GeForce Hotfix Driver version 445.98

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes!

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

You don't get 10bit in windowed, has to be fullscreen (or using directflip / compositor bypass)

Windowed will always do format conversion, compositor HDR only does 8bpp
    Forcing 10bpp on the compositor was a wddm violation and a source of performance issues on the desktop :( (Microsoft complained)

nvidia is using the 11-bit lut in this case though, so you couldn't get banding in the video

[​IMG]

madshi addressed this back in 2018

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228&page=2508

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    gx-x and Redemption80 like this.
  3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    It CLEARLY says It's FULL-SCREEN D3D11 :D

**** EDIT: I've found the issue Using anything else But DISABLE causing HDR to not working or D3D11 not being 10bit.

Also, it worked fine with MPC-HC without doing anything at all.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    xD, glad you found that!

Yeah, the OSD is composited so it interferes with flip mode that madshi was talking about.

also it says fullscreen windowed :p which is typically composited fullscreen and not exclusive

5. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Don’t get me started on the USB C driver, my 2070S doesn’t even have one because MSI decided to rip it off. It still wants me to install it, I just disable it in device manager without seemingly any side effect.

6. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Ha yes, it still works with 455.98!! Lol, somehow the Layer setting came back

They change how HDR works. you need to go FULL Screen to have it Enabled, till you do it would just stay SDR.

7. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    Very smooth gameplay on Red Dead Redemption 2 with these, better than previous WHQL 445.87

8. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    What the hell, why do I have GPU Scaling option now??? I'm not supposed to have GPU scaling, I have TV that does Scaling properly. not it doesn't even do Display Scaling but instead GPU scaling even when Display is selected!!! what the hell Nvidia
    I am using DR.HDMI4K which says Intel on the display, leave that. it doesn't matter, it just worked fine exactly before with 442.75 and I didn't have GPU scaling.

DRIVER IS BROKEN to pieces. Display scaling doesn't work whatsoever!

[​IMG]

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

gpu scaling is better than if not the same as Display scaling these days.

https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?p=46190&sid=f851f6ec4f730f946f09ad1ce7d8d7ee#p46190

but the sharpening / gpu scaling setting can make this not work.

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I don't want GPU scaling at all. my TV has it's own Scaling specifically to use in 3D, anything that doesn't just mess it up. Also more input lag and Sharpness look like hell.. Also, it doesn't matter what's better, there is no choice. Even if I select Display it doesn't work. at least I can have the choice to choose what I want and it would work. but not forcing GPU no matter what I choose, that's just failing.

I have LG OLED E6 TV. I use it manily for 3D. I must Display Scaling working. 1440p looks like crap with GPU scaling and I didn't even test how 3D would look like.

442.74 works just fine

[​IMG]

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    "TL;DR: Modern GPU scaling at the high end GPU level, is more consistent guarantee. Monitors have more varying lag in GPU scaling (brand X versus Y can have hugely different scaling lag). But with GPU scaling, you get peace of mind of knowing lower scaling lag that is consistent regardless of what monitor you use, in scaled resolution being virtually identical in lag to original resolution. Remember: This is not yesterday's slow GPU scaling."

try restarting the driver service and changing it back to display, i've had the scaling options sometimes not swap over even going from display to gpu scaling on the first try.

12. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I already installed the old one.. can you test if you have Display scaling working?

Watch this about Display Scaling

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    my display flicks black and goes to the selected setting.

but I don't have your specific setup, especially not the DRHDMI thing.

apparently restore defaults on that particular window has fixed this for some

I don't acknowledge Freethy as someone that has an idea what the hell they are on about in comparison to @RealNC and the blurbuster guys, but his (Freethy's) experience is with a Radeon which probably hasn't got the same scaler performance that Geforce parts have had since 2015+

14. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    @7007 Did you happen to install RTX Voice on non-RTX card? I had this 8-bit stuck issue until I turned it off and rebooted.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So.. guess I'll just stick with 442.01 for a while longer..

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I don't actually need the port but devices with missing drivers send my OCD to overdrive, heh.

Astyanax likes this.
  17. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    I dont think 980TI or 1080TI (which I currently use) have any benefits on newer drivers maybe a little optimizations here and there but nothing much.... maybe I'm wrong but I always use the latest driver / hotfix etc

18. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    I dont need 445.98 i am on 450.82 for couple of days.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I didn't have any real issues with newer 445, but them bugs introduced with it in general are too much.. Expected NV to get their crap together not release betas hotfixes all the time, over and over again.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    ... ?