Games that you would like to see remastered

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by alanm, May 23, 2020.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Motorstorm 1/2, Forza Motorsports 1,2,3,4, GTAIII, Lands Of Lore Franchise, ME 1,2, Outrun 2006, Wing Commander 1,2.

2. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Heck yeah

They are, but a remaster would still tickle my fancy. I can't explain my level of disappointment with later games in the series, especially Inquisition. Watered down bullshit trying to beat Witcher 3 at its own game.

Agreed, I absolutely loved ME2.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    That reminds me, a remaster or remake of both X-Wing and TIE Fighter would be cool.

Fond memories of both.

Mentioned it earlier in another thread but Interstate 76.

I'd also like a new / modern Lemmings game.
    Sidescrolling though but apart from that as modern as can be.

XP-200 and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  4. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    True!

Just wouldn't expect that from someone like EA. Disney should give the SW copyrights to CD Project Red. :D

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Mass effect 1

Witcher 1

Dragon age origins

The first two i would like to see a complete remake of, with everything remade to be on par with later games in the series... controls, combat system, etc aswell as visuals - story in those games are amazing, everything else feels and looks super dated. Dragon age origins just needs a visual remaster - if they can just hit the visual levels of the 2014 dragon age inquisition, that would be amazing.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Better yet LucasArts should be reforged and retake the rights!

7. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    I feel that the STALKER trilogy with a modern, multi-threaded engine would be immense. I would also love to see The Witcher 1, 2 and 3 redone in a complete updated trilogy package with all the modern efficiency I'm hoping they will be utilising for Cyberpunk 2077. Witcher 1 has never run smoothly on any of my various machines and it just puts me off playing it.

8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I think if they were to do ME, it would be the entire trilogy (kinda like announced Mafia remaster). I would definitely shell out some money for it, provided they finish ME3.

Apart from that KOTOR 1/2 would be great. It was one of, if not the, most favorite RPG ever for me.

metagamer likes this.
  9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Yeah i will take them all, but GOG has us covered until we get them, but as of late i have been enjoying WC over the last few days as i just found out about Munt, software emulation for the Roland-MT32 in these old game that had midi music, and it is awesome, if you have them you should give it a go, they have never sounded so good. ;)

AsiJu likes this.
  10. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    How about a remaster of The Last Ninja (C64 / Amiga era)?

An open world action adventure with either 1st person or 3rd person view would be awesome. Maybe we start off as a teen whose parents were killed by samurais or mercenary warriors and an old master teaches us what we need to bring justice to those responsible.

ninja3-002.gif shadowwarrior_pc_review.jpg

cerebus23 and XP-200 like this.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    System Shock
    Dead Space 2
    Supreme Commander
    Far Cry 2 (to include vital gameplay adjustments: option to disable malaria and respawns of places you captured).

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Oh neat, must give that a shot!

I remember how in awe I was when the old SB16 card was replaced with a Sound Blaster Live! that could do General MIDI (MPU-401 I think) in hardware.
    SB16 MIDI implementation was, well, what SoundBlaster cards at the time had... Adlib synth or FM synth I think and not the best even then.

I really wasn't expecting a new sound card to make that much difference in already-then quite old DOS games :)
    (Live! was the last card that had direct / native Sound Blaster compatibility in DOS I think).

XP-200 likes this.
  13. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    ME games are extremely playable ( 2 & 3 ). id love for a remaster but the focus should
    be 90% on the first game and 10% on the follow ups. i did around eighth\nine full trilogy plays,
    and its impossible for me to enjoy the first game anymore, it aged. the game-play aged a lot.
    the second game is like a fine wine.. very playable and still looks just fine.

well another two strong titles id love to see getting a remaster -

MDK2
    Heretic ( a remake probably )

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    already happening.

15. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Last edited: May 25, 2020

16. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    .....and HALF LIFE : Alyx (PC Version) - MASTERED;)

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  18. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Damn it, this is turning out to be quite the nostalgia trip. Some games that have been mentioned...

• Last Ninja (C64)
    • MDK
    • SupCom
    • KotOR

These could all do with a remaster, some to a lesser degree. Actually, while Last Ninja games were amazing on the C64, I don't think I would play them now even remastered. But yeah, nostalgia :)

In fact, the more I'm thinking about it, I don't want my all time favourites remasterd. They're my all time favourites and I won't play them any more. And I won't play them even remastered, because they would probably disappoint me these days.

Actually, here's one I don't think anyone mentioned. Dune 2. That I would play. Because there's barely any RTS games out there. With a few QoL changes, I would easily put a lot of time into that. And HOMAM 2. With some nice cutscenes to tell the story and a high res remaster while staying true to the original's art direction.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I rememebr the jump from a adlib card to the digital wonder that was a soundblaster card, was like moving from wax disk to CD. lol

But you need give Munt a go, it is fantastic, i was skeptical about how they could emulate the MT32 but what a job they did with such a small programe, amazing stuff, and moreso when you see Mt32 and sound canvas going for £300. :eek:

AsiJu likes this.
  20. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE
    The first Deus Ex and Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed.