Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 23, 2020.

1. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Nice thanks to your post I downloaded new klite codec pack, I forgot to check for newer version.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  2. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    i played and finished 100% both games on previous i5 4670k system with 8gb ddr3, there was some stuttering (a lot, in some scene, far less in others) but not due to the limited system ram: the game was mostly cpu limited as I saw 100% cpu usage with my rx580, that caused stuttering. now i'm on 3700x and 16gb

3. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

No luck still get downclocked to 5mhz during old games

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Anyone got any news?

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Older info pointed to a hardware restriction so the attempts at forcing a higher minimum clock speed just won't work.
    Newer info links ULPS to part of this behavior but mainly for D3D11 and D3D9 hitting CPU limits by being single threaded is very rough so DXVK Vulkan wrapper or just waiting on AMD to either have hardware with this improved or a driver workaround which so far that hasn't happened though D3D11 clock speeds are a bit less erratic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/f5s1ls/rx5700xt_frequency_jumping_updown_my_fix/

Witcher 2 seems to be a fun one in particular, 15 - 20 FPS no matter what, 60+ once DXVK does it's D3D9 -> Vulkan wrapper.
    Plus existing results like Sekiro (D3D11) and from my own experiences that's been mostly in regards to greatly improving stability with a somewhat lowered maximum framerate but better mins and averages. :D

That's this project.
    https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases
    And it's latest builds.
    https://git.froggi.es/doitsujin/dxvk/-/jobs

Not entirely supported on Windows as it's intended for a Linux environment but it certainly improves things for AMD particularly Navi though not all games will be compatible and the newest builds draws upon later Vulkan extensions from 1.2.140.0 which AMD does not support yet for the Windows drivers.
    (Included runtime is 1.2.131.2 I believe and 1.2.135.0 is available from their website though it doesn't do much on it's own if the drivers don't support new extensions but is backwards compatible. https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home Runtime only, not the full SDK.)

EDIT: With games like Minecraft, Witcher 2 and a couple of others and a few for D3D11 too that are heavily CPU bound it shouldn't be hard to replicate and confirm the issue but so far you either get unstable performance (And hopefully not unstable drivers too.) or you try DXVK and if it works it could be a stabilizer or a FPS boost or a bit of a what moment wondering why performance is now 4x or 5x better ha ha.
    (That's rare though but 30 - 60% can happen for more problematic titles as can a -10 -20% but with better stable averages or a higher minimum.)

HD64G and Akakiy like this.
  6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    What about locking the GPU at P3 or P4 state as minimum before playing an old game and then unlocking it back so the GPU can idle out at P0 levels?
    [​IMG]

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That works on Vega and earlier but not Navi though for Vega it could really help with the stability on P0 by having P1 as minimum and at times performance but downclocking is common and happens on NVIDIA too but it should never drop to near idle or inactive speeds like what's happening in some titles for Navi here.
    (~3 - 30Mhz at worst, few hundred once it jumps above that and then around the Gigahertz treshold above that I believe and once above that it keeps closer to actual expected speeds.)

PrEzi likes this.
  8. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Ahh I see.... Thought it also works for Navi cards, thanks for the enlightenment :)
    (and btw - on the picture I've posted you can see my "workaround" for the black screen issues on VEGA64 Liquid /// locked at P1 and set it at 852/810 preventing the card from reaching idle clocks which are from time to time unstable resulting in black screens under 2020 driver branch. 2019 was ok in that matter) .

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  9. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

This shows the spikes random
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    LocoDiceGR likes this.

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    New driver today?

12. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    No Win 2004 = no new driver

13. Sentenced

Sentenced Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    So, are Intel developers fools or something...?

14. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    Yes?

Strange Times likes this.
  15. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    no

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    They just released new driver ahead, nothing unusual

17. TUMIK

TUMIK Active Member

GPU:
    RX470
    20.4.2 now (WHQL)

MyEinsamkeit and LocoDiceGR like this.
  18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Sorry you are wrong. 20.4.2 is now WHQL, If anyone interested.

Im gonna wait for 20.5.1!

19. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    actually, i edit my post because i was trying to delete it so i just no lol. sorry yea WHQL is out. I'm waiting for my new video card today, should be here soon. Asrock Phantom 570 8GB OC gpu. been wating for it since 9am :(

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  20. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I won't say no to any new driver, old, new, signed, unsigned. Fresh is always more fresh than previous one regardless of our point of view.