Windows 10 [20H1] Build 19041

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Dec 11, 2019.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I just clean installed this on a Dell D620 T2300 dual core 4GB of RAM. No issues at all. 32bit of course. It actually runs better than XP. What is slowing it down is the HDD. I have a 500 GB SSD on the way. Resume from standby is about 2 seconds. I've searching around for a cheap laptop because so many streaming programs and media programs won't run on XP and of course security. For what I use it for, streaming audio, it's good for another few years. I'd read previously about folks having major issues trying to run 10 on this system. Not anymore... Wow is all I can say because I was expecting problems. 20200504_231557.jpg

toyo and eGGroLLiO like this.
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Thinking of clean install or should i wait for next week

3. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    I didn't understood, you want Microsoft to clasify BattlEye, ESEA anticheat and etc. as spyware/virus?

1% you're right, ESEA had a virus build in for mining or something like this, so they should be careful which anti-cheat they give permisions.

99% dude.... they can just select some and give them the needed permission, thats it

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Far As i concerned ALL build updates have to clean installed, "upgrades" never work right for me always some issue in the end or something breaks. other do not have problem, obviously ones mileages will vary, so depend on how it usual works for the person. last build I upgrade from 1809 to 1903 via "upgrade" OS is usuable but it did breaks thing on me that I had to fix and some are still broke like parts of "setting" app. I just didnt feel like Clean installing the OS even if only take me hours at this point to do clean install and get everything back on my system ( mostly cause I have all the stuff saved on back up drive ready to reinstall). "upgrade" usual take 40+ minutes to complete any way and clean install only slightly longer. so in end do what is easier for you i guess

5. kpetrov

kpetrov Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Youtube video decode not woriking ot this build. Tested on Chrome and Firefox.

6. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Working for me on Firefox 77.0b3
    CPU usage is like ~10% 8k@60

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    reinstall video driver

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    My system is to first make sure OS is backed up. Then do the upgrade install and run it for a few days. If issues, then fresh install. If not, run for a week. If good, backup and move forward.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah the upgrade installs usually work well enough though some legacy bits can remain in registry and such so a clean install on occasion isn't bad for troubleshooting purposes or just having a mostly fresh system start again.
    Though as above the video GPU driver never seems to fully carry over, rest mostly does but a cleanup and reinstall of that is almost always beneficial for whatever reason.

10. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Last edited: May 12, 2020

11. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    19041.208 is what OEM gets, i just got .264 after doing a clean install meaning this is the build everyone will get next week.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    is next build windows 10 offical yet?, think I want to do clean install of the new build to get off the

KB4556799 CU that BSoD my system that cascaded in to bigger programs yesterday sooner then later which ended with my bios corrupt cause nothing would load so i had reset cmos after I was able to get it to do that then I flashed it with the current bios for my board which I hope fixed that issue any corruption I have no wishes to replace motherboard cause I will just windup re build the whole pc which i dont want to do.

Seeing KB4556799 has been making it round as being know for causing BSoD (which i knew about before hand cause it wasnt installed when it was reported) but I didnt realize that was what was installed 3 day prior to all this happen. And I cant remove that update no mater the method it fails usual with no element error.

13. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    It is the RTM build, perfectly usable but Microsoft will probably release a final CU next week. ISOs are available on MSDN and other places like rgadguard and WZorNET

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  15. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    For now only OEMs and devs got it as an ISO which has identical checksum to .208 build. Public release comes later. You can use UUP Dump to create said ISO, it downloads files directly from Microsoft. Or you can get same files next week. So suit yourself:)

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I installed this last night and finally finished installing everything today.. I'm pretty sure it's the correct version, but just to double check is this the correct 2004 build?

[​IMG]

17. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Yep. The only thing that is still "broken" is SSD TRIM / defrag tool - it resets to "Never run" after each restart. But I read that they fixed it in the fast ring.

KissSh0t likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Okydoky.. good to know :>

*edit*

Other than the Cortana "app" being renamed to Search I can't really tell what is different in 2004 compared to 1909.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    you mean the schedule optimize in (optimize drives) defrag program? there have been builds were weekly worked and monthly didnt and vis versa. so it would not surprise me if it now get reset to never on restart, i have had it set to monthly cause weekly optimize has not work for me for a few builds now.

So "cortona" ( it name in processes tab) but in (details) is name searchui, now says "searchui" in both (processes and detail) or search in one and searchui in the other ?

it always annoyed me the the process name never matched the actual files name like it does for most every other program and app atlest for all the apps and programs i have installed

out curiosity clean install or upgrade?

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    @tsunami231

Cortana / SearchApp..

It's like Microsoft don't know what to call it xD

[​IMG]

I did a clean install.