1usmus Custom Power Plan for Ryzen 3000 Download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 4, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Still works as a alternative to the AMD power plans bundled with the chipset drivers. :)
    (Updated once to 1.1 but I don't think there's been any further changes to it since.)

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    MS isn't going to risk incurring the wrath of Intel by "optimizing" Windows for AMD... Besides, do we really need multi-threaded BSoDs? Next you'll expect MS to add color options.....

patteSatan likes this.
  3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    we can't use it for 1950x series right? won't do any good?

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Use "1usmus Ryzen Power Plan", if you have a Zen 2 processor, runnning Windows 10 May 2019, Oct 2018, and earlier.
    Use "1usmus Ryzen Universal", with any processor running Windows 10 Nov 2019 Update or later.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There were scheduler changes in the November 2019 cumulative update but I believe AMD still recommends their own Balanced profile for the Ryzen 3000 CPU series. (Not exactly sure what the High Perf one gains if anything.)

There's also the V4 from here with focus on energy saving while preserving performance which far as I can tell it beats both AMD's and 1Usmus profiles in that regard.
    https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/energiesparplan-zen2-ryzen-3000.1934824/
    (Found from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/gijvck/new_ryzen_3000_powerplan_perfomance_like_1usmus/ )

Tests on it can be found here:
    https://www.computerbase.de/forum/t...zen2-ryzen-3000.1934824/page-14#post-24096401

I don't think AMD has changed much on their profile over these various chipset drivers it's still 5.0 balanced and high performance and then there's two(?) revisions to 1Usmus by now following the initial version and the updates I think were intended for 1909 with the November cumulative and scheduler changes but I don't know if 2004 made any further changes from how the OS does things and as usual user benchmarks and tests are very inconclusive with varying bios and OS tweaks altering results.

WhiteLightning and patteSatan like this.
  7. Note there are settings I wouldn't advise in the plan, period.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah there's a ton of hidden settings to the full range of changes these things do to the OS when activated, one of the main ones is AMD's change to polling and updating far faster than the default and both 1Usmus and this V4 one likely alter some other stuff on top of whatever AMD's Ryzen profile already changes.

There's also bios settings and changes to the AGESA code and problems with some functionality like Precision Boost and some of the power saving options or more aggressive tweaks that could differ from AMD's suggested and "auto" from one vendor could differ from how another one implemented it on their motherboards although I am still trying to learn how all that works since upgrading to this system with mostly pretty limited results though there are some pretty good guides available even if a lot is also on the nature of actually overclocking this architecture further and stuff like memory tweaks because latency and the infinity fabric in addition to the overall CPU performance and scaling plus measuring and monitoring the proper values and actual current and voltage not just that the CPU might be boosting to fairly high values to maintain responsiveness although that's also something AMD has tinkered with through these firmware updates and drivers.

Lots of stuff to it and how it affects both energy saving and performance plus not keeping the CPU active constantly and within safe parameters even if these might look high at a glance. :)
    (And will be high and possibly detrimentally so from poor bios editing or trying to get manual values going instead of automatic or balancing it via offsets.)

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Using the new V4 power plan.

Anyone with an Asus board want to tell me where these settings are? Or if Asus call them something different?

• Global C-state Control = Enabled (FOUND)
    • Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle
    • CPPC = Enabled (FOUND)
    • CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled (FOUND)
    • AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled
    • PPC Adjustment = PState 0 (FOUND)
    Under PPC Adjustment I only have 1 settings and that is Pstate 0.....? I have seen other motherboard with 0,1,2,3,4,etc....?

Also why do these plans (even AMD's plans) have the min processor state set to 90% or 99%??? I edit this to be 50% and I see clock speeds drop to 2.2GHz and temps drop A LOT and don't become erratic. Where with V4 power plan at default 90% I see min clock speeds of 3.3GHz and with AMD plans at default 99% I see min clock speeds of 3.8GHz which keeps the CPU at base clocks. C-state still works and cores do sleep. But temps become erratic and spike from 30C upto 45C down to 35C up to 54C down to 48C and up and down all over the place.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    ~So the real question here, is this still useful, Windows 10 2004 and beyond?

