ASUS Announces the W480 Workstation Series

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 19, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ASUS  announced the W480 series workstation motherboard and workstation system designed to showcase the full potential of the latest Intel Xeon W-1200 processors. The ASUS W480 workstation series is...

ASUS Announces the W480 Workstation Series

2. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    I really like the looks of the motherboard but that case is awful, it looks from the past decade

3. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    Actually, I really LIKE that case, conversely. I don't mean to offend, but maybe the target demographic is a bit older. I like a computer case that still looks like a typical office computer case & have no issue with it - provided it's well built, cools decently enough, and is easy to work on.
    I wonder where (outside of the Asus system itself) I could find such a case.

4. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Silverstone and in win both have good options of cases with this mor traditional style, pretty good quality also.

I'm more into the compact and ultra clean design bandwagon.

It is cool when we all have different options to pick.

5. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    Thank-you, and very well-put. I will definitely have to give In-Win and Silverstone sites another browse. They both make solidly built cases.
    I am fine with the traditional case layout provided there's enough room for both cooling and my large hands, so I can work on it easily (bad back, bad joints). Of course a full-tower looks out of place next to your entertainment center or otherwise in the living room, so clean/compact/otherwise minimalist approach works well for that.