install even though I had it deselected in the custom install. Don't know about 450 but all previous drivers would either do a clean reinstall of GFE if selected in installer (and already installed on the system) or remove it if unselected (and already installed on the system).
    Not sure if it's a feature of CUDA installer or this behavior was finally fixed but that was nice.