Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
  2. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    A lot of development studios have a profit-sharing agreement in exchange for lower-than-average wages. Also, they stated the lower bonuses were due to BL3's high costs. High costs = lower profits = lower bonuses. What exactly did the employees get shafted out of?

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Employees were "verbally" promised large bonuses, along the same sizes that they received for Borderlands 2... by Randy.

But, in the end, several employees have reported that they got bonuses drastically smaller then anything they received in the past.
    BL2 bonuses were large enough for staff to be able to buy houses. And Randy made a "promise" that bonuses this time would be the same size, if not larger. But instead... they are WAY smaller. Not making up for the lower the average pay, and the longer hours making BL3.

Yet, Randy took home a 12 million dollar bonus from 2K. So... a lot of the staff is really pissed.

4. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Finally an end to your GBX can do no wrong attitude...a little late, but welcome nonetheless. The ugly bonus thing (always nice to kick your team in the teeth during a global pandemic that already has them on edge) could lead to promising ex-GBX team studios to follow in years to come . Production values were high, they'll want to crunch for their own IP when necessary, so a recipe for quality games. Hopefully this will lead to some decent single player games as well...just not from Gearbox Studios...

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Try DX12, it may help.

6. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    That's just sad and very greedy.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah. But since it was a verbal promise, they have no legal ground. There's no written contract/agreement to hold up... so they are screwed.
    There's been word from several GBX employees that resignations are being strongly considered by a lot of the staff.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I wouldn't be surprised if Randy Pitchford acted like Randy Pitchford.

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well right there is the first issue, Randy promised it and it's not like Randy isn't a well known serial BSer.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Season pass is on sale on epic store if anyone got it there. Just got it myself the dlc are meant to be pretty good

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Damn , i just read the article on Kokatu , feel really sorry for the devs here.

Time some dev stands up and says being touched several times inappropriately #metoo
    i mean they could all cover the story right ? lol

13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Last year, I got this game when I bought a Ryzen 3600X. But had to play it on the Epic Store because of the exclusivity deal.
    I enjoyed the game and was looking to buy the season pass, but I never found it under 40 euros.
    A week ago, I found the Super deluxe Edition (base game+season pass) for the same price it's now on the Epic Store. Best of all, it was for Steam.
    So I bought the game full game for the same price that the season pass is on the Epic Store. Copied the save files from he Epic Store and placed them on Steam.
    Everything is working perfectly. Now I have achievements, the 2 DLC and the skin packs that come included. And best of all, I can uninstall the Epic Store and have one less launcher on my PC.

AsiJu likes this.
  14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah it's a bit nonsense. Last time the epic sale rolled along I could get super deluxe, with the £10 discount voucher I have that expires in a month, for 25 pence less than the cost of the season pass

Vouchers don't apply to dlc for no apparent reason

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    30 hrs in and only now I realized you can invest skill points to any skill tree...

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Oh yes, my legendary loadout is getting better, now got a Sleeping Giant (with Corrosive).

Now running Hand of Glory, Night Hawkin, Sleeping Giant and Monocle.
    Have a few others in backpack as well like Duc.

Edit: nvm

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  17. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So over the last couple of weeks I've jumped in a few times to try different aspects of the new content to this game and my conclusion is that GBX have utterly ruined this game now.

Post Moxxi DLC I had a decent max level Amara build with a nice load out that left enough challenge for the game to be fun.

The first warning signs were when I tried the Hammerlock DLC. Nothing to shocking, new max level so required a few new weapons to take on the higher spec bad guys but the signs of trouble started to appear when I reached the Wendigo Boss. Let me be clear this wasn't a risky or tough boss but I still haven't beaten it. The reason is because it is a total engaging bullet sponge. Evene elemental spec weapons it's meant to be weak against did nothing. I ended up getting bored and quit opting to return to the main story line.

Well what I did is I fully quit completed Doom Eternal and then ploughed 3 weeks in to a new colony in Rimworld not giving B3 a second thought.

I came back a week or two ago to see what this new Mayhem / Cartel content was all about. Again prior to leaving build and load out was decent but not OP but now the game is just a clusterf*ck of total and utter non-sense. Regular chod for the most part seems to fall the same as before but their seems to be an unusual number of weirdly immune to everything bad guys but on top of that you now have enemies that spawn in at random that have weirdly unusual abilities and are total bullet sponges and on top of this the number of things going on on screen has reached just idiotic levels.

