Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-20-4-2-driver-download.html

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Highlights
    Support For

• Gears Tactics™
    • Predator: Hunting Grounds™
    Fixed Issues
    • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system hang or black screen when running Folding@Home while also running an application using hardware acceleration of video content.
    • A system crash or hang may be experienced when using Edge browser to play Netflix™ content.
    • XSplit™ may experience an application hang or freeze when performing a scene switch.
    • Minor stuttering may occur when performing a task switch with performance metrics overlay open in some games.
    • Overwatch™ may experience an intermittent crash while entering a game or during extended gameplay sessions.
    • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics product system configurations may intermittently experience a display loss or black screen while gaming or on desktop with a limited number of displays.
    • Radeon Software may experience an application crash when playing games with non-alphanumeric characters in the game title.
    • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience an application crash with Microsoft® Teams when hardware acceleration is enabled.
    • An ‘Unable to get requirements’ error message may intermittently occur when viewing the Upgrade Advisor tab in Radeon Software.
    • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when playing games with Instant Replay or Record Desktop enabled.
    • Resolved an install issue where Error 1603 could occur when an installation prerequisite for Visual C++ was not correctly detected as installed.
    Known Issues
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Using Edge™ web browser to playback video content with a multi display system configuration may cause a system hang or crash after extended periods of use.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
    • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
    • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when performing multiple task switches using Alt+Tab.
    • Desktop or In-game corruption may occur intermittently when HDR is enabled.
    • Direct ML Media Filters are currently unavailable in Radeon Software Media gallery for video or image content.
    • Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely.
    • Some laptops may encounter a BSOD when installing Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition over an existing OEM graphics driver. To work around this issue, first uninstall the OEM graphics driver using Programs and Features within the Control Panel. Once complete, install the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition package and select the Factory Reset option during setup.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Driver Version 19.50.29.27 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.15029.27015)

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Did this fix the Video Profiles for 5700 users yet?

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I don't think so, also installer error 1603 can still occur for the HDMI audio driver but this is harmless and if it fails it can be manually installed and it hasn't changed since October 2019 so if doing a overwriting install instead of a clean (Though it can still fail on a clean one too.) then it's not a issue as the HDMI component is already up to date. :)

Install.log in the AMD program files folder and the log subfolder should have a error near the bottom highlighting the HDMI audio driver component if this is why it fails.
    (As to why it says 1603 in the installer itself with no details at all that seems like a oversight for users wondering what that means before checking separate log files and what not.)

INF comparison shows that this removes VegaM GPU support (A couple of different entries missing compared to 20.4.1 for this category of cards.) and that there's a new registry string for hiding update notifications far as I can tell from it's name, other than that well it's a bunch of bug fixes and support for Gears of War Tactics and Predator Hunting Grounds with the usual assortment of listed and unlisted known issues still being a thing.

EDIT: This string in the INF.
    [ati2mtag_SoftwareDeviceSettings]

Stuff already here.

And this new one.

HKLM,"Software\AMD\CN",Notify_DriverUpdate_hide,%REG_SZ%,false

Jackalito likes this.
  4. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

5700 still has low clocks on old games

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Hopefully, this will fix the undervolt reset.

Also what's interesting download doesn't seem to work right now via the control panel or via the website. so kudos to @Hilbert Hagedoorn for uploading the driver.

6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    The Division 2 HDR still badly broken since 20.4.1 driver ---->
    https://streamable.com/o9ri06

With the 20.3.1 it worked ok on my Vega64 / DX12 renderer, Freesync 2 HDR (on C49RG90).

SDR mode in D2 (or other game in HDR e.g. SW:Battlefront 2) works fine...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    P.O.N. likes this.
  7. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    ... Over 4 months now...

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    The stutter fixes we probably won't see until wddm 2.7 on 2004

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I'm not seeing stutter though..

Passus likes this.
  10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Maybe with Freesync 2 HDR... game runs just fine here in HDR

11. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I would hate to pay over 300 bucks for GPU and get stutter and fps issues in games. But it could be something else and not the drivers, if its not happening to everyone.

Kuss likes this.
  12. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Something that I hate about the Gaming world in general is the idea that it's completely ok to pay for something(sometimes at a premium) and receive a bad product filled with bugs, issues and problems.

It happens with AAA titles, GPUs, monitors, mice...you name it.

I wonder if its because of fanboyism. The idea that "Oh my brand new overpriced hardware/game/whatever doesn't work properly but it's okay, since X company is amazing and they will fix it for sure!"

This would never happen with a car or something. People would go crazy and demand a solution immediately.

olymind1, AlleyViper and Lipici like this.
  13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    GPU's don't cost as much as a car... oh wait, NVIDIA Turing Titan / GTX2080Ti...

G13Homi and patteSatan like this.
  14. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    Known issues
    • Direct ML Media Filters are currently unavailable in Radeon Software Media gallery for video or image content.

15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I don't know what this means o_O

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    An issue with the media functionality in the drivers for some time now despite being supported earlier.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/e9bff2/how_to_use_the_direct_ml_media_filter/

And that post is from December so yeah there's work to be done on this feature.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  17. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    5700xt owner here I have in my SSD LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, GEARS 5,SOTR,F1 2019,FH4,BATLLEFIELD V and ROCKET LEAGUE all running fine no stutter no problem with HDR I use afterburner for oc and on my m/b I keep pcixpress at gen3 and boot normal and I have no black screen bug my opinion WIN 10 SUCKS. Sry for grammar.

G13Homi likes this.
  18. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    HDR10 works....
    But I wonder how badly broken Freesync 2 HDR must be, when the AMD created/supported standard is not working properly since two driver releases.

And really guys.... when you are talking about HDR please state which tech/standard.... it IS important.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  19. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Me neither bud

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Most games have the clock speeds fluctuating a bit more than desired but the resulting performance dip or stutter varies a bit from how limiting the game or game engine is and how frequently this happens.
    Monitoring helps show it better as the resulting frame time graph is usually anything but smooth though as I normally run D3D11 through DXVK because it runs better and more stable some of this is eliminated simply from the low-level API's holding better and showing less problems for this particular issue.

Unreal Engine 4 D3D11 seems like a neat little engine to put the card through it's paces, Borderlands 3 even on D3D12 and with the shaders neatly cached shows some of this as a more recent title for one example.
    (Which thankfully is a one time affair - per update or driver change that is. - when the game is started as said caching or optimizing takes a bit of time to finish up.)

Looks like disabling ULPS still helps resolve a part of the issue too further reducing the fluctuating clock speeds and resulting changes to performance or perceived smoothness on the users side although this does default back to enabled on a driver update and needs to be toggled off again plus as with some other useful options (Shader caching option disappeared too to name one.) there's no in-software setting for it at all so third party or regedit is required.