Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Time to refresh this thread. Lord Vader, your car has arrived. Sold the GT-R.

2018 Audi RS7 Performance :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maddness, TekkMarine and pegasus1 like this.
  2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Well, it's been a while gents. Idk about you guys but I got awfully bored being locked up in my house so I did a pretty big overhaul on my vette. I put a Texas Speed N/A LS3 Stage 2 cam and long tube headers on. Just got it back from the dyno today. Lets just say, entrance ramps put a big smile on my face.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Fun times! Looks like a Mustang dyno sheet so probably makes a little bit more on a dynojet. I still have the R8 and only change was I added an exhaust to the RS7 pictured above. It's officially baby hauler duty now that I have a 4 month old. Runs low 11s at around 125 MPH. Crazy for a boat of a car.

Mexico ramp...

TekkMarine likes this.
  4. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Yes sir, Mustang Dyno. Still have to go back to the tuner, I think he forgot to turn off a few of the O2 codes... not sure how tbh.

You definitely have some sweet toys :)

5. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    https://imgur.com/AiU7uoi

Here I am in front of my new car. It does 0-60 in 30 seconds flat, if the engine doesn't blow up first. And yes...I always pose with an AK74, headlamp, and NV gear.

6. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Yeah easy fix by tuner. As for toys thanks but only two of them lol :p

[​IMG]

7. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Yeah, he confirmed he accidentally fat fingered a rear O2 sensor code. Totally still have those ;) Just a little irked that I have to drive 80 miles out of the way to get that fixed.

I'm definitely jealous of that R8. That V10 is next to the LS in terms of my favorite sound. That thing has to be a riot to whip around.

8. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    It's a riot I drive it every day. My wife and I split duties between both cars. I love the LS cars but I like AWD grip more. Your setup is perfect. Bolt-ons naturally aspirated power. I enjoyed mine when boosted but reliability went south but more importantly so did grip once I put the supercharger on it. Ripping the tires loose at 60 MPH was cool the first two or three times. After that, it was an exercise of frustration.

Anyways, yeah the R8 mileage is climbing. Foreign territory for an exotic...passed 25,000 miles the other day.
    [​IMG]

9. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Dang this thread is still alive. Always interesting to read what some of you have been up to, I know N0sferatU has been cycling through awesome cars over the years. I think scheherazade also had a GTR but I don't know if they're still around.

10. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Tbh, I'm really happy with the end result. It clearly lost some power down low but I'm actually ok with that. 1st gear was already just a "get moving" gear and second you had to pedal it since it would start spinning the tires until about, idk 40-50mph? Now with the cam you can floor it in second and just let it ride all the way up and it just starts to feel like a rocketship. Plus cam + headers + tune was only like $2k all in rather than the supercharger kit starting at like 6-7k by itself. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the extra power would be fun if you're regularly going 100+, but I don't.

11. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Yeah it's in my list of forums i cycle through daily. I just don't do much gaming anymore so I mostly just lurk on here.

Exactly. It's on the edge of usable power. Trust me, learn from me the easy way, don't go boost / nitrous. Enjoy it where it's at. If you want to go faster on the street get something with all wheel drive. :cool:

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    [​IMG]

New to me!

13. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    My 2020 Type R GT the day after i took it home.
    Had it a month and put 400 miles on it, FWD and a manual gearbox never felt so good.[​IMG]

14. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Totally forgot about this thread...tuned the RS7 a few months ago. Hard not to with a boosted engine.

Stupid for a huge 4 door sedan
    0-60 2.83 seconds
    10.808 @ 127.8 MPH
    10 second family sedan :p

pegasus1 and Agent-A01 like this.
  15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    How are you liking it?

Going from a corvette or a GTR to that you must miss the old car's power

Airbud likes this.

16. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I still have the R8 lol...but in all seriousness over 700 HP and 700 TQ it's a brute. Down low it's very similar feeling. It's up top where the GTR was faster.

Airbud likes this.
  17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yea these recent german cars are seriously quick off the line.

We have a 991.2 911 turbo built by AIM that is seriously quick. If you were around here I'd let you ride in it.
    It is stupid fast from a dig. Think I timed draggy 0-60 in 2.1s on the streets, spinning bad.

I've been in some fast cars but not felt anything like it from a dig. I wish everyone could experience it lol

Airbud likes this.
  18. CharlieWex

CharlieWex Guest

GPU:
    What is it? I don't want to download it, I'm afraid it's a virus.

19. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    That's awesome. You gotta be on an R compound tire to be pulling those numbers? Best I could muster with a street tire was 2.5 0-60 in R8 and GT-R. Both traction limited at that point. I could pull a faster 60' on the drag strip but never took the telemetry data to get the 0-60 but obviously faster 60 foot time is a faster 0-60. I know that feeling and yes it's like a pressure in your chest. Accelerate faster than gravity can drop you in a free fall is intoxicating. :cool:

Got pics of the 911.2? :D

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yeah those tires are R888Rs

I actually got some pics of an R8 with it lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a little video
    https://imgur.com/sHek2ra