Last time I played I would kill a bad guy and some freeze ball nonsense would then spawn in and start homing in on me and keep following me exploding a constant freeze effect. Again no real risk just bloody annoying. I also decided to take on the Nog Boss, this boss I rinsed on M3 on may last play through in about 3 minutes or so, this time round I found that he had also become a total and utter bullet sponge. Not difficult or dangerous just bloody tedious.

I just quit out and this time round some random enemy jumped in to the middle of an already hectic fight. This guy had some spinning 'crypto shield' thing going on around them, was immune to all status effect weapons, had not one but two shield bars and was a total and utter bullet sponge and this is in the middle of a totally different fight I was already engaged with.

Now I don't know if this is as a result of the new Mayhem system, which I left unchanged and still at M3 or it's part of the Cartel content or if it's part of some other random weekly content or it's part of the constant tweaks buffs debuffs and general messing that GBX constantly seem to be doing to the game.

What I can tell you is that their is way way to much going on in this game now and that the game just isn't much fun any more.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The Cartel fights can be really tough, haven't unlocked Mayhem but having a couple of guys in most encounters looking like these VR 1980's low-poly tech gear wearing gang members popping in plus one or two of these popping a teleporter on death spawning in more makes for a very tough fight.

One of these is usually a Bad Ass and there's a high chance of a equal level or higher fight against a boss that could be almost anything.

Got murdered by the power rangers last day when I popped one of these dudes and a rainbows worth of named bosses summoned in and proceeded to open fire, other than that entertaining little WTH though disabling the event could be useful because it's everywhere and the quest is recurring. Actual location and the RNG to which of the three gangs pops in and bosses is neat but the mansion is a slog and the boss seems to repeat with a low chance of some of the new legendary gear, really nice stuff if it drops but the grind and low chance means I've not done too many actual runs and the VR neon guys still spawn in regardless of whether you've collected the obligatory unlock items or not.

EDIT: Also Jacobs could have done with a heavy gun but eh Vladof is a neat alternative even if it often looks like a chaingun but works like a artillery piece with optional underbarrel extra boom thing of some design. :p

[​IMG]

The Jacobs Punt yeah it could have worked....bit small for the game though considering how much of the screen even the pistols take up heh.

Although since the shotgun crit is already blinding using a big punt gun type variant above even that would make normal vision impossible with their whole crit and awe (Or rather aww, I can't see.) thing.

EDIT: Bah the Calypso twins and character designs are what they are, deleted as I'm not a fan of them but oh well.

Maybe the DLC will have some better primary characters than those two. :)

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    If you are doing anything else but Cartel, just disable the Cartel event before you start a game, there's a toggle for it (it is annoying yes).
    Once you've unlocked Villa Ultraviolet you can fast travel to it anyway so there's really no benefit in keeping Cartel content enabled outside.

Those randomly spawning in enemies are part of the Cartel event.

Also check your Mayhem modifiers, you can actually reroll them now and they stick which is a major improvement IMO.
    And you can do this via ingame menu now, no need to go back to Sanc 3.

I also found myself a bit weak at first but once you start getting new gear it gets better.
    However I must use an appropriate element weapon so keep swapping back and forth, can't really use any single one too effectively.

20. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I gave it another go, perhaps a bit ragey with my last post. I flipped the Mayhem mode up to M4 as this gave the bad guys a big head mode and a 100% critic hit buff and the connected elemental laser debuf didn't seem like much of an issue. Switched to the Wedding Invitation and started popping heads from range until I could grab some new gear. Ended up with a decent slime machine gun with 56 ammo clip, a really nice machine gun with a random status effect on reload and a shot gun called 'The Lab' that chews through bad guys and allowed me to switch back to up close and personnel combat.

I opted to redo The Wendigo fight and still think that it is a bullet sponging POS of a boss battle. Took me half an hour to beat that guy down and I ended up using all but 200 rounds of submachine gun ammo and in the end I got nothing for it. A scatter of blues, not a single legendary, nothing in the two chests just outside the layer either. Then twenty seconds along the next map I find one of Hammerlock's hunt targets, a Yeti. Takes me thirty seconds to kill it using The Lab it drops a legendary pistol and then I get a legendary rocket launcher in one of the two chests it's guarding.