Battlefield V will get its last expansion in June

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Oversemper

Oversemper Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7
    So, the whole WWII comes to an end and soviet union, who lost about 25 million people, took Berlin and liberated osventsim, never participated in the DICE story.

rl66 and gdallsk like this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Who is even still playing?

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    it's USA's revisionism, like in the movie "dunkerke"...

5. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    I log in to play with friends and my brother. With mates it's entertaining and good fun, but that's true for many things. It's an enjoyable game but I think it's one of their weakest entries. I hope they pivot their internal resources and do another 2142, it would give them the creative freedom to do whatever they want at least.

6. Great White Shark

Great White Shark Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    EA/DICE totally disrespected the Battlefield community with not dealing with the hackers and cheaters, not providing ANY Anti-cheat software to deal with it and then not even listening to their players/clients that this person has cheated, even describing what happened, providing photos, videos etc. On top of that they have not support the Battlefield Community by providing enoough content for Battlefield 5. Firestorm is one of the best parts of Battlefield 5 and where the majority of hackers/cheaters go to, and its sad to see such neglect to that part of the game which I truly love even to this day. But when you Firestorm game ends with a headshot from miles away with a shotgun and your wearing your High-end heavy armour, leaves a sore taste in your mouth. The company based in the U.S who provided the so-called Anti-cheat software should have been sued by gamers like when `World of Warcraft` had a similar issue with the anti-cheat software company who worked for Blizzard were sued in a landmark case that meant the company lost the contract for not protecting gamers safely. This should have happened for Battlefield 5, but it didn't. Most of the Battlefield gamers have left and gone on to play Call of Duty: Warzone which is free to play and has constant game updates and Activision has banned thousands of accounts for cheating. And it doesn't stop there, Activision are releasing an update that will put cheaters in a game with cheaters only. Activsion should be applauded for listening to their users, while EA/DICE should never be allowed to carry on with Battlefield 6. With rumours that it will launch sometime in 2021 on Steam and Origin, I won't be buying it on Origin. But I would if it were on Steam, at least there is some sort of anti-cheat software called `VAC`

DICE had a good reputation many years ago when it was Battlefield 2,3 and even Battlefield 4, but now I'm afraid its reputation is tarnished. Maybe it would be better if DICE had gone their seperate ways from corporate EA, but Its obvious they are sadly tied into a hideous contract with them....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  7. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    Couldn't have said it better, cheating was the absolute deal breaker for me. Earlier BF games were some of my all-time favorites on PC. The pervasive cheating with no attempts to remedy the problem came on slowly over the years. It just boggles the mind that EA/DICE never did anything about it as it got worse and worse. I mean the game is primarily multiplayer... people stop playing if cheaters are ruining it. It shouldn't be the case that the best part of a BF game is the single player campaign.

With BFV, there were no methods to stop cheaters, only EA/DICEs in-house solution which doesn't stop or catch cheaters and makes reporting painful. No third party anti-cheat was implemented or attempted as far as I know. Last nail in the coffin was removing private servers before launch, basically ensuring that cheaters would run rampant with no anti-cheat and no moderators to ban hackers.

I held out hope this game could be fixed for a long time but I am done with it. Instead of fixing problems that would lead to more players enjoying, owning and regularly playing the game, EA/DICE instead churned out piles of expensive and pointless cosmetics that only served to destroy the bit of immersion left in the series. On top of all that, they shoehorned the firestorm battle royale game onto BFV after a year of hype and significant development resources sunk into it. Soon after they stopped updates to it, meanwhile keeping it locked behind a paywall instead of free to play like the much more intelligent approach with COD MW / Warzone.

Just terrible decision making at every single step post-release. You could point out the TTK changes, the advertised features never implemented, or the "Deluxe" edition that included 3 weapon skins, or check out any post on /r/BattlefieldV from the past day. Needless to say, they have truly butchered this franchise. I've owned every previous BF game and find it hard to envision a scenario where I'm willing to spend money on another one.

8. Great White Shark

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream

Thank you. I totally agree with you and you made some good very valid points. Yeah I forgot to mention the TTK changes like you so rightly pointed out. They will need to do something drastic to bring us back to the Battlefield community. We both know what that is, but the EA/Dice bureaucrats will just shake their heads with dismay. I can't work out if they just did not have enough staff to manage the problems, or was it just totally being ignorant to the situation. Like you, I've played Battlefield since 1942, from the very beginning, so its a sad end to the series.