11. AFAIK - Power Supply Idle Control - A legacy feature for PSUs/motherboards no longer relevant with most setups. Best leave on AUTO; manual override may be more problematic than positive. Description: This setting stipulates specific draw states for the PSU in regards to motherboard negotiating sleep mode etc...

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Thanks for the info, I literally don't see it in any section of the BIOS and I know this BIOS like the back of my hand.

I read also that AMD Cool'N'Quiet is also an old feature and basically been replaced/incorporated within Global C-States.

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Does Asus even support Cool'n'Quiet, I see no such option in my BIOS?

14. Guru3Dmember

Guru3Dmember Active Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    For which board? Last I seen the Xtreme was on 12e ?

15. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    What I run. Xtreme Aorus on both 3900x and 3960X.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's an older post but yeah Gigabyte is still doing betas for F12
    https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-beta-bios.html

Some of these could be on their website too, Master last I checked remained on F11 and the beta bios files got updated around the 18th - 20th after a bit of inactivity but I believe they're all still 1.0.0.4 AGESA and the main changelog is still just "Improved memory compatibility." though as some of the beta discussions go they have fixed a few more things since F12A (Letter denotes beta.) to E, F or G depending on board model.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah , most seem to be skipping 1.0.0.5 seems there is something wrong with it. so next will be 1.0.0.6.

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Are they actually skipping it, or just taking half a year+ as they usually do? Unless we're talking about Asus, they just seem to skip updates regardless of how good they are.

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Some info on it has 1.0.0.5 possibly being a bit like a beta and there's some unconfirmed info that Gigabyte and a few others are waiting on the next main AGESA firmware of 1.0.0.6 which I assume will be out for support with these upcoming XT processor models soon thus why adaption rate and bios updates incorporating 1.0.0.5 has been pretty low.
    MSI just updates to these almost immediate from what it looks like, maybe a closer working relationship with AMD or from what I am reading also really turning things around from reported issues and shortcomings with some of the 300 series boards.

Others might be entirely hit and miss for what boards get updated and when, Gigabyte going since December or late November with the F12 bios in beta could also explain them working on finalizing these before moving to F13 with a possible AGESA update and far as memory storage goes it sounds like the current bios size is around 8 - 11 MB or so leaving a fair bit for the common 16 MB motherboard chips since it's a bit varied which use 32 MB and/or have a backup/secondary bios support.

Although unless file size greatly balloons out support for these last AM4 CPU's and such shouldn't be too bad for future updates and general bug fixing plus whatever the motherboard vendors include on the bios besides the AGESA firmware bits.

EDIT: From the newer ASRock chipset software including a newer driver for and the 1.0.0.5 PCI-E fix I wonder if there's some current outstanding problem on the X570's but I don't know how critical that 1.0.0.5 AGESA fix might be and what the software driver has going for it compared to the previous version so it could be pretty minimal but it might be very device specific.

Sound cards actually being USB with a bridge chip for PCI-E or some of the SSD controllers or NVME related perhaps but there's all kinds of possibilities or just general 4.0 compatibility for the X570's being compliant with this spec.

EDIT: As to the power plan itself it would be nice to see Microsoft make further updates to the OS and settings possibly phasing out it's requirement entirely as with Zen+ and earlier although the current changes might already have lessened the Zen2 CPU's reliance on some of the AMD power plan functionality and customized versions of it for all I know.
    (It's a bit like a hybrid balanced and high performance at a glance boosting quickly and keeping a more aggressive minimum CPU state plus the shortened time between updates.)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  20. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Xtreme tRX40. Xtreme x570 is f12e. [​IMG]

Mainly pointing out that Gigabyte is whooping ass in the design/power and efficiency side of things regarding build quality.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Guru3Dmember likes this.