Listing of no less than 55 B550 motherboard Surfaces

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 19, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Twitter aficionado Momomo_US has gotten it's hand on a listing of B550 motherboards that are to be released by next month. The list is extensive as it carries no less than 55 models from pretty much ...

Listing of no less than 55 B550 motherboard Surfaces

2. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    anyone has an explanation for all those motherboards ? I don't get it at all
    not so long ago we had : deluxe > gaming > entry level and that was it
    edit : I guess it has to do with the worldwide market ? so many different configs, countries, budget for so many different PCs...I watched bitwit "roasting" pc pictures sent to him and was reminded that not everyone has high-end computers or macbooks (most of the market in my country)

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  3. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    I think we have too many motherboards. It's a mess.

In the ITX range. It's still quiet.
    ASRock I think is making one ITX per chipset. I just need to refer to it as "ASRock B450 ITX" (Brand + Chipset + Size), and that's it. And there is only one revision I think (not sure about this, but I hate when AIBs creates a lot of revisions for the same motherboard. I remember all my Gigabyte motherboards had more than 1 revision. 1.0. 1.1. 2.0, etc. ).

It's also quickly updated when a new BIOS is around, generally, probably because a lot ITX of users have it.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    schmidtbag likes this.
  4. mrvco

mrvco Member

GPU:
    5700 XT
    I'm just here for the Mini-ITX B550 boards. No onboard WiFi required.

5. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
  6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I feel onboard WiFi is just there as a checkbox at this point. I don’t want it on a desktop. I’d rather get a dongle if I need it otherwise a desktop will stay put so a wired connection is much preferred.

WiFi is for laptops, tablets and phones. All my consoles, and TV’s in my house are wired connection. A gigabit router, 1000’ of Cat5e (that fell of the back of a Comcast truck) and a few switches later and the whole house is wired. Seriously did it for less than $100.

schmidtbag and Maddness like this.
  7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I also think this is too many boards. It's made worse that all boards nowadays look pretty much the same, and don't really have significantly different features.

I miss the days where we had 3rd party chipsets from SiS, VIA, and Nvidia. So much more variety, and more competition for better-valued products.

@Loophole35
    If you don't feel like (or can't) route ethernet cables throughout your house, you can also do powerline network extenders. They're not as good as pure ethernet but it's better than wifi (especially if you have reception issues). Ironically, that's also a good way to extend your wifi network.

Loophole35 likes this.
  8. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    'Fell' off.... Many a Judge have heard that sentence before the sentencing :D:D:p

Clawedge and Loophole35 like this.
  9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Yes but it was in the past...
    Deluxe was the full pack: Now it divide in the "creative" or "creator" that need speed and reliability, and the one that need all the extra gadgets...
    Gaming was little bling bling nice VRM to OC: Now it fragmented in "RGB Gamer", "RGB Hater Gamer" both of them separate in those who OC and those who will NOT OC (when you have a B450 with 3 low cost VRM as the A320 you can't make miracle)
    Entry level was the minimum at low cost: Now there is in Asia but start in EU the "cafe", half gaming but not expensive and 100% reliable, those who need a small chipset to put a big CPU because they need a simple system (in this you will found all the A320 with 9 vrm and so), and the small budget PC user.

it's like the car, Ford have done car only in black, now there is many segment and sub segment (exept in VAG that have it all tasteless... better ride a bicycle)

10. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    if we think of this industry as a ship, AMD just took the helm and threw intel off the bridge

11. obifrost

obifrost Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti
    I can imagine the hassle reviewers will have to face, kinda. Even if many boards carry over the same power phases under different SKUs, it'll still be a colossal VRM quality graph.