SamuelL421 likes this.
  9. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    BFV or 5 i'll call it never made it on to my system. For the first time ever i missed a BF game.

Was still disappointed with BF1. It's an ok game but for some reason i don't enjoy it as much as any of the previous BF games.

Maybe it's just me getting old.

10. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Simply BF 5 is a crap on DOA.
    I have played it but not even close what it could be.
    Only a money maker stuff.

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I'm just not feeling it with BFV. Uninstalled.

I can tell you my opinion and it's only my opinion based on my own experience.

I've played online with dice employees. And they do cheat! I mean blatantly cheat. A squad of dice employees were well known to mow down an entire team. And it wouldn't be just normal cheating. I'm talking about entering an match with extra tanks, planes and other assets.

So, I'm not surprised nothing is done about cheating in general. And if you post a thread complaining of cheating on their forum will get locked/deleted. 2nd offense can result in suspension, etc. It's one of their best known secrets. Oh, and don't forget that one dice employee got banned in BO4 for cheating.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...eing-so-good-it-looked-like-he-used-an-aimbot
    Sure, he got reinstated. But as it was told it wasn't because Activation was wrong. But because they didn't want the publicity. As he took to media to complain he was "wronged".

I recall back in BF3/4 days when you took out a Dice Employee you would instantly get their tags. Those were fun times. It took a lot of bullets to put them down though.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    Maddness, chainy and SamuelL421 like this.
  12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    That doesn't make any sense. How are you sure they are DICE employees? Can't a cheater appear as if they are a DICE employee?

EDIT: Did you even read the article you linked? Or watch the embedded video? You can clearly see how he plays. He's not using an aimbot.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    Solfaur likes this.
  13. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    Hopefully it means either a Bad Company 2 Remake or 2142. Proper remakes, not a new spin or additions out the wazoo. I'd like to go back to basics of what made Battlefield, well, Battlefield.

Maddness likes this.
  14. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I'd buy Bad Company 2 again with a graphics overhaul. Definitely my fondest memories in the series. I wonder what's happening to Origin? I saw that they will be releasing some games on Steam and their access pass. Maybe sales haven't been great on Origin and they want to boost their stock?

Maddness and Solfaur like this.
  15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It was posted on their forums at the time they were playing with us. Why would I need to say that to you? Do you have any evidence it wasn't dice on the server I was on at the time they announced they would be?
    Also, do you think he got banned based on 1 single gameplay? Do you truly think that's how bans in general are administered (based on single instants)? His ban was based on an investigation into his game play. What was reported was in the link, there are others. Apparently, you really don't know any better.
    The point I presented is simple, they cheat! And they are the only organization that I know of where complaining about cheating in general can result in suspensions or threats of suspension.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020

16. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    I can’t speak to this with any detail or certainty, but a few years ago I was getting fed up with cheating in official servers (late BF4 / early BF1 days) and joined others who were posting about it on the EA/DICE support forums. The constant refrain was “we’re working on it”, “it’s not a problem”, “don’t ‘name and shame’ players with screenshots or videos”, or “X number of accounts have already been banned”. It was never taken seriously by moderators, reps, or devs active on the forums. Apparently it has always been relatively easy to speak with support and get unbanned as well.

My guess is that the lack of region locks and general apathy towards cheating from EA/DICE was a calculated business decision. Actually region locking areas or stopping hacking from, say, foreign internet cafes would probably mean a nice chunk of lost revenue.

chainy and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  17. chainy

chainy Active Member

GPU:
    970gtx
    BF V it's not even remotely like the 1943 version, the mother of all bf's, while they could have huge maps and maneuverable battleships and even aircraft carriers back then so many years later they fail so bad, its deteriorated to a weak cod state with cheaters running rampant, not buying any bf anymore..

18. Great White Shark

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    And this sums up what EA/DICE did to the Battlefield Community!

19. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    BF V will be lost forever and forgotten. Devs should take notice not to push political agenda in games

20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    BF1 was far better then BFV for me.
    I've already uninstalled BFV. I'm not moved at all about this DLC they will release next month. All of it was so underwhelming to me.