Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Churches and places of worship are officially open in America, with certain guidelines recommended. I would personally love to hear whats happening in other countries around the world since guru3d has a large global community.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    cowie likes this.
  2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    its about time they let churches open that was just wrong what they were doing.
    you could go to a packed store with very packed parking lots but they would not let churches have parking lot mass while in cars with windows up and using the radio to listen

ok in the most death care provider state
    lets see they had a boat they did not use trump got them vents they did not use they had a few places built and did not use them wtf?
    oh right most died in a nursing home

https://thecity.nyc/2020/05/brooklyn-field-hospital-in-red-hook-shuts-after-no-patients.html

ok so then if the hospitals can handle it open up some more things don't think of other reasons to keep it closed that's just wrong
    most real experts say it was a better idea for all of us under 50 to have some contact to have "herd immunity" over that age can stay home.
    when the kids get back in school it might be like we never closed at all
    heck for that matter it could have been the same if we never closed at all
    no one can factually claim any different

jbscotchman likes this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I know right? I don't understand the logic of allowing 200-300 people to go shopping in Wal-Mart, Costco, etc at the same time, while forcing a small business with maybe 5-10 customers at a time to shut down. We're getting into the recovery period now, and people should be asking questions as to how and why all this crap started.

cowie likes this.
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Not sure why you'd put Churches and two of the worst public lying sinners on the planet together... This is not about religion. This is about pandering for votes any anyone with any lick of sense knows. How much more evil will Trump and his minions foster on us? Why is this blatant political nonsense allowed by your ilk?

XP-200 likes this.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You're not sure of the logic of FOOD being an essential and meeting for your religion is not. Utterly absurd comparison. Why do religious folks feel their right to meet is more important?

XP-200 likes this.
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Why you gotta hate so much? This is NEWS! I am posting NEWS about the global pandemic. If you wanna make it political then that is your issue.

cowie likes this.
  7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You have a point. We cannot claim your opinions are factually wrong. We can assert however, that your opinions are not fact and in fact go against the established science of nearly 2 centuries. And you cannot factually claim any different. In a nutshell: I prefer the science over your unfounded opinions.

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    So basically you don't want to hear anyone's "thoughts" about the current global situation? I bet you're a big hit at parties.

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    steve.gif

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2020
    cowie and Carfax like this.
  10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Are you a doctor? How do you know what is treatment and what isn't? HCQ is also used as a prophylactic for malaria btw, so I doubt his doctor would have prescribed it to him if he didn't think it was beneficial in some manner.

Actually Hemi you should take your own advice and stop regurgitating nonsense from left wing news outlets. I'm going to make this real simple for you. You need a prescription from a medical doctor to have access to HCQ in civilized nations. So unless your doctor thinks it would be of benefit for you to take, you won't be getting any HCQ. So saying Trump is advocating that people take it is ridiculous.

Whether you get HCQ or not should be between you and your doctor end of story.

Well I can tell you one thing is certainly factual; merely uttering the word Trump sends you into a mouth foaming tizzy! :D

RzrTrek, cowie and jbscotchman like this.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    You're right, it doesn't treat Covid-19 because it doesn't really have much if any antiviral properties. Instead it treats the side effects of the viral load on the immune system which can cause an out of control cytokine storm in certain types of people with weak or irregular immune systems. This cytokine storm is potentially MUCH more dangerous than the virus itself.

I don't think he ever said HCQ was harmless. No drug is completely harmless. HCQ is generally well tolerated however and it really only becomes dangerous when taken over very long periods of time and/or in exceptionally large dosages.

cowie and jbscotchman like this.
  12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I was just bringing up a point on how even the experts do not know they take a guess that the lock down will help stop the spread that's great I hope it did .
    I think the opinion part is what happens afterwards
    you can start at the beginning with the models they used to see how science is not always fact based.

and man you really need to get over your tds the next 4 years of him may put you over the top

well I love how science is so much like the corps of engineers
    they mean well but some of the time cause unrepeatable environmental damage that is not taken into account
    sort of the consequences of the lock down like putting people out of work for good shutting down some small business forever a lot of people heads are getting all screwy and sad people getting fat and stuff
    science you say no thanks I will stick to what I see when it comes to doctors
    shall I go though the lies and past immorality of that profession?
    I will save it there is no need for me to try to get others to feel like I do
    I have strong faith I do not care about others faith sorta thing

13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Going to buy food is essential. Going to church isn't. I wasn't aware of mass from your car scenario though, that should be fine, of course.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    food of coarse but

they put criminals back on the street you can go kill your unborn baby go get booze and weed
    and they know best? I think not
    I could understand to close churches before when at its peak
    in the states they did not let them try the parking lot thing I thought that was a great idea but they busted the guy
    a pastor in miss. I think it was if you look to google has the links

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yeah, all I read in relation to churches was people wanting to pack out churches for mass. But the car thing is ok, absolutely.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hey cowie

Yes it did here in Slovenija, we acted kind of soon.. if we did even sooner (1week earlier) it would be even less..

I mean I live close to outbreak Italy and we closed everything, except esential stuff and kept people with distancing and madantory masks in shops and now it ended completely.

Masks are still mandatory for shops but i think they will lift that soon as well.

We didnt have any more new cases for the last 4days, no new deaths either.

76k people tested and 1465 had it, neighbour Croatia had ~60k tests and 2030infected and they dont report new cases either anymore.

So guess we can go to the sea there in the summer.. Itay on the other hand, I would still avoid. And keep border locked until its fully cured like by us.

cowie likes this.
  17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    We went over this a month ago. He said there was no harm in trying it, you got nothing to lose and it's not going to kill you. The man is not doctor and shouldn't be listened to at all when it comes to medicine.

big ROBOT bill and XP-200 like this.
  18. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    A couple of posts were deleted and one edited.

Anyone moving forward referring to others as stupid and or using vitriol won't be tolerated.

cowie, Amaze and anticupidon like this.
  19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Science is nothing BUT fact based. The issue is when people mix opinion with science and that's what is happening an awful lot at the moment.

20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I live in Italy... and I totally agree with you. While there are some region and some sub-regions where the virus is mostly disappeared, the situation is all but uniform (eg: in Lombardy has like ~50% of the daily new cases of the entire country and it is like ~1/6 of the Italian population). Starting with June there should be allowed to travel for non essential needing in other regions in most of the - if not the entire - country.
    I also would avoid letting people coming from countries where the R0 index is greater than our but that would totally kill the tourism so no-one here take the risk to say this..

-Tj- and cowie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.