Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Gary Franchi is the man.

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Apples and oranges man..

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Obviously...

When its you or your loved ones, you're gonna listen to your surgeon.
    But when its pandemics you're gonna think with your own head. And you will listen to a politician and a computer engineer with a penchant for conspiracy, with whom you accidentally agree with on politics. Like above :)

Like a month ago another doctor vent viral in Germany. Saying that lock down is too much, unnecessary, you know the drill...

He gave an interview at the begging of 2008. The journalist asked him what about the incoming economic crisis. His answer: What crisis?
    The guy is an economist.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I just have an open mind is all I can say. ;)

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    But not open enough to just drink pineapple juice, and put some cucumbers on your eyes like Steve Jobs. Or to shoot vitamins like Dr. Kook above is suggesting.
    When it's you or your family on the line. You'll want the best professional in the field, and you will do as he/she says.

6. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Why tho'.
    We've been including to influenza numbers nursing homes when it happens. Yes, we have detailed seasonal statistics and various medical systems in place for flu season, influenza and the sort too. When we have somebody dying from some flu complications, we add them to the count. Why would not be doing the same with COVID?
    You have to understand that old doesn't mean dead or soon dying. People live 20 years or more after having cancer in their 70s. People live with tuberculosis. They survive multiple myocardial infractions. They survive multiple CVAs, that turn significant parts of their brain to mush. They survive decades on dialysis with renal failure.
    And then they get COVID, and you lose them in 10 days. Some just have their immune system go nuts, some slowly suffocate due to ever invasive pneumonia, some develop clots that end up in the wrong spot and make their organs fail. Many of these people would live 10 years, 20, even 30, enjoying life, seeing their grandchildren grow and going to school etc. Instead, they are ended in weeks.
    What should we count them as? Death of old age? When their lungs are half-rotten from the viral pneumonia?

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I can see it from both sides but when the hospitals are laying off people because there is nothing else besides er and virus that should say something.
    I live in one of the most effected states and in my area it was bad but I know no one that has it and many I know in the medical field say its gotten much better
    some even say off the record that the"as soon as your on a vent your as good as dead" was because many were being killed by untrained staff that were forced to do this
    I think some states took it to far.
    for one how come I can get shoes in walmart but not a shoe store?
    same for clothes or other goods?
    time to get things slowly but surely opening up
    some states now say no way not till a cure that's where the "right" is justifiably upset

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Paranoia.
    There are many many scientists, picking a few and using that as an overall basis for dissent is ridiculous.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I never said ignore them, i did word it poorly but i meant just separate the stats.

If anything it would help as if there is neglect when it comes to nursing homes that would highlight it while also giving a more accurate reflection of how well social distancing is doing in the general community.

People are panicking, i get that. I just don't think many/any of us have ever been so actively involved in deciding what is an acceptable amount of dead people.
    We live in a time where these things have already been decided for other high risk things and we have been conditioned to either accept the number is ok, or we have buried our head in the sand and just don't think about it.

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -

I've been outside everyday as we aren't under martial law in my country, but I'm starting to feel very depressed and alone, because of the hysteria around me and daily reminders to "keep 6 feet apart" in every store, subway and people I know are suddenly ocd about everything, afraid to hangout, shake my hand or talk.

If you want to wear a mask or quarantine, be my guest, I respect your choice, but don't try to coronashame me, or force me to live by your standards. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think the only way out of this is for people to figure out the bigger picture and global implications of the shutdown, but maybe that's asking too much.

11. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    There is no freedom without responsibility. I would expect conservative/RW types to understand this better. Your ancestors fought wars and faced incredible deprivation. Please don't complain about 3-4 months of partial lockdown, masks and loneliness. You will have your freedoms returned to you, even China reopened, slowly. Nobody would shame you if you were a bit more reasonable for this period.

12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    About Vaccines in fact they have been doing so much to destroy our health it is mind boggling as for Bill Gates - go sign the petition on white house petition calling for an investigation in to the gates foundation. Very important to sign this. Vaccines are a Eugenics and sterilisation programme - Covid 19 is an umbrella term to operate a fake pandemic - the NWO have used this for a power grab to bring in marshal law to crash the economy to bring in their merciless cruel tyrannical one world government against your wishes. Social distancing is to keep people apart to stop an uprising. The NHS are being given funds for deceiving people about the deaths from Covid - the media are being used to terrify the public it is a Psyop and your governments are looking on and allowing and facilitating fascism.

You should write to your PM and tell Boris or Trump or what ever puppet that so called runs your country and tell them that you know this virus is not dangerous it is a complete deception and a fraud and you want them to apologise to the people and tell them the truth and to totally open up the country and round up and arrest all these criminals who have terrorised the public into fear of their life to make them believe a fraudulent criminal scam to gain total power over everyone on this planet. Gates is the front man for the NWO he has lost all credibility any army man or police man listen up who ever who tries to enforce this injection on humanity is on the wrong side of history and is committing genocide on the people - you must stand up and say NO I will not follow that order.

This is the time that you must draw a line in the stand and stand up for truth and justice and to save humanity and every decent thing we have and do not allow these wicked criminals to follow through with their plan to kill billions of people and enforce one world government using thugs and bullies to terrorise the people. They want all businesses and the economy to fall to create 100% dependency on them and their monopolies who own the food water and energy you need for basic existence which they will deny you if you do not do as they wish. Is that the way you want to live! Time to wake up there is no happy future for anyone if you allow these people to take you over - no safety no peace just deprivation and hell on earth at the hands of the most evil bloodlines ever born. Time to draw your line in the sand and say NO and mean it. What have you got to lose as your future will not be worth living. Think about it.

rflair and RzrTrek like this.
  14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That was a lot of words for a maybe.

Lockdown is unofficially over where I live (Glasgow East End)
    Weather was quite good and the streets and stores are mobbed.
    Think it was quieter pre lockdown as how many of these people would normally be at work, every day feels like a busy weekend now.

Edit: I'm as cynical as they come when it's comes to Covid, but people like Kanej2007 makes me wish there were eugenics programmes being implemented. The world needs culled.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I can't tell if he's sarcastic or not o_O

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Probably not, but it reeks of a lazy copy and paste post.

I do wish people would stop with the Emperor Gates thing, he must be loving it.
    I also find it pathetic they claim how powerful these people are but ask you to sign a petition.

Next Bond film ends with a petition being signed to bring down the bad guy.

big ROBOT bill and Solfaur like this.
  17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^I have for the first time since i joined this site all those years ago actually had to start using the ignore button for this thread just so i don't have wade through conspiracy or political posts, and that way i have managed to keep the thread on its topic and easy to read through on a daily basis.

Brasky likes this.
  18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    This thread needed someone to come in and post something that is nothing but silly non sense, helps lighten the mood on what is a pretty dry and humourless topic and adds bit of comedy and lightness. Thanks man!

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF

toyo likes this.
  20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That's quite funny, he should probably tone it down a little as it's abit obvious.

toyo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.