Total War: Troy

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Jun 2, 2020.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Release Date: 13th August 2020 exclusive on Epic.

Mac & Linux

[​IMG]

A Total War Saga: TROY will be released for macOS and Linux shortly after Windows.

About This Game
    In this legendary age, heroes walk the earth. Yet it takes only a single impulsive act to spark a conflict that will shake the world. Audacious Paris, prince of Troy, takes beautiful Helen from her palace in Sparta. As they sail away, Helen’s husband, king Menelaus, curses her name. He will bring his errant wife home – whatever the cost!

King Agamemnon, wide-ruling lord of finely-walled Mycenae, hears his brother’s call. He summons Achaean heroes from far and wide, among them swift-footed Achilles and Odysseus of the silver tongue. The Greeks set course for Troy, towards inevitable war and slaughter. For there, on the battlefield before the great city, legends will be born…

[​IMG]

TROY is the latest Total War Saga title; inspired by Homer’s Iliad, it focuses on the historical flashpoint of the Trojan War, evolving the series with new period-inspired features.

Through Total War’s unique blend of grand, turn-based empire management and spectacular real-time battles, Troy explores this epic conflict from both the Greek and Trojan perspectives – peeling back the layers of myth and legend to reveal the realities that may have inspired them.

Experience the events surrounding the era-defining Trojan War, brought to life as never before. Realize your legend as one of eight iconic heroes. Dive into a character-led narrative drama and overcome your antagonists. Build your empire through strategy, statecraft, diplomacy and all-out war, as you conquer this vast and striking recreation of the Bronze Age Mediterranean.

[​IMG]
    Mature Content Description
    The developers describe the content like this:

Gameplay consists of graphic and realistic-looking depictions of physical conflict, weapons and depictions of human injury and death.

System Requirements

• Minimum:
      • Additional Notes: TBC

• Recommended:
      • Additional Notes: TBC

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    The game will be free for the 1st 24 hours after release on 13th August 2020! This is no joke! You can pick it up for free and keep it forver on Epic.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Undying likes this.
  3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Alright then, i will get it for free!

0blivious and Undying like this.
  4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Careful now you see it sitting there looking all wonderful and unusual at the fact it's free. You wonder where all the usual money pulling content has gone but you've never seen something like this before so you download it on to your computer, just open the doors and let it in and everything seems fine, you give it a try and my god nothing strange here it looks like a free game and it is. You get an hour in to the game then give it a break for a while. Before you know it you're being bombarded by paid for DLC walls, so much DLC that you need to buy to progress, they are everywhere all hidden inside the game and stopping you from moving forward, my god where did all these paid for DLC paywalls come from and I can't get the game off my computer and ahhhhhhh!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Repo Man likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    1 year exclusivity they crapping these games out now and yea they love dlcs holding out for a 40k tw can be too much longer hope not a epic garbage exclusive nor one of these quick reskin games they making.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah i got email about that today, I will probably forget about by time it actual out, though I confused why they giving away a game for free for 1 day on its launch

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Wait, I thought it meant you can claim it and play it free for 24 hours ( like a timed demo ) and then have to pay the full price but this is actually... free ??? ( not including the afore mentioned probable DLC wall )

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    While absolutely loved some of the TW installments, they seem to just release the same game over and over in a slightly different setting, so I can't really get into it for more than one or two campaigns.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No, its free to keep in the first 24 hours like i told you. ;)

10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I think I'll wait for WH3, tbh.

11. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Weird coincidence. I literally just bought TW Warhammer 2 since it was on sale on Steam recently. I did get the first game but I waited until now to jump on the 2nd. I just started my first campaign, and now they announce Troy. I'll pass for now and for the next year or two. The reality is I'm still waiting for a WH40K game, or maybe 30K during the Horus Heresy period. But I do like the WH Fantasy setting too. I just prefer the 40K setting.

12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I don't think WH40k lends itself well to the TW formula. The Dawn of War format worked (until they made it half moba and half RTS, and appeased neither group of people). Something akin to the old Blitzkrieg games, however, would work better (the ones where you also control overworld deployment, like Cuban Missle Crisis)

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Troy wasnt anounced that day. It was announced months ago.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Guess saying it again and again makes it come more true...

16. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I just told Alexa to set an alarm for August 13th*.

*Perhaps I'll remember why I set it, when it goes off.

XenthorX likes this.
  17. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Oh, excuse me, kind sir. I lived in my own isolated time bubble when it was 'originally' announced.

I have a life and don't always pay attention to every bits of news, and happened to miss the "original announcement". It was announced that day, for me.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Tomorrow for free at Epic, dont forget.
    But the game feels rushed in the release date, too soon. It seems like this is like a game where they want to test a lot of stuff, the result is unbalance in many things.

Well, its for free...so..

By the way: The first dlc will also be free for 24 hours once it’s released in September.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  19. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Free free now.

Go go go.

20. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB