Giveaway: Grand Theft Auto V on EPIC Game Store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 14, 2020.

1. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Go and see Nvidia forums regarding gfn. They have flooded requests about it. As if Nvidia has any responsibility for Rockstar's greed. People would also love to play rdr2 there too. Whatever.

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Oh, don't get wrong, I think GTA is great. The game mechanics are like ebony and ivory; Albert and Costello; Cagney and Lacey; Blondes and Jack Daniels - but Online is disposable junk.

3. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Nice offers from epic. After free GTAV, I picked control (main game only) and metro exodus gold with two coupons for a total ~39 eur compared to their ~125 eur full price. (With 1 coupon remaining.)

~68% discount

jbscotchman likes this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Funny you should mention that because I just messed around with a couple public sessions. I really feel bad for the new players because the anti-cheat is non-existent. Every session is full of idiots who drop cars, ufo ships, god mode, etc while these poor noobs don't stand a chance. Oh and I will add Tango and Cash to your list.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This! Got Control and Metro Exodus for $30 dollars.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    itpro likes this.
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Still need the Rockstar Launcher, i don't see the point why such games are on other stores.

7. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    In my case it was rather simple:
    this free gem
    or
    gift from friend on steam:

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    It's a shallow, poorly implemented nuke arms race to grind as much cash as you can so you can have the latest poorly tested, buggy, game breaking content lazily sh*t on to Rcokstars perpetual cash printing conveyor belt.

This game had limitless potential and what we got is a dis-jointed free for all in which every new piece of content has barely even the laziest connection to previous released content.

Let's put it this way

When i quit I had 100mil in the bank and another 100mil in car shares (that's duped vehicles) however many garages each stuffed to the gills with actual wanted vehicles, every major add on building had been bought, I had access to all levels of military hardware... yet I am a nightclub owner that's expected to go and do flier deliveries. I want to do a car delivery I have to do it myself, I want anything done I have to go and do it myself.

I am the head of a criminal kingpin empire yet I am expected to do the janitorial work and that's GTAO in a nutshell, it has the potential to be a complex criminal empire game in which you chose what and who does what, if you need to step in you chose to do so if you want to sit back and let the underlings do it you can do that and yet the reality is that the game is as shallow as a kids paddling pool. Dangle new over priced rubbish in front of the player at a steady and constant rate and then get them to grind repetitive non sense gameplay mechanics to make enough money to buy content that proves in most cases to be worse than the old stuff.

A game with a mass of potential all p*ssed away to make a quick buck.

10. gdmaclew

gdmaclew Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX-580 4GB
    Would somebody please tell me why Epic Games doesn't have a workable "Pause" function.
    If I start downloading a game - GTA5 for example - and I have to pause the download for some reason or need to reboot my computer
    the download will get reset to zero even if I hit "Pause".
    WTF! All the other game platforms will pick up where you left off.
    Am I doing something wrong or is Epic Games a crap show?

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Man the Epic Mega sale is really tempting...On top of that $10 coupon you get. I'm not sure what to get! :confused:

jbscotchman likes this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    And Rocks
    The game is a grind, but I love it. Whats gonna really piss people off is when the next GTA is entirely multiplayer focused. Right now Rockstar the company is in disarray with Dan Houser leaving which really sucks, and the fact that they just started work on the next GTA just a few months ago. The multiplayer in GTA 5 was more or less an experiment that turned out better than they could have ever expected. At this point they're giving it away for free because they've made billions off of it while the company regroups for GTA online in 2023 is my prediction.

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    They're putting the pressure on Steam this week big time. Puns galore.

Edit: And Rockstar social club is down at the moment.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Experience tells me that Rcokstar are no where near that altruistic.The game has already been free on PSN and XBox Live done AFTER they stopped dropping new content no doubt with a view to trying to attract some new and inexperienced 'whales' in to the game. PC got it last because I doubt anyone new to GTAO is going to stick around long and invest real money once they see what a total and utter sh*t show the PC version is. Rcokstar will no doubt offset this with whatever kick back Epic gave them to allow the game and are just hoping some if any of the new folk opt to stick around and spend real cash.

15. Shaxuul

Shaxuul Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    No, it doesn't delete any download progress if you exit Epic Games while the game is downloading. If you've downloaded 5GB so far, and then exit, it STILL deducts that 5GB from the TOTAL download size of the game when you relaunch. The download size of the game is 90GB, so it will now say "85GB remaining" after you relaunch. It just starts at 0% again to start downloading the NEW remaining size (85GB). Again, if you've downloaded 50GB so far, and exit, it will say "50GB remaining" the next time you launch Epic Games. The "0%" just means 0% of 50GB.

Last edited: May 16, 2020

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Alright Sherlock, less vinegar in your morning coffee from now on please. Doesn't seem to agree with you.

Some would say giving away a AAA game is doing something right. Some would say making billions each year is doing something right.

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I think your missing the whole point of that some people got a Geforce Now subscription.

18. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    [​IMG]

Texter likes this.
  19. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    I couldn't believe my eyes when I just saw that :D I actually had to perform a double-check...

20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Civilization VI is now free on Epic Game Store, grab it you guys.