Rumor: AMD To Release Beefed Up Ryzen 3900XT, 3800XT, and 3600XT

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 23, 2020.

1. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    if you have a 3800X yes, updating to an eventual XT is obviously just going to be an headache.

2. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    I thought these latest ryzen chips were a waste of time to oc, so what exactly can they do with this? throw efficiency out the window for another 100mhz? tighter memory timings by default?

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well I was looking for a 3900X and it would be my 5th Ryzen CPU on my X470 Motherboard but if rumor is true I will grab Ryzen XT and then a Ryzen 4000 in September or whenever it is released.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Hmm this is interesting. Depending on when the price drops happen and if the price is right and if this rumor is indeed true I may pull the trigger on a 3900X.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Number one, get a better attitude.

Number two, modules aren't the same as "glueing cores," even Intel is adapting this setup as well. It makes sense for performance and cost.

6. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    If AMD was only gluing cores, why SMT/multithreaded is superior to Intel's true cores? That's a myth busted long ago. Unless you take for granted interconnect speed response does matter. Only ten people on these forums will care and talk for...memory ns kind of latency, they get a meaning through useless numbers. Real life, those numbers are negligible. You will not suffer "responsive" losses.

7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    You don't know what you are talking about. Microsoft has improved performance for AMD's Ryzen CPUs over the past couple of years. The same thing goes with game developers as well as other types of developers. Also if you remember Intel did the exactly the same thing with the infamous Pentium D cpus as well as the Core 2 Quads as well. Intel didn't run into performance issues with the Core 2 Quads. Do your research before posting next time.

8. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Does seem like a strange tactic to me. To get back at intel intermediary. Its a lot like the stunts Nvidia pull over AMD GPU.
    I duno if that's stinky or what. Ok I guess.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The thing is, the phrasing about supporting socket AM4 through 2020, can just mean that the socket will still be there. And it will be, Zen 3 is still on AM4. There won't be any lawsuit, because there is no ground for any, quite clearly. AMD's relationship with the community is a valid point (hence the backtracking), but I don't think that they would have even announced that they're taking it back, before checking with their legal department.

10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    To be fair you must be crazy to update from 3800x to 3800xt i do not suspect those would be more than 2-5% faster considering that this will cost you anything more than 0 usd then is already not worth it :p

11. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Some people probably would just to have the xt, but after buying the x570 because it was the only chipset to support pci-e4 and then they go and add the b550 albeit with limited bandwidth i wont be upgrading again for quite sometime.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I find these products unlikely. Zen2 in general is selling very well, Zen3 is around the corner, and although Intel's 10th gen is leading in gaming charts, that's not without some caveats. So - I don't see why AMD needs to bother with this.
    As for the whole thing about core configuration, I find that unlikely too. A pair of 4+0 CCXs is unlikely to be better than a single 4+4 CCX.

To elaborate on this point, the Zen2 APUs still haven't been released yet. If AMD never intended to support Zen3 on AM4, they could have dodged this whole chipset mess. Keep in mind, they promised to support the chipset into 2020. They didn't say until recently what specifically was going to be supported.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    HandR likes this.
  13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    This is fantastic news for everyone involved. These are probably the best times to be into PC hardware in a long time.

Legacy-ZA, vestibule, Venix and 3 others like this.
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nah, the 2010's when Intel was charging 400$ for a quad core, those ware the times. :p

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    No, these are the times. Best times to be alive if you like value for money. And it's only going to get better.

Legacy-ZA and Undying like this.

16. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I wonder if I can glue a 3700xt to my 3700x and get a 3950XTX out of it......

vestibule likes this.
  17. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    new cpu model to sell only 2 months before next series?

don´t makes sense, or ryzen 4000 definitelly don´t be out before november

18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You'll need this.

gorilla-super-glue-269-c3_1000.jpg

19. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I just so happen to have some up in the cupboard.

jbscotchman likes this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Then you're all set. 3950XTX incoming!