NVIDIA Announces GTC 2020 Keynote with Huang on May 14th

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Nvidia is definitely "all-in" with AI, and Deep Learning technology. But it's ultimately all about being profitable within the current confines of speculative technology. As a side note; I recently purchased a new (fossil fuel) vehicle, and the inclusion of AI and Deep Learning is apparent; "lane keeping system", "auto head lamp dimming", etc. It almost immediately dawned on me that it won't be far into the future that we'll get in a vehicle (if we can afford it!), and it will ask us what our desired destination will be - self-driving vehicles are of course already in full development.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  3. Xdrqgol

Xdrqgol Member

GPU:
    1070GTX
    Nice reflection over things, but it will not be " near " in the future... we will NOT live such times, unfortunately. Yes the transformation has begun for some time now, but until we will see everywhere, ONLY cars full AI controlled...it will take a long time! Some countries have such a poor infrastructure that some technologies don't work, like for example: "lane keeping system"

But I sympathise with you, definitely the future holds a lot of awesomeness.

4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    This will be streamed on YouTube, right? No live crowd, I hope.

5. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    Lots of awesomeness in the future with AI in the cars, yea right. Will be awesome when the car has no input but your voice where u set a destination. Than the AI will do the algo, and restrict the access there for you, because... whatever. Same as with cashless society which goes along with that. Its just a deepening of the human imprisonment.

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Building it into cars will takes many years before it's accepted, if at all. I propose that the way it'll actually work is you buy a HCB (Human Companion Bot) and it'll do the driving for you instead, as well as other stuff.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Disagree. I think we will see it in the next 10 years easily. Probably closer to 5. Obviously not over the world but definitely in most modern countries.

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I'm calling it, he will be wearing a leather Jacket, with a leather face mask...a backwards NY baseball cap and will do some freelance hip-hop moves, and will then rap to the audience.

"My name is Huang, and I gotta big {insert pun here}"

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Don't forgot those sweet tats

nvidiatat.jpg

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Jeeeeeeeez - ru4real?

Get the F to the G...my big toe has more muscle than that.

jbscotchman likes this.

11. kaz050

kaz050 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW RGB
    So is dx12 and uh.... ray life that took you a whole what was in 10 years or uh maybe 5 that DLSS too.. that whole show was about ray this ray that, oh wait nvm new cards and how much they cost now? 1,500 maybe a little more take or give #Nvidiapricehype is more real then A.I.

12. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    And his big toe has more brain than your head :D

Loobyluggs and Astyanax like this.
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Oh Damn.gif

Astyanax and sverek like this.
  14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yes and people in the late 80s early 90s and even in the 2000s thought that devices you could hold in your hand, use as a GPS, phone, game console, computer, video playback, music player etc. etc. etc. with large screens weren't going to come any time soon as well.

Does 'phone' mean something different in the future?” - Best quote from Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

No one knows how quickly these items will come, but once the technology is more then proven, you bet it'll ramp up fast as no government wants an endless "transitional period"

Thunk_It likes this.
  15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    'respect, that actually made me LOL for real. Congrats.

Sadly, no amount of brains can successfully merge leather Jackets and taste in people past a certain age...

jbscotchman and sverek like this.

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It doesn't look like he's flexing. Also he's 140000 years old. He gets a pass for a non-flexing fossil.