Rumor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 and 3080 Coming Q3 2020 + Specs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Chance that 3080Ti from this rumor has same price point as 2080Ti is tiny at best.
    That thing is twice as big on node that costs more.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    17th's presentation will be announcing the DGX A100 and Tesla A100 products.

Fox2232 likes this.
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    It'll probably be more expensive than the 2080ti was. That's my guess. AMD of course will have no answer to this.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    NVcache to fight HBCC (which barely or never worked to begin with)

If they deliver DLSS 3.0 as indicated there ^^ , they'll have only consoles to fight. That would be what they call a disruptive technology. But that's a big if.

6. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Oh how totally wrong those leakers were with Turing. Why would that change with Ampere?

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yeah, the leaker who said Turing would be called RTX was wrong.:rolleyes:
    No one should ever take leaks seriously, but leaks with unique details not generally strewn all over the internet, and not based on assumptions from known details, may merit a closer look. The RTX leak was such an example.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Is this a leak or just a guy guessing?

""This isn't the pascal version of Turing" it's a multipurpose architecture" - what does that even mean? Pascal was used in Tesla/Quadro and Geforce lines - it is a multipurpose architecture. If it's referring to the above lines about "it's not just a die shrink" Pascal wasn't really either. There is a bunch of underhood changes in Pascal from SM configuration, to front end improvements, memory compression, etc.

Most of the gaming line up 'could' be on Samsung 8nm. Could be or is? Sounds like a guess. The original rumor about Samsung was that some of the lower end parts will be on Samsung's 10nm technology - which makes sense and something we've seen before. I don't even believe Samsung ever announced a high power variant of it's 8nm process anyway (the current one is LPU - optimized for low power device SoCs).

"DLSS 3.0 works with any game that uses TAA" - I've seen this rumor before on reddit, it stems from the idea that TAA requires motion vector data to work, similar to DLSS - so Nvidia could just "hijack the motion vector data from the game" but it doesn't make sense to me. Every engine and arguably game has it's own motion vector data - no TAA implementation is similar, some are drastically different. I can't imagine this being serviceable on any real scale - you'd have to create a different auto-encoder tuned for each game and the reinjection of that back into the game would probably be a nightmare. I think it would be easier for Nvidia to just convince developers to drop a .dll into their game that's standard instead of creating hundreds of profiles for each game, each resolution, arguably each TAA setting (in games that have multiple TAA settings).

NVCache - Nvidia already has this? It's not called NVCache but HBCC allowed AMD to address a unified memory pool that had tiers - CUDA has been able to do this since I believe Maxwell and it's been improved in every implementation since. AMD demonstrated video scrubbing with an SSD on chip (did they ever release that card?) Nvidia demoed the same thing like a week later. I don't even think AMD's HBCC works on newer drivers on it's gaming cards. Quickly googling it because I was curious shows lots of posts about it breaking various applications.

alanm likes this.
  9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    With the worldwide economic collapse, no chance I believe it will cost more than a 2080ti.
    Maybe NVidia will push for a once last halo product before everything takes a huge dive, and pull it off.
    But it either stalls now or after the next release.
    They will be taking a real risk raising price now.
    Where we end up in the next year is very uncertain.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is a AAA game developer with industry contacts.

This guy is full of s*it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    People who buy cards like 2080ti have money. I don't know. It'll certainly have affected Nvidia (and AMD) that manufacturing and everything that goes with developing a new GPU has been somewhat halted.

Do you really see a 3080ti launch at less than $999? I don't.

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    When considering launches, at launch the 2080ti was $1199.
    Aftermarket cards that came later were less (and more), initially the cheaper ones used a lesser chip (non A-die).

13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    You're right, I thought the launch price was $1200 but wasn't sure so quickly checked and the top search showed $999 for some reason. Still, I don't see the 3080ti going at say $1099 and definitely not at $999. They would fly off the shelves at $999, no doubt.

14. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    I am thinking $1300-1400 for a 3080ti.

Any higher and they will not sell many in the present state of world economies.

15. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    That is already completely ridiculous !

Back to $699 or bust !
    Well, maybe $799 for the "Founders Edition", but NO MORE.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah that would be ~ 850-900€ here, still a lot imo.. But better then 1100€ for sure like now 2080ti.

I think it will either be 899$ or 999$, normal rtx3080 699$.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its cost will be based on material availability, production outcomes and competition from AMD.

Is it correct to say the majority whining about card costs are Americans that are used to low product prices from companies that underpay their employee's?

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    And what people will pay.

What kind of comment is this?
    I'm not American and am not lacking in money.
    I have common sense though.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I see more Europeans in here complaining about price than anything. Nvidia will charge what the market will allow, same with AMD. I don't expect anything less.

ZXRaziel and Mufflore like this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    And what people will pay.

[​IMG]

One that is aware of the human cost of the hardware industry.

Cheaper production lines mean workers employed in the production, support and sale of that product are often paid less, Nvidia is one of few companies in the USA that not only pays above market rates for employee wages, but also any contracted organisation they employ, be it catering, janitorial or hosting for events.

People typically refuse to acknowledge the human cost of tech development in their pursuit of cheap tech - and as history demonstrates, cutting costs at either side leads to bad products and worse support.

Take a look at how piss poor gigabyte and asus RMA support can be when they literally destroy a card themselves then blame the user for it, happy employee's don't go that route.

Last edited: May 8, 2020