Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 23, 2020.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    MPC-HC 1.9.3 is out with some AMD users fixes!

HD64G, itpro and JonasBeckman like this.
  2. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    "Added workaround for AMD driver bug to make VP9 hardware acceleration work on compatible AMD GPUs"

Is it only me who's got the feeling, that our AMD cards have drivers that are based on workarounds, hotfixes, glue and sticky tape that holds these things together?

3. Damien147

Damien147 Active Member

GPU:
    RX470/4GB
    Sounds like you have a point.I have this problem for months and it always happens with MPC-HC.I use d3d11 for decoding.Latest gpu drivers made my problem worst and I rolled back to 19.9.2 but it still happens.DDU doesn't do anything.I removed my cpu OC yesterday just in case and it happened again with MPC-HC.Haven't touched anything else on my system but my gpu(rx 470) comes factory overclocked.I know it's not me now.
    I played stupid in the past and lived with that but now I had drive errors and corrupted files because of that.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    GPU accelerated video playback can be problematic I think there's been a number of workarounds for MadVR back and forth although VP9 here only applies to AMD Navi10 and newer and a few of the APU's with the updated video hardware.
    It's a long standing issue though from multiple browser problems including crashes and numerous dropped frames at higher video resolution modes and AMD's drivers going back and forth in stability overall though browser hardware acceleration has somewhat improved.

Speaking of browser from what I read AMD's Electron build or Chromium framework in these Adrenaline 2020 are from 2019 with various unaddressed security flaws and they also reduce overall security policies and have disabled sandboxing so if you are using it know that it can be a security concern and AMD made it even worse by lowering some of the settings that would have helped and that's not been updated nor has a newer core been used over that default one.
    (Nothing especially new with that last part though, Origin, UPlay and also Steam are fairly infrequent in updating to newer Chromium Engine Framework / CEF builds though they do update them every few months at least.)

EDIT: Will be interesting to see what this refresh of Navi10 can do to, hopefully it's various smaller improvements so it doesn't feel like the existing Navi's were something like a test run even if it's a new architecture but anythings possible although I'm expecting mostly improved clock speeds and possibly some minor tuning although there could be more.

Clock behavior in regards to GPU load and CPU load would be a possible change, no longer dropping to really low framerate figures in CPU bound scenarios or certain D3D11 titles too and then there's probably some other bits that could do with some overhauling.

Or it's just going to be a more efficient GPU die and with a higher achievable clock speed average and theoretical maximum of a few hundred Mhz or so.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    LocoDiceGR likes this.

5. Damien147

Damien147 Active Member

GPU:
    RX470/4GB
    I am just waiting for the new WHQL.I avoid optionals.If it doesn't work I'm gonna try to flush the toilet,it might get solved.o_O

6. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

if only a driver could stop my downclocking in games

7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    you can now lock clocks at full well if your on navi

8. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

ive tried everything what is this thing you talk of?

9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    via wattman you can lock the clocks at full

just set the sliders all the way and hit apply in global performance settings

BlitzTown likes this.
  10. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Screenshot (3).png

BlitzTown likes this.

11. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

Passus likes this.
  12. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Anyone still play Rise of The Tomb Raider? Just installed it and have constant stuttering every few seconds, is annoying tried changing everything from dx12 to dx11, my only guess is maybe this driver version?

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Personally haven't encountered any stutter in rise of the tomb raider. What is rest of your hardware? Post your specification pls.

HD64G and gabsvm like this.
  14. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    I7 2600, 8gb ram y rx580 8gb msi armor. All other games run perfectly fine.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    get more ram.

16. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Ram usage is as low as 3gb. I previously played the game about a year ago with a lot worse card and worse cpu, didnt have that. Didnt try 19.12.1 yet.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Get more ram, theres no way in hell that ROTR as well as windows itself is only using 3GB.

[​IMG]

it stutters because its paging.

HD64G, itpro and OnnA like this.
  18. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    As others already mentioned, tomb raider uses a lot of ram and 8GB is definitely not enough for this game. When you have insufficient amount of ram (or vram, if you will face similar problems in other games) you are getting stutter. I'm using 32GB so i didn't notice anything like this. I recommend for gaming in 2020 at least 16GB as many games can use over 8GB easily.

Passus likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Both Shadow and Rise of the Tomb Raider use up to 10gb ram and 6gb vram. It would be a miracle playing it on less without some heavy stuttering even on lower settings.

HD64G likes this.
  20. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    I think i got the idea, even showing about 4.5gb ram usage (just after loading a save game) can be memory compressing and hitting page file as well? It get the stutter even if a leave the character still without doing anything, not moving camera, anything, same consistent stutters, only game doing that. Already tried 19.12.1 and didn't work, so i guess you all must be right, thanks for clarifying it for me xD