Assassins Creed Valhalla is officially announced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Maddness likes this.
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Still haven't even finished the first one...

Prince Valiant likes this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The only one I've played is Black Flag which was really fun. I'll probably get Odyssey one day.

Brasky and XenthorX like this.
  4. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I couldn't play through the first one either it was to repetitive. Second or 3rd one was OK (I can't remember which one was which anymore) but not good enough for me to continue after that.

5. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    Odyssey is the best AC they released a rating over 90% is well deserved.

fantaskarsef, SniperX and Maddness like this.
  6. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Yep, I absolutely love Oddyssey. Was a blast. I'll be grabbing this for sure.

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yep, call me a weirdo, but I'm one of those people who played every single AC game since launch (well, except the mobile stuff, as I don't game on a phone) and liked all of them. I know that since Origins/Oddyssey the game has shifted from the "classic" formula, but for me it's an improvement (open world, RPG elements, dialogue options). I love history and the mix with fantasy and science fiction has been on point. Not to mention the huge and beautiful maps with so much attention to detail thanks to the new engine. Aaaand finally as a big vikings era fan, even though we all saw this one coming with all the hints and leaks, I'm super excited for this one too and can't wait to see how they bring this chapter to life!

DocStr4ngelove and Maddness like this.
  8. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    Is it still the same character in the "real world"?

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That aspect of the game is pretty cool, I think.

10. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I was sad and lost interest when they killed Desmond.
    Despite that I've been trying the games: Origins has an interesting story, but performance on PC is dogshit. Syndicate was awesome though.

11. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    Nearly cried when I uninstalled Odyssey

There is no way in hell I'm uninstalling Witcher, massive crush on Yennefer, haha fml :D

Looking forward to 2077, MSFS, Crysis...currently playing Fallout 3, again (lost count)

Solfaur likes this.
  12. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Origins and odyssey are excellent, lets hope this one with more gore and more spectacular powers and fights, and enjoyable gameplay.

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Still not finished AC the London based one....hell i have not even started AC Black flag but i recently grabbed all the DLC for a few quid. lol

14. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    I would of like if the did a Spanish one from the Movie but no directly from the movie

15. eTheBlack

eTheBlack Active Member

GPU:
    GigaByte R9 280X W3X OC
    Shame it wont be available on Steam (at least on release date).

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050

XenthorX and Solfaur like this.
  17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    See, if this was an Uplay exclusive I wouldn't think much about it, as I like Uplay quite a bit (and bought games there in the past). But the fact that they do put it up on EGS on launch, yet not on steam, pisses me off. I have the entire AC and FC collection on there, with ACU and FC4 being the exceptions.

I'll see what other games will be out when ACV launches, and if I'm free, I'll get it on Uplay... if not, well, I'll wait for all DLC and bargain price and get it later... on steam. :rolleyes:

18. dec72

dec72 Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 2070S
    Those pre-order prices at ubi are hilarious, but i will surely get it at some point.
    Played all AC, the last 2 sure were different but still fun and beautyful gfx-wise, Origins and Odyssey drained over 400 hours from me, more then any previous AC.
    But the name AC, was already weird in Odyssey with assassination, now vikings its going even more warrior then assassin.
    I want it anyway.

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The London one, i stopped at 1/4 of the game, it's just too much of the same form the previous one in Paris, was boring, even with the couple new gimmick they added.

Black Flag was great (that was also my first one), the one in Paris was cool, nice parkour mechanics but i did miss the ships battles. Odyssey started great but i randomly stopped, think i'll pursue it between now and summer.

edit: hyped for this one!

XP-200 likes this.
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Syndicate had some neat ideas plus Starrick and other high tier villains compared to the general villain gallery in the series even after these games.

Possibly also the most British villain since Blackadder or what to compare with, ha ha. :D
    (But the game itself in-between story moments can drag.)

From what I hear of the changes (No leveling but there's some power level so leveling?) it sounds like they're revamping what people found lackluster in Origins and especially Odyssey but it's still padded out and will have another gigantic world.

It also has the usual promo screenshots but it looks fancy at least and there's already a collectors edition for pre-order. :p

[​IMG]

As to the screenshots well nothing new there since 2008 or so but eh it works.

Far Cry 2 back then.
    [​IMG]

And this game.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And all the different editions as per usual now with various extra online versions too.

[​IMG]
    (From: https://www.resetera.com/threads/as...x-one-xbox-series-x-and-stadia.194925/page-21 )

EDIT: That said the promo shots aside from the posing and stuff Ubisoft does for their marketing media is closer to what you get in the game proper so that's different and nice to see a lessened amount of touch-ups and such.

EDIT: And I can't find the concept art but there were some armor designs so yeah full Wagner Opera viking fashion might also be a thing. Maybe dialed down just a bit.
    (At least until the premium items come out from Odin Online or whatever the web shop thing will be this time. ~ )

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Maddness likes this.