NVIDIA INSIDER Preview Driver [450.99][Standard]

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, May 20, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    which games, some just aren't going to be sharpened anymore because of how they work.

2. peteli

peteli Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    HDR is still messed up with those when playing movies with MPC-HC and MadVR set to auto switch to HDR. :(

chinobino likes this.
  3. fatezeroart

fatezeroart Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Dragon Ball Z Kakarot,Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana,Tokyo Xanadu eX+ and many others,I don't know how they work, but Image sharpening in all games worked very well in 442.xx drivers,now some games not working in new drivers.

4. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I watched HDR content yesterday with madvr, there was some stuttering when the player was kept in windowed mode but after transitioning to full screen the video played fine.
    HDR also looked fine quality wise.
    After closing the player, the screen went back to SDR mode automatically as expected.

5. peteli

peteli Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    It didn't for me, the behavior was the same as the previous insider release. My monitor switched to HDR as soon as I launched an HDR movie but the movie still looked as if I was playing an HDR movie without activating HDR in Windows or my monitor hadn't switched to HDR. Player windowed or full screen didn't matter.
    I reverted back to the 445.98, which play HDR fine when the player goes to full screen.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you probably have the player set wrong.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-445-98.431837/page-2#post-5782576

MestasDeejay likes this.
  7. peteli

peteli Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  8. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Did you check "Use NVIDIA color settings"?
    You need 10 bit output:

Set 10bit under MadVR native display bitdepth as well, make MadVR pass-through the HDR metadata to the display.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no you don't, the madvr fullscreen switch controls the desktop depth automatically and is the preferred way to move to 10bpp, nvidia's controls are invasive and cause issues.

@X7007 how did you have your madvr/mpchc setup?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    looking at that, you have Menu's and stuff enabled for fullscreen mode, You can't have any sort of GUI enabled, it prevents madvr going into directflip

you're forcing the display to RGB btw, HDR content is 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 at best.

11. peteli

peteli Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    I set this settings in Madvr to 10 bits, I set to 8 bits in the screenshot to see if it changed anything but it didn't. With my compositor/Nvidia color settings set to default 8 bits, Madvr should show NV HDR 8 bits RGB FULL, yet it shows that it's in 10 bits. Would have been easier to fix if MadVR didn't remove the method selection to use to switch to HDR. I'd have switched to OS HDR to auto switch to HDR instead of using the NV HDR mode.

You mean the color settings in the Nvidia panel? It's always set to "let other applications control color settings"

edit:

The menu were for the screenshot. It doesn't matter, menu or not it's still the same issue.

I reverted back to the 445.98 once again, not gonna try to waste time to fix an issue that seem to be related to madvr and not the drivers. HDR worked fine when I used the OS HDR mode switching to HDR in windows settings or played HDR games. Thanks for the help guys.

12. halflifer

halflifer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Dumb question but since this is a zip file how would I install it?

13. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Went back to 445.98 as R451 coming out soon, 450.99 is stable but i wait for the final build.

14. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Unzip it then look inside the driver folder where it say setup.exe

15. halflifer

halflifer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I tried but said installation failed or cannot continue rather

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Does the INF support earlier builds of Windows 10 just in case you aren't using the new builds for Windows 10 20H1 or the number itself which would be 19041.208 as of the latest cumulative and if it does not then maybe that is why it stops.

EDIT: Stuff like this for example.
    NTamd64.10.0.1..18362

So build 18362 or higher but nothing earlier for that example.
    (Which I believe would be 19H1 or the current main Windows 10 build until 20H1 here comes out fully instead of just insider channels or manual installs via installation media.)

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    %NVIDIA_A% = NVIDIA_Devices,NTamd64.10.0,NTamd64.10.0...14310,NTamd64.10.0,NTamd64.10.0...16299,NTamd64.10.0...17134

JonasBeckman likes this.
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well that answers that then.
    So either some other error or a mix of the standard driver and trying to install the DCH driver which I believe isn't normally supported unless the setup software removes the standard driver first and then proceeds.

EDIT: Without a error message or other log info it's kinda hard to just estimate what might be failing here.

Could also try to go via the device manager and install through the INF but that would skip the other software the setup utility would be handling I'd imagine.
    (Or a complete driver cleanup first but that's rarely ever required other than for specific troubleshooting.)

19. halflifer

halflifer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Hmmm I think I'm just going to wait for the new nvidia driver and windows version since it's only a few days away

20. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Manuel@NVIDIA
    If a user toggles on the Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling setting, the NVIDIA display driver will accept the users request however this feature is not officially supported with NVIDIA display driver 450.99. Official support will come with an upcoming Game Ready Driver update.

Source: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...dows-10-may-2020-update-20h1-feedback-thread/

After testing If you do a clean install of 450.82 then upgrade to 450.99 Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling works but clean install of 450.99 Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling uncheck when i reboot but upgrading from 450.82 to 450.99 it stay check.