Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare are delayed due to America political and social incidents

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Loobyluggs likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Usa is a real warzone.

toyo and sverek like this.
  3. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I thought they were selling Call of Duty all over the world, not just in the USA.

Neo Cyrus and insp1re2600 like this.
  4. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti MSI
    Also what do real world politics have to do with doing your job ? Are people allowed to take time off work to go protest ?

5. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Well you know waht @Kaarme and @droopy_ro, if your wife/children are terribly sick, you for sure take time off to deal with it. Right?
    As people that are not touched by the racism problem you just cannot see how the situation is bad for those people every day, many companies gave time off to go to protests or simply to take time for your mental health.
    And that is the right thing to do, those things are serious.

Also if you are a decent person you do not want to shout about your new product when those things are happening, you do not want to be the one that is trying to move people attention from more important things, every video game, movie and new electronic device of the entertainment industry can wait better times.

You do not need a glorious economy if then the society sucks. Is not worth.

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    First corona, now this, and who knows what will happen next. Delays after delays, after delays. Good time to clear the steam backlog though.

7. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Activision with they BS.
    Now they are supporting black people.

Remember what was going on in China? People were fighting for they freedom, people were murdered on street, and Activision was banning players for they speech.

PR Bullshit all the way

Solfaur likes this.
  8. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Why tf I should be affected because some 'Muricans decided that looting and making chaos is a good remembering of a fallen man.

9. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti MSI
    So racism was proven to be the cause of all this ? It could have been you or me with a knee on our backs. The only sure thing is that cop is a POS. Also it must be nice to live in a country that lets you take paid time off, to deal with your mental health and go to protest. I bet it is the same in China :rolleyes:

Solfaur likes this.
  10. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    In what universe do companies encourage their employees to take part in protests like that, especially when the Covid-19 is still around?

Solfaur likes this.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I do not want to go all out about politics. But reality is that one bad man got killed by other likely bad man.
    Dead man committed crime which here results in minimal sentence of 5 years. (And it was not his 1st serious crime.) And therefore I see his arrest as justified and desired action.
    Sadly, man responsible for criminal's death did wear uniform and therefore all the consequences as violent riots, property damage, looting, assaults, ...

Would killer be someone this person tried to commit given crime on, nobody would raise eyebrow over it. Because that happens all the time and nobody politicizes (weaponizes) it.
    When Dog-eat-Dog happens between those who are supposed to be bad, people are OK with it.
    But what in the world compels people to behave like animals, just because someone who is supposed to be good (in this case policeman), does something really bad.
    I do not start committing crimes just because some other criminals commit crime on each other.

What is societal value of people who do not respect work, safety, property of others and think they have right to take anything away from others?
    What I have seen was a lot of criminals committing crimes just because there was socio-political opportunity which greatly increased their chance of getting away with it.

drone69 and carnivore like this.
  12. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX
    Just another marketing BS from the Activision to make more money and future selling ;) Activision and their support is a bigger step to disgracing customers like they always do!

I understand that people are upset and I am upset as well against the racism but this is not protesting...it's destroying and stealing hard earned property from others. I support peaceful demonstration but lots of them are doing the opposite. And authority will have to use the force again and people will tell that they are using excessive force again. It's a never ending story...

13. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    In America, especially in the tech industry, people do change job quite often, for trivial things.
    People are ready to let go with a company if their ethic alignment isn't clear. Even not explicitly supporting Black people in those days is cause of concern for empoyed people.
    So yes companies give time off in order to deal with what is important in life. Not all of them of course.

Yes, non condemned systemic everyday racism is the cause of all of this.

14. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Is not politics is being human.
    In this particular occasion the man killed was being arrested for a `suspicios 20$ fake bill`. The point is that if you had used that bill, you would probably be handcuffed too, but not dead.
    Those things go on so long in that country.
    Outraged people will do bad, are not supposed to be held accountable. Policeman are 100% of the time.

Of course there are looters that use the situation to do what they want to do, as when the G8 happened in italy in genova or in other countries. People gather to protest, other gather to use the confusion at their benefit.
    But you should not mix the 2 bags.

People are fed up, some companies are made of people and if they are not the are at least worried of social backlash. So yes they prefer to support the cause, even if out of convenience, that is still better than be silent and move on like if nothing happened.

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I think Activision just wants free publicity/advertising from this. All they care is money.

Brasky likes this.

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Can you rephrase bold part? It kind of looks like being outraged gives immunity to lawful consequences.

As far as rest of look on people participating goes. I see protesters as highly hypocritical. And looters/damage doers as criminals, which should be held 100% accountable.

17. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I was trying to say that i do not expect enraged people to behave normally.
    While i expect policeman to behave at their best 100% of the time.

Looters and people damaging properties for the sake of it, must be punished, but policeman using unnecessary targeted violence on black protesters should be punished harder, because they chose the job with the consequence of it.

I do not want to start listing what everyone can see on the videos, and for one cop doing 1 bad thing, a vile thing, there are 5 or 10 that just look him and do not stop him, being essentially equal to him.

Guys this stuff is bad, and if we think is not is probably because we are never been the target of discrimination or injustice.

mohiuddin likes this.
  18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I am sorry, but what you wrote does not make us (people) equal based on color of skin. I can't ever agree with it as I can't ever agree that people should not be equal in front of law.

People are not equal. As there are not two exactly same people with exactly same body and mind. But moment you put race or color into equation, that's really bad.
    As bad as implying that police suppressing black protester using more than minimal necessary force is supposed to have extra punishment. (Police servicemen and women are black too and suppressed criminal can be white too.) And generalizing this way implies that it is racial bias.
    And in reality your statement has racial payload.

To underlined: I do not think anyone here viewed situation as "not bad".
    It is really bad, not because one man died and other is going to face punishment for given action. It is how things are supposed to work.
    What is bad is all that happens around it. Look at how it escalates. What are people who made this happen want to achieve? What are really those violent "protesters" going to achieve?
    Dozens of dead (and good/just/caring) police officers? Destroyed neighborhoods? Civil war with army in streets and martial law?
    Bad thing is that it shows that those people on the ground making it worse by hour do not think about reasons why they are doing it. And what consequences their actions will have.
    (And if they do behave that way after actually thinking it through, it would be even worse as they would intentionally make it worse.)

19. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I do not want to drag this too long, but in US is a fact that you are more likely to be targeted if you are black, and more likely that a crime done to you goes unpunished if you are black.

That's it, and if you don't see that the situation is that black people have less opportunities and a non equal treatment as white people, and that there is will for things to stay in this way, the problem is not in how i m good at prove it or write it.
    Sadly is a fact. There is a widespread racism in that country and a police problem exactly with black people and exactly just because they are black, not because they are criminal.
    Policeman is not just another job, it represent the law and the state, and cannot afford to have racial bias, while today this racial bias is there and is tangible.

(Police servicemen and women are black too and suppressed criminal can be white too.) <--- i wish statistics would be better. I'm not talking about new york, but there are some states in which the punishment of a crime committer changes because of his race.

Before getting full rage on those things i was skeptical too, after 4 years working with americans and following their news as a side effect of my interaction with them i just seen things that broke me down.

As there are not two exactly same people with exactly same body and mind. But moment you put race or color into equation, that's really bad.

I do not agree, when a crime is committed that involves racial hate that crime is worse. Because there should be no tolerance at all for it. zero.
    There are some things that are inconceivable for us, for which we are ready to outrage and go over the line ( think of someone hurting your dearest people, or think on crimes committed on children) and until racism is on that list of things, we have work to do as a society.

mohiuddin likes this.
  20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    cmon people - let's not have politics here.